“Birthday Celebration”

Midtown Bistro
Price range: US$3 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Reservations STRONGLY Recommended!! Now Offering COMPLIMENTARY Valet Parking, if you choose. We are located at approximately 20th Avenue South(Crescent Beach section) on business Hwy 17 in North Myrtle Beach in a strip mall, next door to the Forever Weddings Wedding Chapel(Do Not Park at Wedding Chapel) and Lumber Liquidators(Overflow parking available after their business hours). We offer Complimentary Valet Parking!!! We are about 2 miles north of Barefoot Landing. **We have updated our menu, and currently our website is under renovation, so please call for pricing & availability**. Our delicious Prime Rib is ONLY available on Fri & Sat nights, & we do recommend reserving it when you make your reservations!!! Classical Jazz piano by Tony Rosales Wednesday through Monday nights 6-8pm.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time dining at Midtown Bistro located at 2004 Hwy.17S in North Myrtle Beach. Located in a small strip mall,sign is dark brown background with copper lettering, which makes it difficult to see from the Highway. When I arrived with a birthday cake I was told by the hostess that there was a $15.00 serving charge from cakes purchased elsewhere. Asking why, and her response was it's because the restaurant serves desserts. Told my friends about this charge and the Birthday celebrant immediately asked for the manager. Another server told us that they changed the policy when they changed the menu. So we asked for a knife and said that we would cut and serve the cake ourselves. To which she responded, I can't give you a butcher knife, due to liability. But I will let you have a spatula, which turned out to be a cake server. So, we saved the bread knife, our server brought us plates and forks and let us borrow a cigarette lighter. And we weren't charged the extra $15.00. As for the food, my French dip sandwich contained dry roast beef and was served with penne pasta salad with mayo and grated parmesan cheese. And wasn't very good. I was told by my friends that the marinara sauce was too sweet. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Karen B, General Manager at Midtown Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Brooklyngirl48,

Thank your for your review of us!! We just want to say that we are a local business that offers a wide variety of dining options at very reasonable prices, and have been doing so for many years.

First, as for our sign, just letting everyone know that yes we know the sign over the building is dark, but the sign on the highway is on a taller combined board with our neighboring businesses, on a white background, under the Me & Mommy sign. We are working on the lighting situation, but it is still summer and it does not get dark until much later in the evening. People still find us, I promise!!!

Second, when you go out to eat, you go out to pay for your food. If we let you bring in a cake/wine/whatever it may be, when we offer a selection of our own items, then we charge a minimal fee. Surely you must understand this.

Thirdly, if there was something you disliked when you were eating at our establishment, then let us know at the time, so we can correct it. Many people love our pasta salad and sauces, but we understand not everyone's tastes are the same. Just please let us know at the time.

Again, thanks for your review! That being said, if you choose not to recommend us, that is your option. However, we would be more than happy to see you again, if you change your mind.

Karen B., GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We come here every time we are in Myrtle Beach. Definitely need to make a reservation when you go. We had a group of 14 (including 5 kids under 12 years of age) and we made a reservation. We were seated as soon as we arrived. The food was awesome as usual! Piano music was wonderful. Service was great! We will be back again.

1  Thank Momof2boy
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Bistro is hard to get into, always busy. Great food, early bird prices, very clean and a great gathering place in Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed the food at this restaurant and will go back soon. I recommend it to you and yours. I live closeby this restaurant. In fact it is only 6 blocks away from my condo. I have visited it a few times and I expecially go their when my family is in town. Its a good local type restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My sister-in-law and I ate lunch at Midtown Bistro. We both had the blackened scallop risotto; it seemed to be singing its siren song to both of us. Lightly blackened and perfectly cooked scallops and a creamy and also perfectly prepared risotto left us both ready to return. We will be back to Midtown Bistro on our next trip to Myrtle Beach! I am looking forward to trying lots of other menu items.