“Family vacation”

Crescent Shores
Bethlehem
“Family vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

A few years ago we took our first trip to MB....and stayed at the Cresent Shores....due to the outstanding accommodations, we keep going back. One trip we only needed a 2 bedroom and another we needed a four bedroom. Both were very well appointed, decorated beautifully and as clean as you could ask for. Our kids and grand child absolutely love this place!! My husband and I just returned from MB and can't wait to go back....we stayed in myrtle beach rather than north myrtle because cresent shores didn't have a one bedroom....we enjoyed it, but the quality didn't come close to what we have grown to expect at Cresent Shores!! You won't be disappointed if you are looking for amazing oceanfront views and beautifully furnished, appointed condos!!! We are going again in August with the whole family again....can't wait!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed at Crescent Shores for the first time during spring break 2013 upon arrival we discovered black mold in our rental. We took pictures of the mold and showed them to the front office. They sent someone to clean the mold who was unable to do so because it is grown into the wall and was starting to actually deteriorate the structure of the wall. Once it could not be cleaned we called the office again and got a response of we must have expanded the picture and it was only a small spot of mold and there was nothing wrong with the wall (of course when Lynn Cwanbyrn the general manager) was offered to come look for herself she declined the invitation and still insisted this was nothing of concern. Everyone who stayed in this room is now sick and we can't help but think this has something to do with it. I have never stayed at an establishment that is so unwilling to work with and listen to it's patrons. I will never plan a vacation that has anything to do with Crescent Shores again nor will I ever advise someone else to do so.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank kurvz

Travellers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Third time at this condo and very happy! Always upgraded and very clean. Family really enjoys the area. Many good places to eat around the property. Be sure to check out Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank stevj65
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

We are currently staying in a first floor, 2 bedroom condo here at Crescent Shores. The privately owned condo (Room 104-North tower) is nice and we love the first floor since we don't have to bother with the elevator, except when carrying all of our luggage (first floor is not ground floor). These owners have updated their unit so it has been a pleasant stay. However, I'm not real thrilled with the resort complex. It is only September and they are already closing the pool and lazy river for a couple of days at a time to clean them, which, believe me, THEY NEED IT! But, when you bring your kids to the beach, having a pool or lazy river closed is a down side for sure. Also, there are signs posted at both spas that say "Adults only in spa". I'm sure they have some sort of reason for this, but we actually have a hot tub at home and my kids are in it all the time, so it is very unfair to ban them from the spas here. Some parents are responsible enough to make sure their kids are safe and behaved in the spa!!! All in all, we have had a wonderful time, but the fact that my kids aren't welcome to enjoy all of the resort amenities will keep me from booking here again. I also think that Condo World, or any rental company, should inform customers of pool closings or "Adults only in spa" before they take your non-refundable money, since the dates of the pool closings were right on the check-in package when we got here.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the first floor if you don't want to use the elevator much. Plus, since it i...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Julie T
Pittsburgh, Pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed with family and friends the week of Aug 11-18, 2012. We booked Crescent Shores unit 410 S (south)..4bedroom/4 bath for $2800 through Condo-World, who's office is right around the corner. I used their pre-register option on line and check in was simple. The unit was ready at 1pm! The elevators were packed and hard to find a cart, but I expected this so I cant complain. 1000 people are checking in at the same time. Why do people gripe on here about that? Take a necessity bag up to the room and wait a little bit.Common sense. The facilities were adequate and fairly clean. The pool/beach area was surprising NOT too crowded. With a complex this large, I was worried it would be jammed packed and hard to get a spot at the beach. It wasnt bad. The pool was always pretty clean too. The condo itself needs some updating, but unlike others that post poor reviews, I know what to expect for the price I pay. For a beach front 4 bedroom condo, it was right in line.
The Condo: First off... I dont know why these owners would ever put carpet in these weekly rentals that are high-traffic, with lots of kids. It just wont last. Tile the whole thing. The bathrooms were a little dirty too. But all in all, we had a nice time. I would most likely rent at Crescent Shores again, but will try a different unit.

Room Tip: Stay on floors 3 or lower.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank BlacknGoldtraveler
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

We rented unit 1803 at Crescent Shores on July 16 - 21, 2012 for a family get-together for our elderly mother's birthday. We were three older couples and my mother, and we were thrilled to find this large 4-bedroom, 4-bathroom condo right on the beach with all bedrooms suitable for adults (king & queen beds, no bunk beds!) and we each had our own bathroom.

No complaints about Condo-World. Check-in and check-out were both very easy and fast. They were very friendly, and we received enough keys and parking passes for all of us (we had four vehicles).

Parking across the street was not perfect, but it was fine. We were concerned about some of the reviews of the elevators, however, they seemed to be fine during most of the time that we were there. The only time there was a problem, was during check-out time on Saturday, when things get very busy. To remedy the situation, they had two employees stationed inside the elevators, using their keys to make sure the elevators kept running. There are luggage carts to use which is a help. Check-out time is hectic on Saturdays, so expect delays.

The unit itself was very nice, on the top (18th) floor, with a large balcony that has a spectacular view of the ocean and beach. Our mother absolutely loved sitting out on the balcony looking at the beautiful ocean and watching all the people on the beach. The condo is roomy, with decent sized bedrooms, bathrooms, living room, dining area and kitchen. It has a washer and dryer in the unit which was very much appreciated, and the kitchen was well stocked. We had no problem with noise from neighboring units, and we were high up enough that we heard no noise from the beach.

Lighting was poor because of the low wattage light bulbs they use, so if you like brighter reading light, you may want to bring your own light bulbs. Also, there were no remote controls for most of the televisions.

I would suggest that the owner buy new mattresses. Ours (king size) sloped in the middle and was pretty uncomfortable. I would also suggest buying mattresses that aren't quite so hard. Our mother was happy with hers, though, in the master bedroom. The a/c worked very well, which was wonderful since it was so hot the week we were there.

The biggest problem we had was that the first night we were there, I decided to check the TripAdvisor reviews to see if anything new had been written about this complex. I was horrified to find a review from July 7th (the week before we were there) about our particular unit and the reviewer's discovery of cockroaches. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well that night, and spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen looking for any trace of bugs. I called Condo-World the next day and they said that they spray regularly, but that sometimes renters won't let them in to spray (which is understandable - we don't care for bug spray either), so occasionally, bugs will show up. But that they did spray right before we arrived.

We removed everything from inside the kitchen cabinets that we would be using, and ran it through the dishwasher. I would have done this anyway, but was especially motivated at the thought of cockroaches and bug spray. We were all very happy that we found no trace of bugs, and we never saw any while there. But my recommendation would be to always wash anything that you're going to use. Don't trust the people who were there before you, or the cleaning staff to do a good job. There is a trash chute on every floor, which made it very convenient to remove the trash frequently.

In my opinion, the cleaning staff could do a better job. Nothing real big, but we found blankets that were just wadded up and thrown into the closets, and the floors were not cleaned real well. I would also suggest new grouting in the master bathroom shower.

The complex is convenient to everything (restaurants, Barefoot Landing, etc.), and it's easy to get around North Myrtle Beach. Don't expect much in the way of fine dining. There are a lot of mediocre chain restaurants there, obviously catering to young families. One place we would recommend is Umberto's Italian restaurant at Barefoot Landing. Food and service was good.

All in all, we had a wonderful time in unit 1803 at Crescent Shores, and even with the few glitches we had, we were quite happy with the unit. The beach is huge, and there are lots of fun looking miniature golf places for kids, so North Myrtle Beach seems like a great place for families.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank WED439
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

I will first say that our unit 310 was nicely appointed and updated. It was a bit worn as the season is winding down, the beds, carpet, etc. need some refreshing but it was okay for the week.
My major complaint is about the parking and noise factor of the building. I have stayed at many resorts in Myrtle Beach but never one where you heard so much noise from neighboring units. The other big complaint is parking. We have a mini-van with a "turtle" or storage box on top. We could not fit in the parking deck across the street but there is limited parking for high top and handicap only directly under the building. BUT, it is a big issue finding parking because they do not enforce their own rules! Mostly sedans and small cars parked there. So, were had some problems. With those factors I would most likely choice another complex on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family