“Not what we expected..”

Crescent Shores
barrie
“Not what we expected..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

The room we booked through condolux, room 607 was absolutely not what we expected. We expected it to be clean but it was NOT! There was mold in the ensuite bathroom shower, pee around all the bathroom toilets, shower drains were both broken/and slow draining, floors were soo dirty our feet were black, found glass in the carpet (stepped on and went through foot), baseboards had marks from food or drinks being spilt, there was broken glass in the dishwasher from the previous people, microwave was full of food, walls despiratly need a paint job...last but not least the WASHER and DRYER did not work. You read that it has a washer and dryer in the unit, thinking its going to work but no, they said in small print it doesnt have to be in working order. Wouldn't stay here again

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Nicmat2010

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Grimsby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were here two years ago and came back again this October. The building is clean and the units are comfy and well equipped. No doubt we will be staying here again (likely next year).
I love being so close to the ocean and when the water is too choppy there are two warm pools for the kiddos and 2 hot tubs for the hubby and I.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Gilbert, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

My family and I booked S609 for a week in July. The pictures online were exactly what was there upon arrival. There was a broken basket in the dishwasher and at first I was a little disappointed in the balcony furniture but soon took note of the beautiful ocean and we looked past those problems and decided to enjoy our stay "no matter what". The beach is wide most of the day and gives a lot of room, even with the large amount of people there. There are many lifeguards and police keeping and eye on things and my wife and I felt at ease all day. The shops and restaurants near the hotel were not overpriced and the vacation cost a fraction of what most vacations cost up north. Not to mention the cheap gas!! The condominium was well kept and the owner's seem to be doing a fine job. The condo was not a hotel and there is no room service but I still highly recommend this unit. The views of the pool and beach is much better than the higher unit we rented the previous year.

Room Tip: Choose S609 with a great view and comfortable family furnishings.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 576Jeffs609
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

We took a "Leap of faith" and looked at the VRBO listings instead of using the usual rental companies. Unit # 1702 listed on VRBO 212322 provided us with a Virtual Tour that we could look inside the condo before booking, and WOW was our first reaction. After contacting the owner by email, Kenny walked us through the rental process going through the VRBO system, and we were lucky enough to find availability for the last week of August. After arriving we found ourselves happier than we expected. First, everything was Clean, Clean Clean! The condo is appointed with a decorators touch with beach decorations and quality furniture through the condo. The kitchen was fully equipped, and the pots and pans looked lie new. The balcony area had a large dining table to enjoy breakfast while the dolphins swam in front of the resort. Fluffy towels and quality bed linen on all five beds. lots enough room for all 9 of our family.The Master Bathroom has a "Spa Style" shower with ceiling tile and body sprays. The flooring throughout is hard surface, and no wall to wall carpet to gather sand and dirt. There is even an outdoor closet to keep our beach chairs and sand pails out of the condo unit. I almost didn't write a review because I wanted to keep this jewel all to myself. Do yourself a favor and check out # 1702!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank West-End K
Keyser, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We rented a condo from an owner on the 15th floor and it was excellent. The resort itself was not too appealing. The pool and lazy river ( for lack of a better word...sucks). Too small for the number of people and a view of the lower level parking garage. The city sets up their umbrellas and chairs to rent every morning right in front of the complex in the prime area. You either have to set up at 7:30 or move in front of the chairs. The beach is crowded,but hey, it is Myrtle Beach. I think I will go back to Florida from now on.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MountainGhost
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Trust the bad reviews! I didn't and my family paid the price! I thought the bad reviews were from people who were too picky; well I am not picky and I was disgusted! We stayed in Crescent Shores 411. It looked beautiful in the photos on line, but it was completely misrepresented(obviously the photos were years old). The place was ABSOLUTELY FILTHY: food on the floor in more than one room, coffee table and dressers in bedrooms sticky to the touch(my book actually stuck to my dresser leaving part of the book stuck on the dresser), the once cream colored couch was black, the floors were so dirty our feet were black after walking on it, heavy dust and grease build up. MULITPLE BROKEN ITEMS: the microwave was broken, the chaise lounge on the deck was broken and could only be sat in if you propped it against the wall, SLIDIING GLASS DOOR would NOT LOCK(major safety issue!!!), stopper to bathroom sink broken and stuffed in drawer, same with toilet spindle, multiple burned out light bulbs with no replacements available, Two TV remotes and one TV broken.
We were told quality assurance would come and address our concerns, but no one ever came!!
It was NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY as advertised. Lots of underage drinking, smoking and foul language in the pool area daily!!!
NO STAFF or SECURITY on site to deal with any issues. We were told by the building staff if we had a problem we should call the police; this was not a police matter.
LOTS OF RULES BUT NO ONE TO ENFORCE THEM!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank ElaineGK123

Travellers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed at Crescent Shores 1803N and place was disgusting!! Here are a few things that were noticeable during our stay:

• First of all, Condolux employees are completely rude!!!!!! Not only are they rude when you check in, but they are rude when you ask them a question!!!
• Upon checking into our condo we noticed our unit did NOT come complete with bath and hand towels. None of the 4 bathrooms had hand towels!! I called Condolux telling them I needed more towels and I didn’t receive them until 5 days later!! This is a 4 bedroom, 4 bath unit and there wasn’t enough towels for all 12 guests. We had to wash our towels several time because Condolux couldn’t send more towels in a timely manner. Also, all the towels in the unit were faded, hard, rough, smelly and seemed like they had their own fair share of use.
• Our refrigerator was not cooling our food. I called several times after being hung up on right away!! I called Condolux and operator #3 who would not give me her name was completely rude. Since I was calling after hours she said they only take emergency calls. Well, that is an emergency. My refrigerator is NOT working and it will spoil all my food, duh!! She said someone will call me to take a look at but no one EVER came to service the refrigerator. What kind of service is that??
• Housekeeping does a terrible job in cleaning!! We pay a housekeeping fee and I am disappointed to say that the unit was completely filthy!! I can’t believe my friends and I had to clean the place ourselves because we felt the place was so filthy we didn’t want our children getting dirty. The floors are absolutely disgusting!!! The floors probably haven’t been cleaned in months or years. They were that disgusting. Filty, filthy, filthy!
• The Master bedroom bed was being held up by a coffee can!! Really?!?!?! I can assure you that sleeping on that bed was NOT comfortable!
• The Master bath shower handle was broken prior to our arrival and they replaced it with a small handle that made even my little hands hard to operate.
• I don’t think those couches in the living room have ever been cleaned. There were more crumbs on those couches than there was on our kitchen table! Gross!
• I went through an entire can of Clorox wipes cleaning the place myself. That’s how filthy and disgusting the place was!
• We didn’t even complete our vacation (7 days) stay because we had enough of this filthy place!!! We all left 2 days earlier!!

Room Tip: Stay Away...Don't Stay Here!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family