All reviewsgreat unitliving roomoff seasonacross the streetthe kitchencouchrentalsheetsbalconycondoocean
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We stayed in unit 402. The kitchen has been updated and is very functional. The bathrooms should be next on the list to update. The counters are low and need a little storage space. We love the location and the smaller complex which means you share the beach space with less people.

Room Tip: Great North Myrtle Beach location, every room has a view of the sunrise
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Title says it all - we booked for a week in Unit 705 through Elliott Rentals. This unit itself was very very good - lots of space, great kitchen, great balcony furniture, comfy beds, etc. I would rate the actual unit 4.5 stars and would give it 5 stars after a deep cleaning. The place was clean, but things like baseboards, blinds and ceiling fans had been neglected for a while. But do not get me wrong, it was clean and very nice. Kitchen was very well appointed.

Now, for the overall Tidemaster experience outside of the actual unit we stayed in, it was rather disappointing. Workers were building a new walkway for beach access, so the very limited on-site parking that was there was limited even further by stacks of wood and building materials that were placed in a few of the spots. There is plenty of parking across the street but that isn't very appealing when carrying groceries, small kids, etc.

Pool area was ok, it very close to room balconies and you could hear every conversation from the pool and pool deck on our balcony.

Wifi was advertised as included. It was a building-wide wifi system and the fastest speed I was able to clock all week was 2.5 mb/s, which is very slow. I'm sure the wifi speed is fine in the off season, but when there are multiple visitors using multiple devices in the middle of the busy season it just didn't cut it. Unit was advertised with Netflix, which it had, but we were barely able to use it due to the slow wifi speeds. Ended up having to use our cell data to hotspot and watch videos for the kids, so plan on that if you are staying in this building in a very busy time of the year.

As a luxury rental through Elliott, linens were supposedly included, although there was an extra charge for them - guess they were more like "mandatory" instead of "included" - there was a bag delivered after check in that had our sheets and towels. Towels were awfully cheap and thin and had I known that I had to make the beds and strip the sheets before leaving I probably would have just brought my own.

A few little things like more parking and better wifi would have upped this to a 4+* experience, but it lacked a few of these things that would have made the stay much more enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cflowers_nc
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

TideMaster 402 is a great unit in North Myrtle Beach. The kitchen has been updated and is a great space. The location was perfect for us near OD and the beach clubs. Easy access to the beach and a pool. The couches in the living room need to be replaced as they are not overly comfortable. I loved sitting on the porch every day listening to the ocean.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2017

# 803 Tidemaster VERY comfortable condo. Beautifully decorated and great layout. Wish I had been able to book for longer. Hopefully, next time around! TideMaster is for responsible adults, so if your concern is noise and unruly neighbors, this is a good bet.
Very adequate sized balcony. Only complaint is that a service man came to deliver a new dishwasher unbeknownst to me and I got a call after the fact with an apology. Communication could be better between tenant/owner/Grand Strand Resorts, but overall this is my very favorite pick. Would love to book again. Thank you.

Room Tip: Very comfortable size.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed 13 August 2016

Our most relaxed beach vacation ever. My husband and I stayed in the master, our 32-year-old nephew stayed in the "middle room," and my brother and his 17-year-old son had separate beds in the front room. Each bedroom has its own bath, and the rooms don't adjoin, so everyone has privacy. Also when others stayed up late watching TV in the living room, I didn't even hear it from the adjoining master bedroom. The beds and living room furniture were very comfortable. The oversize balcony is open on two sides and gets the morning sun, and you can see the curving shoreline and the Myrtle Beach pavilion in the distance when you look south. I spent many hours reading, dozing, and watching the waves from the comfort of the chaise lounge on the balcony. The elevator is near the front door of the condo & takes you down to the pool area & the wooden walkway to the beach. Also when you arrive, you can pull right in front of the elevator and use the shopping carts and luggage carriers they provide, so unloading was painless. We then parked in the Tidemaster lot directly across the street because the few parking spots out front were all taken. At first I was worried about parking across the street, but it turned out to be no big deal. The beach is easy to access and not as crowded as when you stay at a larger facility. North MB's Main Street is five blocks away. We ordered and picked up food twice from Hoskin's on Main Street & recommend it. The large seafood platter ($20, deep fried or broiled) is enough for two people & there's plenty of other stuff on the menu for those who don't like seafood. It was ready in 10 minutes. We recommend it! There's a Friendly's a mile away on Rt. 17, so we had our favorite ice cream (Forbidden Chocolate) in the freezer the entire week. A great week, no complaints.

Room Tip: We loved Tidemaster 502.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family