“Cherry grove beach house”
other travellers have booked this property
Cherry Grove Cottages and Parking Cherry Grove Cottages and Parking
Side of Cherry Grove Cottages
Side of Cherry Grove Cottages
Side Entrance to Backyard
View from the Cherry Grove Cottages
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Ashlyn P
“Cherry grove beach house”
Reviewed 13 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Me and a couple of friends stayed in one of the myrtle beach vacation stations beach houses. The owner was awesome. Lisa bender answered all our questions, always got back with us and was always straight forward. The only thing I could say I wish was different was that our WiFi didn’t work half the week. We didn’t complain only because we knew she was busy, however we didn’t come to the Beach to be on the internet anyways. We will definitely book with them again. Thank you myrtle beach vacation station!!

Kayla P
“Property was filthy, left early”
Reviewed 6 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018
people found this review helpful

I booked this property because I was getting married on the beach and thought a beach house would be nice to go back to. When I arrived, the windows were all shut and the air was off. It was like a sauna in the house. So we turned the air on, to realize the air conditioning did not work, as other reviewers have also said. So the owner did not fix this issue after the last review. So we purchased fans from the store to put in the windows to cool it down. It wasn't until late the first night that we realized how dirty the house was because we'd been gone all day. There was food stuck to the counter, stains on the blankets, the floors were so dirty my feet turned black after walking on them. My entire family felt disgusting. People were even talking about sleeping in the car it was that nasty. The t.v. in our bedroom didn't work. The drawers smelled like soiled milk. The whole place stunk. There was trash left in the drawers from the last booking. Trash on the floor. You could tell the place just had not been cleaned. So I contacted the owner by email and phone and got no response at all. Next thing you know, two girls just randomly show up at 9am and wake everyone up without a notice or phone call, or anything, to "re clean". But because everyone was sleeping and we had no notice to move our belongings, we sent them away. They only came in with dirty rags and a mop. They had no real cleaning supplies. So I tried contacting the owner again and expressed that it was unacceptable to let this place be this dirty, not respond to any calls or emails then randomly send two people to the house without so much of an apology for the condition of the house, or to even tell us she was sending someone over. Lisa bender actually got an attitude with me as if I had no right to be upset!this was my wedding and she didn't even apologize for the filthy beach house I paid for. She said to me "I sent cleaners over there as a courtesy to you but if 9am isn't convenient then when would be". Again, no apology. I thought the house being clean came with the payment. I didn't know it was a "courtesy" to sleep in a clean house. I explained that I wasn't upset because they showed up at 9am. I was upset because the owner never told me they were coming or even bothered calling to offer an apology. And she just got rude after explaining that. So I asked for a refund. She wouldn't give me one, so I cut my losses and $500, left not even 24 hours after arriving, and paid another $500 to stay somewhere else. Three hours before my wedding, instead of getting ready, I was moving my belongings from this place to another. She also never addressed the other issues like the air conditioning and tv not working. I wish I had photos of the house but I was in and out of there so fast I didn't stop to take any. Do NOT stay here. There are so many issues and the owner does not care to fix them or even apologize for them. Unprofessional.

KEITH J
ESKO
“A great pet friendly beach condo”
Reviewed 6 March 2018 for a stay in January 2018

We stayed in the Cherry Grove Beach Cottage for 5 weeks...part of January and February. It is in a great location...an easy two block walk to the beach. It is pet friendly and it had been remodeled recently. All of the appliances were stainless steel and worked properly, and it has a large flat screen TV in the living room and a smaller flat screen TV in each if the two bedrooms. The only problem we had was with the heat pump/air conditioning units. There was one in each bedroom and one in the living room/dining room/ kitchen area. The one in the living room, etc. area did not heat the unit adequately for the first week or so we were there because the temps dropped down into the 20's for a couple of nights, If you rented the beach cottage later in the year, it would not be a problem.

Rhonda J
“Very comfortable beach condo.”
Reviewed 11 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

My dad and I stayed here last week. The condo is beautiful and very comfortable. Close to the beach. We found the hosts to be very responsive with any questions we had. We'll be back for sure!

Joanne R
“Close to the beach, pet friendly”
Reviewed 2 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

The rental was close to the beach and the apartment was as described in the advertisement. There were no closets but did have plenty of hangers on the back of the bedroom doors. Had 2 nice porches and a grill, and the beach was very close. If you book this property remember there is no dish cloth, kitchen towel, dish soap or anything which was also in the ad as not included. It's easy to forget these things, but there is an IGA grocery store very close by. All of the appliances worked, nice TV in every room with cable, wifi included. Parking was very good.
I would recommend with a few reservations

Cyndi M
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Excellent expierence”
Reviewed 20 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

My daughter celebrated her 18th birthday here and Ms Bender couldn't have been more amazing. This was her first "adult" vacation and it was perfect. The cottage was clean and safe and so close to the beach and shops/restaurants. My daughters exact words were "adorable" I look forward to booking another vacation next time with Ms Bender only it will be for me!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Convenient to everything
Liked least: A chef didn't come with it.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Cecilia S
“Wonderful beach vacations!”
Reviewed 2 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

They say..that sometimes reviews don't come from people that actually stayed at the rental properties, well! I am writing this review as my personal testimonial and experience of my wonderful vacation I had this week. You know how sometimes it is very hard to plan the perfect vacation, due to many factors, like can't get off work, or not enough money, oh! and forget about when you have a pet, because you spend endless hours looking for something that will meet your needs...well! guess what? you just found the place! This year again, and after trying to get away, with the help of Elizabeth, the owner, she made it all happened, her flexibility, her fair rates, the last minute planning, the well-supplied and very clean properties, they all are at walking distance to the beach. She also welcomes dogs, because she knows they are your family too, I have been renting from Elizabeth since 2011, and she has always been very accommodating, fair, these are all traits that are hard to find with the property' owners, she is and continues to be very accommodating to my needs, because I can't easily get off work, or don't ever have enough money, but with the many properties she owns, she always help me make my vacations real. THANK YOU! Elizabeth, and I am looking forward to see you very soon!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing