All reviewsswing bridgefront deskdolphin cruisecherry grove beachnice place to staydvd playerwaterwaybalconycondobedroomaccommodationsdishwasherfurnituretvslaundryrent
Reviewed 14 January 2018

The front desk personnel at check-in were very professional and explained the property rules very well. Overlooking the boats on the ICW was a bonus I did not expect. I like the fact the entire site is smoke free. My condo was superb and only a bit smaller than my entire house! They suggested the restaurant Filets next door and it was very good food and very reasonable. If you are looking for a beautiful, very quiet place to stay this is the place. I travel to this area often and have been looking for a reasonably priced place to stay in the North Myrtle and after my visit will forever be my go to place.

Room Tip: Marina view
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

We are so glad to see you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for letting us know about your experience. It is great that our staff could help make it extra special. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Sheila literally is a breath of fresh air at the resort. She delivers excellent service each and every time I come. Thanks for making things easier for me during business trips. I really appreciate it.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Lashanda S
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you for providing us with this positive feedback. We are happy to hear that one of our team members has provided exceptional service on each of your visits. I forwarded your comments to our management team so this team member can get the recognition she deserves. Again, thank you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The condo was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was there from Oct. 28 until Nov.4, great weather, Still too cold to get in the ocean but warm weather. If you are a smoker it's a little aggravating to go downstairs and out to the boardwalk to smoke but the view was great. The begginning of cherry grove beach was a little more than a mile and a half away, so not too far. Everything you need, groceries, clothes, ER, etc. was within a two mile radius of the harbourgate marina. Free dvds to watch, free putt putt not far down the road, one free ticket to a show or wax museum. Stayed in room 400, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 4 tvs, a dvd player , garbage disposal, etc. Had a housekeeping issue but was given a free buffet breakfast for two at their sister hotel, Bywatch that we took advantage of on the way out on nov.4.

Room Tip: I was in a corner room that was close to the speaker for the swing bridge bell but when I went to sleep, i never heard it once.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for this wonderful feedback about your recent stay at Harbourgate. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient and your condo well-appointed. It's also nice to hear that our team members were friendly and helpful. We truly hope to have you back for a return visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Three friends and I visited North Myrtle for a getaway location and this hotel was perfect for just that. We stayed in a room which consisted of 3 bedrooms and 2 bath. The kitchen came with full equipment and utensils. Neighbors, most of whom lived here, were quite friendly. We stayed in unit 400 and never had any issues, staff was prompt at resolving any inconveniences and our broken lock was fixed within the day. Front desk staff was professional and diverse with a lot of knowledge of the area. Staff was always willing to lend a helping hand. One particular receptionist, Contrica, was a gem. I quite honestly couldn't say enough about her in one single review. Every day we saw her we were greeted with a heartfelt hello and goodbye. The location of the Resort is amazing due to it being 10 minutes away from the beach (at North Myrtle) and 20 minutes away from Myrtle. Be sure to check out the quaint little town of Little River. If this review was to help you decide whether to stay at this location or not, take a personal recommendation from four best friends in their 20s and stay. From Bryan, Nick, Nick and Mike; Thank You.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for this wonderful review! I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed our great, marina front location and our team members provided great service and helpful information about the area. I agree with you - our location is fantastic - less than 3 miles from beautiful Cherry Grove Beach and close to many area attractions and restaurants. Again, I thank you for this review. I hope you and your friends will return for a future stay!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

The location is great!! We were close to lots of stores and restaurants but it was also quiet and calm at night. The staff greeted us promptly and were very courteous and professional. We were given information regarding our stay, a brochure with a list of nearby attractions and beach toys for all the children. The room was spacious and looked similar to the pictures that I've seen posted online. My only concerns were that there was long brown hair in the shower and on the bathroom floor that immediately grossed me out. That was short lived because we started having fun almost as soon as we arrived. The pool was a little small but it was clean. We drove about 10 minutes to get to the beach which is great. I would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for this wonderful review about your stay with us. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our team members courteous and professional. It's wonderful getting feedback about our kids gifting program. I'm happy your children enjoyed this perk. I would like to apologize about the hair in the shower. Our rooms are thoroughly cleaned after each check out and I can't help but wonder if this was possibly a hair from one of our housekeeping staff members? In any event, I apologize. Again, thanks for your stay. We look forward to having you and your family back for a return visit.