My family (me, hubby, teenage son + friend) stayed at the Prince in early July. Our room was beautiful and pretty spacious; the air conditioning worked beautifully. We liked that they had a wine fridge in the room. The room was clean and the furnishings were lovely.
We stayed in Tower 1 (on the beach) and the pool complex was a little disappointing. The hot tubs are extremely small and get filled up quickly. The main pool is really small and can get filled up quickly at times during the day. The complex was also not kept clean; lots of paper cups, napkins and a few beer cans were scattered throughout. Also, the front desk gives out pool tags for each guest, but no one checked them. Because the pool complex sits directly on the Cherry Grove Pier, I have a feeling that a number of people who were NOT staying at the hotel also used the pool complex. The hotel needs to do a MUCH better job of checking these tags and keeping the complex clean.
We ventured up to the pool complex on Tower 2, but were told from many guests that this was the favorite hangout of all of the teenagers. The view from up there was gorgeous, but it was a bit more raucous than the complex for Tower 1.
The "fitness facilities" are a joke. There is a 10 x 10 room that has a few dumbells in it, and another 10 x 10 room that has less than a handful of cardio equipment. Save yourself the trip and just go for a walk on the beach.
The breakfast buffet was pretty good, though food was pretty slow to come out. The views from the 3500 restaurant were wonderful. Food at the pier restaurant (which I am assuming is part of the hotel since all of the employees wore Prince t-shirts) was so-so. It was decent enough for a beach snack, though service was HORRIBLE and the food was ridiculously slow coming out. One of the servers spilled beer down my back while she was cleaning another table (let's call her "L") and didn't have the respect or maturity to apologize. After speaking with the manager we got one of our entrees for free. Prices here were also ludicrous - better to cook something in the room or have something delivered.
The best part of the resort was being able to walk out on the pier. Our teenage son and his friend enjoyed fishing off of the pier and the views from the end were breaktaking. Only $1.50 to walk out on the pier and only $6.00 to fish off of it since my son brought his own rod.
Housekeeping never did show up during our trip so we had to continually call to get fresh towels and toilet paper. Tech support also never showed up to fix our ceiling fan, and when we had trouble getting into our room Tech support was incredibly rude and made it seem like we were bothering him for his help. If Housekeeping, Tech support and the Front Desk Staff could all be retrained to actually be nice and fulfill their responsibilities then the hotel would be great. If location is what you're after - enjoy, if you also expect great service - keep looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable, modern accommodations await you at beautiful Prince Resort, situated at the entrance to The Cherry Grove Pier. Find built-in fun along with easy access to all the excitement of the Grand Strand at your finger tips! You are our top priority here at Prince Resort. Whether you visit the beach for a romantic getaway for two or a large family reunion, let us make your ocean experience the best one, ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Prince Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Resort Condos Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Prince Hotel Condos
- Prince Hotel North Myrtle Beach