“very pleasant, we'll be back if we can get similar rates”
Review of The Prince Resort

The Prince Resort
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Stayed in the tower across the street from the beach. I guess it's the "marsh view" property. We had a corner room on the 19th floor. The view of the marsh was amazing. The layout of the room was awesome, had a livingroom area with couch and flatscreen tv on wall, with a small balcony. There was a kitchenette off to the side with full size fridge, modern stove, pots and pans, etc...and small dishwasher, with a stacked small washer and dryer to the left. This place is set up to cook in, which is nice since there are seafood markets locally that have great product. There was a nice little kitchen table with an amazing view.

The bedroom was nice also, big bed, nice and firm. There was also a nice flat screen tv on the wall, nice dresser, and a safe in the closet. Once again a nice view. I guess the corner rooms are nice in that you have separate views in the kitchen/living area, and a 3rd windowed view in the bedroom. The bathroom was modern and accomodating, tub seemed bigger than most hotels but I didnt take a bath, just showered.

Overall I would very much recommend this place, at least in the tower we stayed in. Not sure how modern the beachside tower is being that I could see some old school tv's (not the flat panels) through the windows, but...who knows.

I would stay here again. My girlfriend found rates of $89/night Sun/Mon night August 21/22. She watched the website and the rates had falled to those levels so she snatched up the rooms. At $89/night we got a steal. Also, when checking out, the clerk was very friendly.

Room Tip: try booking when most school systems have started back up, less kids, book a corner room as high as...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mwtiu2000
There are newer reviews for The Prince Resort

Reviewed 24 August 2011

My family and I stayed at location the week of 8/6 to 8/13/11 should have know something was wrong when the counter at check in started to fall off and we were told right away that there were no refunds if check out sooner - The pool area was disgusting -the pool attendant would skim out scum at edge of pool with a bucket and say it is was Sun Tan lotion! - No tables or umbrellas very sad looking "lounge chairs" that had seen better days -whole experience was very upsetting since this was the first vacation my family had taken in Two Years. Would not recommend or ever go back to .

3  Thank Judith M
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Great place to stay. Friendly staff, great location and great place overall.

4  Thank harps20
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Enjoyed my 3 night 4 day stay. Room was was very nice and clean. Housekeeper kept fresh towels coming daily. Accomadations were on the 19th floor located in Tower 2. Great Inlet view room for nice view of the beach and Ocean Drive. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank PortCiti10
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Stayed here on a whim after attempting to stay in Myrtle Beach and finding very poor hotels. Drove up north, phoned the number on the outside, was greeted warmly by a HUMAN who gave me a couple options and at a reasonable price. Right from the start was treated very well. Did not feel like a walk in at any time during my stay. Ended up staying an extra day. They are located right near the Cherry Grove pier - perfectly located. If you did not want to use your car again until you left you would not have to do so. Restaurant on site - little bar and grill at the pier. The room was huge - washer and dryer in suite. Clean - I am a clean nut and room was clean throughout. One little hiccup - I took a walk on the beach and when I returned the room door was propped open with the door latch. Most likely the maid left it open and forgot - but it was a little unsettling - nothing was taken so "no harm, no foul". I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank raycatch9
Reviewed 17 August 2011

First the pros...The hotel staff were very friendly, and the room was small but not the hotels fault that's what we booked. The hotel room was clean and I really like that it came with a full sized refrigerator, diswasher, stove, dishes, utensils, the works! We had an angle room but we could still see the beach. The breakfast buffet was tasty but on the pricey side, but again, the staff were very helpful and friendly so it made up for everything that I'm about to say NEGATIVE!

We arrived just as everyone else was arriving and the there is just total chaos! No parking, everyone in a rush and cramped parking spaces. The guy that was supposed to be either a valet or a bellhop was just standing there like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world except for his job. We stayed in the main building, the sister building is across the street and so is the big pool. Also the main parking deck is across the street, but traffic was hospitable, so we had no problems crossing to get to our vehicle once we got settled. Finding a decent parking space is another whole matter indeed! We arrived on a Friday evening and left on Sunday. On Saturday which was one of the hottest days of the year, our air conditioning went out. It stayed out for over 4 hours and they sent up several people who tried to fix it before calling the regular guy that fixes it and he said that the thermostat had gone bad...it only took the 4 hours to find that out!

The hotel manager was not very accomodating in taking anything off of our bill, offering a free breakfast, or anything else. The only reply was that the condo was privately owned and everything had to be cleared through the owners...are you kidding me?! All that I wanted to do was relax after a long day on the beach, and we were strongly advised by maintence to go out for a few hours because that's how long it would take for the room to cool down!

On Sunday we were allowed to have a late checkout but nothing else for our inconvenience, and there lies the problem. 4 hours in a hot, stuffy room, having to go out and spend extra money to eat out because we couldn't relax in our room, and then being told that the owners of the condo would have to be contacted with regards to any compensation for our inconvenience!

Would I stay at this hotel again...yes, even with all that we went through, the hotel was clean, the elevators were stuff, and the parking was a nightmare!! BUT ISN'T IT ALWAYS THAT WAY DURING SUMMER?

All in all, the hotel staff made up for the hotel managments attitude,(reason for 2 stars) and the hotel is family friendly, and very quiet!

Room Tip: Book a room in the building that has the pool on the 9th floor I believe it is! It has the best ocea...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank BCutlerFosque
stephanie1447, Manager at The Prince Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

I apologize that you had an issue with your air conditioner while you were staying at the Prince Resort. I know my front office manager talked with your husband on your departure date who inquired about the possiblity of a late check out. Due to your having an issue with the AC, my front office manager allowed your family to stay in your unit and use the facilities for the entire day at no cost to you. This would have normally incurred a charge of at least a half day rate. He was very pleased when he left the front desk at 6pm. If you felt that this was insufficient, I wish you had notified us prior to leaving the property.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

if i have to pay a grand almost to stay here again itll have to be the only place in myrtle beach left to stay because we drove 13 hrs to get here from pennsylvania & the room they gave us was filthy so they gave us another room to try that was dirty also so basically we chose to stay in the 2nd room & they had some1 come clen it our first room had flat screen tvs the second room had the old big bulky tvs the carpet was an ugly green it was just a bad room all around so we had to deal with this for a week then we also had to keep going to get our keys programmed like 4 different times for some reason our keys would quit working then in parts of the parking garage there are piles of pigeon poop thats built up & as we all know they r dirty birds the elevators are like hot boxes & slow as heck and the hallways the rugs are filthy you gotta wipe ur feet before you go outside the people are nice but the problems we had i just thought they could of gave us a better accomidation for all the things we went thru but unfournatly that never happened

Room Tip: make sure u see your room 1st
2  Thank jason h
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#7 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#18 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to The Prince Resort? Share your experiences!