“Great resort”

The Prince Resort
Montreal
“Great resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed 11 days in August with my 2 daughters. We loved our vacation. We had a 2 bedroom condo on the 15th floor. The condo was spacious, quiet, clean and very confortable. The view from our balcony was beautiful. My kids really like the rooftop pools and I could have stayed all day in the lazy river and hot tubs. The only thing that I was a bit disappointed was that the resort does not supply towels for the beach. Since there was a lot of beach supplies stores but just went to purchase some. I was pleased that we had a washer and dryer in the condo and we had a lot of linen and pillows. The resort is a short drive to many great restaurants and grocery stores. We will definitely stay at the Prince Resort again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and bring your own towels.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank saratygs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our recent 4-day stay at Prince Resort at the end of September was a pleasant trip back to the beach at the season's end. Although I was surprised there was no early check-in available and the front desk personnel were less than accommodating, the condo room was spacious, well-maintained, clean and had a nicely-equipped kitchen. Having an on-site restaurant saved us from having to shop/bring/cook breakfast since we were only there a short time and their buffet was better than I expected for a small venue. Although the beach bar adjacent to the condo was quite expensive, it was still an option for a sandwich mid-day rather than grocery shopping since there wasn't any place to which one could walk for lunch. My husband enjoyed fishing on the pier during the day and I did pay the "access" charge for simply walking out to see him, even though I thought that was a bit much just for that. On Saturday, there was a two-person live music event at the pool and the restaurant brought out a portable bar to serve the guests, very reasonable prices. The pool deck was smaller than most and the water decidedly cold for September but it did offer a hot tub and kiddie pool for the young ones. They also have a second property across the street with inlet waterway frontage, parking on the first several floors for both buildings, and second set of pools on the decktop there. The restaurant seemed a bit short-handed with a well-meaning yet frazzled waitress & chatty waiter but their southern hospitality made up for any inconvenience. I would definitely stay at Prince Resort again, probably for a full week to get to know the area better. Best restaurant nearby: Duffy Street Seafood Shack, local place where the prices & food was terrific.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the building across the street if you want oceanfront!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peach-Woman59
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My sister and I love to go to North Myrtle Beach. We go a few times per year and this was our fourth time staying at Prince Resort. We had a 2 bedroom corner condo and just loved it. No complaints at all. We are planning our next visit already. We stay at Avista also. I like both properties, but if I go to Avista now, I think I might be disappointed. At Prince Resort, it's always clean, my bed was comfortable, everything worked, I was happy. If I had to find something wrong, I would complain about the shower having very little water pressure and the tubs are kind of hard to climb into. But other than that...Wonderful place to stay! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for tower 2...it's across the street from the ocean, but you'll never know you aren'...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mary M
Dover, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

What a great experience for the 2nd year in a row!! We will be back again next year!! Great staff, awesome location. You must eat at The Flying Fish and T Bonz at Barefoot Landing. Brookgreen Gardens is a must, then have dinner at Drunken Jack's in Murrel's Inlet. (get there early or be prepared to wait an hour and a half.)

Room Tip: You must get a corner unit in Tower 1.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank desdawgs3997
Tega Cay, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I went for a weekend away. We arrived at 3:30 in hopes of getting in our room before the 4:00 check in. Since it wasn't summer we thought it would be ok. The lady at the desk was average in personality and informed us that they would call us when the room was ready. Waited in the bar and called at 4:15. Room was not ready. Went back to the desk after 5 and it was ready but the same lady from before handing us our room key while on the phone with another guest. Finally got to room. Our king size bed was a queen size bed on a king frame. Hit my leg every time I went to get in bed. Bobby pin randomly laying on the bed. Night stand had dried spills on it. Only 1 person can comfortably sit on the balcony even tho there are 2 chairs. 19 inch tv in the living room area. Service and quality of food was not good. We ate dinner and breakfast there. Breakfast was better than dinner but still average. Way understaffed so we ate at the bar. The restaurant wasn't very crowded but they ran out of a lot of things while we were there at 9:00. Overall visit was less than desirable. We were going to come back next month and bring the family but that will not happen. The only thing that made this trip enjoyable was the pier and the bar outside.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shepink72
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

This was our second stay with Prince Properties and I have to say after this stay we have vowed to stay here from now on! Location is nice and quiet and the quality of rooms is beyond amazing. Very clean!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank famluv
Mooresville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

When we moved to the Carolinas in 2010, we did some research into vacation spots and decided on Prince Resorts in N. Myrtle Beach. We liked it enough to return three more times.

This fourth visit will be our last. The place has fallen into a state of disrepair and reeks of the attitude that people just won't notice that the property is no longer maintained.

The hot tubs are broken. The pools are ice water. The lazy river only has 5 tubes available But it doesn't matter, really, because the water is too cold.

There's no enforcement of no-smoking rules at the pool. But how could there be? There would have to be Prince Resort employees around for this to happen. Other than the indifferent woman at the front desk, there aren't any.

NO WIFI! This is a dealbreaker. This was a working vacation, and I had to go to Starbuck's to do work. The people in the next room complained, but nothing was done. Unacceptable.

The mattresses are so worn out, we all came home with horrible back pain.

All in all, it was a pleasure to leave Prince Resort and return home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Mitch B
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,159 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,409 reviews
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,551 reviews
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to The Prince Resort? Share your experiences!