“Fabulous views at Prince”
Review of The Prince Resort

The Prince Resort
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Fabulous views at Prince”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I went for a week with my family. We were in a updated corner unit on the 12th floor, and we had a better-than-usual stay. The views were fantastic - we were right over the pier. Elevators ran smoothly, the two pools were clean and refreshing, and the staff kept traffic flow and garbage removal running smoothly.
Two points: The wireless internet service worked only sporadically, fir those trying to work while there. Also, they really should work out a deal with the pier. It is very annoying that each person is supposed to pay to walk on the pier.
Tips:
- DO be sure to get a corner unit, though all units in Tower 1 are ocean front ir ocean view.
- Try to get a higher floor - the pools could get noisy.
- Beaulineau's nearby will steam their shrimp and crabs for you in Old Bay for free.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank debnc11
stephanie1447, Front Office Manager at The Prince Resort, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to publish your review on tripadvisor. We are so pleased you had a wonderful stay while you were here. We have gotten our internet situation resolved by installing access points all over both buildings and have gotten great feedback on the service that guests are getting! As far as the fishing pier is concerned, this is owned by another company. We manage the pier, but we have to abide by the agreement we have with the owners to make sure that we charge all the guests who access the pier.
I hope this clears up your questions about the pier. We hope to see you soon.
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
ohio
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed in the 2nd tower, room 1736, a 1 bedroom condo. Slightly dissapointed in the furnishings, the sofa bed had several big dirty looking holes in the very thin mattress, which was folded right back up & not used, & the table & chairs were cheap looking, but the rooms were pretty clean. I looked in a couple of other rooms, a 2 bedroom & a 3 bedroom, & they were very nice! I was told that each room (condo) is owned by different people, so that explains why some rooms were furnished a lot better than ours, which was ok, other than the sofa bed & the king bed in the bedroom, which was way to soft. Condo had a great view of the beach from balcony, & outside the room in the back was a beautiful inlet & marsh. The people I interacted with in the office were very friendly & helpful. I don't like that since I made reservations just a week or so before we came in, they required a two night NON refundable deposit! But thankfully, nothing came up that prevented us from going. The pools are beautiful, but cold! The pool area on the 9th floor roof top was so pretty, it looked like a picture in a magazine! I would recommend this place to anyone, but we like the south end of Myrtle to Garden City the best. The pier was very nice, but cost $2 a person to just walk out on! We went fishing on it 3 times, & only found one guy that worked there to be friendly..all in all it was a nice place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ilovethebeachohio
Thank you for posting your review of Prince Resort. We do appreciate your input. I am very pleased that overall you had a wonderful stay. We will advise the homeowner of the unit that you stayed in that they need to address some issues with the condition of their furniture. Please contact me at the Prince Resort to discuss this further if you have the opportunity.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have never written a rewiew before but this establishment is so nice i felt I should. This is our third stay here and it just gets better everytime. The rooms are always VERY clean. And the maid service is great. They always call us to see if they can do anything for us. The engineering staff helped me this past stay to open a door i could not open on a unit i was just looking at for my next stay. Took time out of their schedule to open a door!! And this was the first time we ate in the restuarant 3500. We had breakfast and Shelia was our server. She was great!!! She was very polite and helpful. I will be asking for her again when we comw back in June. And the food was awesome. Well worth the money i paid. ( it takes 2 to eat the omelet ). The only thing i can say about the whole place is The Prince Resort is my new home awag from home at the beach. Thank you to the all of the staff for making me feel welcome and cant wait to see you again.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank pimmax3
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at Prince Resort. I am so happy to hear that you find this to be your home away from home. We certainly look forward to seeing you again very soon.
LeesaA007
Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a nightmare AVOIDED! Booked through a 3rd party (didn't know at the time), and we needed an upgrade because the children couldn't share a bed. The Prince has a VERY strict cancelation policy and we HAD to deal with this 3rd party. Well, they gave us 1 million reasons to have to be charged over $100 more for this upgrade AS I AM LOOKING AT PRINCE's website. Not only that, but if I wanted to cancel and rebook, I'd have to pay the Prince's cancelation.

I know this didn't sound right, so I called them directly and Sandra couldn't have been nicer. She understood and even explained 3rd party's policies. She went to her supervisor, Nina, who was on the phone with the other booking party. LONG STORY SHORT...they took care of me. Not only did they make sure I was able to get the room I needed, they made sure I didn't incur any extra fees for needing this upgrade---no loss of money from the Prince OR the 3rd party.

I haven't been there yet, but if they take care of their guests like this before I've even ARRIVED (very friendly and genuine), I am looking forward to our stay!

Lesson: Find a rate, then check out their website--it may be a better deal!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LeesaA007
Thank you for letting us know that we were able to make a difference in your trip even before you arrived at Prince. We hope that you had a safe and enjoyable vacaton.
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed during bike week of which we didn't not know - but we had a great time as we have a bike and would have brought it down had we known - but the room was clean and the view was great - we stayed in tower #2 and did not have any problems - we ate at the resturant - it was nice - only thing that I can say was the elevators were very slow and some times they were not working properly - we stayed right across from the elevator and did not hear anything - we had a lovely view of the ocean and enjoyed sitting there in the morning - we would go back - it was our tenth anniv other than having to travel so far to the boardwalk we loved it

Room Tip: We stayed on the 19th floor of Tower #2 and had a great view of the ocean and the pool area on the 9...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Becky M
Thank you for taking the time to publish a review on tripadvisor. I am so happy that you had a great stay while you were here. You are correct. The views from Tower 2 are awesome, so panoramic and breathtaking. We hope that you can return soon.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

excellent service and very comfortable stay beautiful beach and i love to fish and a fishing pier next to hotel was a plus for me. Must i say i will be visiting the hotel again on my next trip to myrtle beach.

Room Tip: beach front rooms are lovely
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Felicia M
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Prince Resort on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased you had a great stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Laval, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were there from may 17 to may 24 during that week Myrtle Beach held their bike week, there were probably around 300,000 bikers in town. I don't have any problem with bikers but i do with the ones that have fun winding their motors from 08:00 am to 11:00 pm. I will never go back there during the Bike week period. The setting is perfect, elevators and swimming pools for the 2 buildings, situated on the beach. Near fish store and market. Good restaurant around.

Room Tip: Watch the Myrtle Beach events calendar or ask a tourist clerk in case of noisy events.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank G0lfGr0up
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I can certainly understand your frustration concerning the noise during bike week. I hope that you will return to the Prince Resort for another stay and would advise you to avoid the bike weeks if you are looking for peace and quiet. Please contact the resort to see the scheduled calendar of events for the time period you want to travel.
Thank you again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#17 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to The Prince Resort? Share your experiences!