We are frequent visitors at the Prince. We have averaged two to three visits a year for the last four to five years. Our oldest son loves to fish off the Cherry Grove Pier. We have always stayed away from the busy vacation season (June – August) and booked our stay pre Memorial Day and post Labor Day. Needing to get away, we booked our stay for the week of July 4th, 2014. Major Mistake! We were met at the front desk the evening of our arrival by a very smart assed receptionist. He was short and stern with his comments and not willing to look for cancelled rooms upon request. With tropical storm Arthur brewing, I asked if there were any last minute cancellations, in an effort to get a better room. This request seemed beneath him and already had his response out of his mouth before I could even get the request out. “No, there have been no cancellations”, as if this was insulting. His body language suggests that he did not want to be there and that we were a distraction to whatever he was doing prior to our arrival. Sensing that I was not pleased with his stance, he tried to loosen up somewhat and made a weak attempt at small humor. This only infuriated me more. At the time, we were the only ones checking into a room, so it was not a busy time. After checking in we made our way to the room, only to find out that the door keys had not been programmed to our room. I’m not sure what the wife said at the front desk, but I’m sure it wasn’t pleasant. During the week, the elevators took forever, the beach was packed rear end to rear end, and there was no cart management as people took carts and stored them in their rooms the night before checkout. The only plus to the stay were the fireworks at the Cherry Grove Pier. They put on an awesome show. I will think twice before booking at the Prince again. I’d suggest that you shop around good before you do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable, modern accommodations await you at beautiful Prince Resort, situated at the entrance to The Cherry Grove Pier. Find built-in fun along with easy access to all the excitement of the Grand Strand at your finger tips! You are our top priority here at Prince Resort. Whether you visit the beach for a romantic getaway for two or a large family reunion, let us make your ocean experience the best one, ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Prince Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Resort Condos Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Prince Hotel Condos
- Prince Hotel North Myrtle Beach