“Great condos, good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Prince Resort

The Prince Resort
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great condos, good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here in August 2012 and August 2013 in a 3 bedroom condo on the 12th floor. Think we got the same room each year. views from the balcony are breathtaking. The beds are comfortable. The three bathrooms were a huge plus. Food and icy beverages in the restaurant off the pier were fantastic!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
stephanie1447, Manager at The Prince Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for being one of our loyal returning guests. We are so glad to hear you were able to enjoy the restaurants and the ocean views while you were vacationing. We look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
The Branch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I give this resort 4.75 stars out of 5, and I am a tough grader. The resort is very clean. The breakfast buffet was excellent and reasonably priced. My only knock on the resort is it is very far north from the heart of Myrtle Beach, there's no attractions or restaurants within walking distance, so if you expect to park your car for the week, that's not going to happen.

Room Tip: Believe it or not, choose a room in the building across the street. It has the same views of the oc...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent vacation. We too agree that the views across the street are breathtaking. We are located in a quieter section of the Grand Strand which offers some wonderful rest and relaxation without all the hustle. We hope to see you again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My family visited Prince Resort last year and although we had to deal with the air conditioner going out during our stay, it was nice and a good deal for the money. We have teenagers, so the fact that there is a pier, a restaurant on the pier and multiple pools, this was nice for all to enjoy. And the room was really nice.
We decided to return this year and upon arrival inspected the beds and found bed bugs. The hotel gave us our money back, found another hotel we could stay at for 2 nights and then we returned back to Prince Resort for the remainder of the stay.
This was very inconvenient and a lot of moving. We did have to be pretty aggressive at first bc they wanted us just to take our money back and go away. Which would have been fine if it wasnt super busy and all hotels were packed. Although I do have to say they did try hard to accomodate and set us up in an awesome room when we returned.
would we return? Probably not. There are a ton of other resorts all up and down the coast. Just disappointed that this happened in such a nice condo!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank angturner
stephanie1447, Manager at The Prince Resort, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
I do apologize that you had a bad experience when you arrived at the Prince Resort. I am happy that the front desk staff were able to assist you with finding another resort to accommodate your family and then were able to move you to another larger unit for your stay. I do hope that you will allow us to impress you again with the kind of stay that you experienced during your prior stays at Prince. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in helping you with a future reservation.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My friends and I just returned from here yesterday. From before we arrived the service was great. We were running behind so we got there late Thursday. The concierge called me to check on us before we even got there which I liked. It showed that they cared that we paid money to come. When we arrived we didn't know where to go to check in so I would suggest putting a sign to let people know to go up to the lobby because you come in from the ground floor. Check-in was fast and easy. The lady at the front desk didn't give directions on where to find our room but it was easy to find anyhow. The biggest problem I had was the tubs not being clean upon arrival and the cleanliness of the comforters was questionable as well. I called and they resolved the comforter issue quickly however we had to clean the tubs ourselves that night as the maid service was already gone. I booked the corner oceanfront room 1502. Two bedrooms two bathrooms. I can't explain how much I loved the view! It was priceless waking up to full length windows overlooking the ocean every morning. That was really nice. The balcony was spacious enough as well. My king bed was very comfortable. The decor is a bit tacky and there were two outdated TVs in both bedrooms but a flat screen in the living room. I didn't really care for the outdated TVs because we watched the tv in the living room the entire time, plus I don't watch tv that often anyway so it didn't bother me. The kitchen was big enough. There was enough space and the appliances were user friendly. I couldn't get the coffee maker to work but I believe it was because the socket it was originally plugged Into didn't work. The counter space was large enough to fit my griddle to make breakfast in the mornings. The entire room was very spacious for the three of us. The pier was beautiful all times of the day. The pools were a bit dirty but we were more focused on the jacuzzi anyway. The customer service was great to me. The employes always asked were we enjoying ourselves whenever they walked by. Overall I loved the trip and room so much that I extended our stay an extra day :-) I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kelley S
Thank you so much for your great review of the Prince Resort. I do apologize that you had some housekeeping issues when you checked in but I am very pleased the issues were addressed quickly. We are working diligently to ensure all our guests have a wonderful experience and will use your comments to continue to improve our services. Thank you again for your review.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Prince Resort gives the vacationer a wonderful beach experience. It has 1,2 and 3 bedroom condos. Each condo has spacious rooms and balcony. I felt very safe there. There is very ample parking for the resort. I have stayed there for 7 years and have loved the experience each year.

The Prince Resort overlooks Cherry Grove pier. I especially like to go to the pier at night. It is well lighted and I can go to the pier quickly and easily. There are always plenty of people staying at the resort so I never feel isolated. However, there is more than enough space so I never feel crowded.

There is a good restaurant in the hotel with a wonderful buffet breakfast. It is open for all meals and often features special dinner feasts. There is also a family friendly bar and grill on the pier that I enjoy every visit. The hotel is close to Calabash (for great seafood), Other restaurants at Myrtle Beach as well as fun activities and night life are a short drive away.

Consider this resort for a vacation. The beach and ocean are beautiful. The resort is clean, well maintained and priced competitively. I think this resort offers something for just about any guest. I look forward to staying there each year. The only problem is having to leave!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good. I prefer the tower right on the beach. However, the tower across the str...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sarah H
Thank you so much for your review of the Prince Resort. We really appreciate you letting everyone know about your stay. We also appreciate your loyalty and are so glad that you have found us to be your vacation selection. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Amazing rooms, all have an ocean view, and are condos, so they have a living area and a kitchenette. The resort has it's own pier and indoor and outdoor restaurant. One nice point is that the beach is far less crowded than Myrtle and is only 15 minutes from all the attractions Myrtle has to offer!

Room Tip: I prefer I higher room, but all view the beach; also there are two buildings, I prefer the one on th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Stacy, thank you for letting everyone know about your stay at Prince Resort. We appreciate the kind comments and look forward to seeing you again very soon. Have a great rest of the summer!
Hickory NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Beautiful corner view unit. Clean . Spacious. enjoyed neighborhood. Access to pier and cute pools. Pools look small but accommodated amount of people using them. always parking in parking deck.Check in was easy. 1.00 refundable fee to get pool bracelet...that was weird?

Room Tip: inlet view can also see ocean
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We are so happy that you had a great time on your vacation here at the Prince Resort. We do hope that you can make it back to North Myrtle Beach very soon. Have a great summer and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,157 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,406 reviews
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,543 reviews
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to The Prince Resort? Share your experiences!