The Prince Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$114
Avista Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$154
Rodeway Inn(North Myrtle Beach)
US$79
RodewayInn
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$205
Seaside(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$129
Vacatia.com
Quality Inn & Suites(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
QualityInn
US$164
US$144
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$89
High Tide Motel(North Myrtle Beach)
US$112
Orbitz.com
Shore Crest Vacation Villas(North Myrtle Beach)
US$178
TripAdvisor
1,300 results
All reviewscherry grove pieracross the streetrooftop poollazy riverpier restaurantocean frontthe kitchenfishing piercorner roomparking garagemarsh viewliving roomhousekeeping servicefloor to ceiling windowswasher and dryerfamily vacationmain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We just got back from the Prince Resort (we left this morning) and already want to go back. Here is a detailed description of our stay:

Our first impression of the hotel was good. The buildings are well kept, attractive, and inviting. We arrived around 3:00 and were unable to check in until 4:00 because our room was not ready- not a great start because we were eager to hit the beach so I was a little dissapointed at check in. Finally we went back at 4:00 and our room was ready. They then gave us bracelets for use of the pools and we paid a $10 deposit for an internet cable (you get your $10 back at check out when you return the cable). We were in tower 2 across the street from the ocean in a 1 bedroom marshview room on the 18th floor. When we found our room all 3 of us immediately said "WOW" at the same time. The room was amazing with a giant floor-to-ceiling window looking south down the beach with wonderful views of the ocean (most hotels would have listed our room as ocean view). Our balcony was out the back of the building overlooking the marsh and also had ocean and beach views (again which most hotels would list as ocean view instead of marsh view). We had a kitchen area, washer and dryer, seperate bedroom with king bed, and sleeper sofa. Even though we were frustrated that we had to wait an hour for the room (yes check in is at 4 but we were hoping to get in early) the room was defintiely worth the wait.

I would actually perfer to stay in tower 2 across the road because you are in the same building as your car and the majority of the pools (which are really cool being on the 9th floor) and it was NOT a problem at all.

We had no problems with the elevators as other reviews have mentioned, we found them reasonably fast.

The pools- in tower 2 9th floor- heated lazy river (very nice and fun), 2 hot tubs, a kiddie pool, and a regular pool (which was a nice size but was not heated and it was really windy so the water was fairly cold). In the oceanfront tower there is a pool, 2 hot tubs, and a kiddie pool. We found that the pools in our building (tower 2) were WAY less crowded than in the oceanfront building and we really liked them being on the 9th floor. Also there is a workout room and ice and vending machines on the 9th floor.

Room had everything you need (shampoo, soap, iron, ironing board, washer and dryer, hair dryer, etc.) which is a plus. Housekeeping service came everyday and did an excellent job, with the exception of Wednesday when we found a thrown together bed and a few towels stacked in the bathroom. All other days were great though.

We LOVED the location. It is really a family friendly area. A short drive to everything you need and all attractions while it is in a quieter area. Can't say enough good things about it. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Loved being near the pier.

Overall our stay was excellent. I know I'm probably forgetting something but there are so many good things to say about Prince Resort. We loved it and I honestly don't know how anyone could write a bad review of this place. If you are looking for a resort in an excellent and safe area on the beach with HUGE rooms and modern amentities and lots of nice pools, this is the place for you. I could rave on and on...! Nicest hotel I've stayed in at the Myrtle Beach area by far.

1  Thank mbvacationer
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I frequent the "Myrtle Beach" area at least twice a year and in recent years had stayed in the Litchfield area. Due to money being tight this year we needed to find more affordable accomadations and did not want to be in the middle of everything "myrtle beach..." during a websearch I came across the Prince Resort in Cherry Grove. I am famliar with the area, but not the resport so I reluctently made my reservations and prayed the place was not a dump... LOL... upon our arrival I was immediately impressed with how clean, well kept and safe an enviornment the resort is. When I found out I would be parking across the street and having to cross the main drag to go to the ocean with 2 - six year olds I was less than thrilled, but I have to say that once I realized my car would be in a safe parking garage, that the lazy river, pool and hot tubs all included an unobstructed view of the ocean and were on the 9th floor which was in and of itself very cool, the kids loved it!

And as if all of that is not enough, I can not say enough about the peir, fishing, the restarnt and bar that are right on sight and the beaches are not crowded and very family friendly! I strongly recommend your checking out the Prince Resort, but only if you are a family looking for a fun, safe and friendly place to have the dream vacation!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank gaoyougirls
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I booked a stay at the Prince in July making sure to have a washer and dryer in the condo. It didn't work and when we told the management they informed us it had never worked. They offered us 5 dollars a day to go to a laudromat less than a mile down the road and rudely said this was acceptable to others who had stayed there. This was unacceptable when we had packed knowing we would have the use of a washer and dryer in the condo. We had 3 adults and 2 children. Motels without services are much cheaper. Thank goodness we were able to get into the Kingston Plantation where we have always had excellent service!! Some of the accommodations have older appliances but they are clean and honest!

Reviewed 15 July 2009

We booked a room there and was put in the tower across from the beach. Was put in a room on the very end which was kinda scary because you had to enter into a small room 1st. Did not like it at all and there pools are TINEY. Personally I would go with a resort from a 5 down and nothing over in that area.

Reviewed 15 July 2009

We had a blast!! Great place, nice rooms, very clean , good food, can't wait to go back, good Staff, this place is well managed!! best experience in MB !! BRING YOUR FISHING GEAR, SURBOARD, BOGEY BOARD, ETC - BE READY TO HAVE FUN OR JUST RELAX !

HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT !!