“Great Spring Break Trip!”
Review of Mar Vista Grande

Mar Vista Grande
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed in room 706- a 3 bedroom oceanfront room at the Mar Vista Grande. It was very nice! The view from our huge balcony was awesome, the furnishings were VERY nice. I was almost afraid to let my 7 and 2 year old kids go into the unit- the fabric on the kitchen table chairs were WHITE! :0 The entire facility was very clean. I thought the customer service was pretty good. But, this is like renting a condo as opposed to staying at a resort... there is no one at the front desk at night from about 9 or 10 to 10 in the morning. I think there is an emergency number, if needed. Also... there is no maid service- which was no big deal, except that the toilet tissue and garbage bags that are in the unit are all that you get. So, make sure to bring your own. There is a garbage shute on each floor to take your garbage each day. The pools were nice and the one that was considered the indoor pool was heated. Be warned** make SURE your kids do not get in the jacuzzi! One of the workers, we called him the jacuzzi police, will immediatly run them out of the jacuzzi if he sees them in there. AND HE WILL SEE THEM!! There is no restaurant/bar onsite- so plan to go out. All in all, we had a very nice trip. I do think they should tell you at check-in or when you make your reservation, to bring your own garbage bags and toilet tissue. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LookeeLou

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We had a three bedroom/three bath condo, which is great since we are travelling with 3 teenagers. The unit was excellent and works for a family like ours -- especially the bathrooms and full kitchen. My biggest negative is there really are limited amenities here -- no restaurant, small bar, limited front desk (no one on duty for an 8 a.m. checkout?), smallish pool, etc. We ate most meals in, but there are dozens of places to go out within a couple miles. The beach in front of the hotel is excellent, and we spent much more time there than at the pool. Free internet in the rool is a plus with the teenagers' electronics. Good experience, but if we return to Mrytle Beach we might look for a place that's more of a "resort."

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Great experience from the time we walked through the door. Check in went smooth and quick. Got up to the 3 bedroom condo, first reaction, what a view!!! Starting unpacking and getting settled in, everything was perect and clean in the room. I would recommend these condos to anyone!! Families to couples, great place. I will be back again and again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
18  Thank Danny S
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is the best ocean front resort in North Myrtle. We have been to the Mar Vista two times already.... the first time was with my relatives (mother, sister, brother & sister-in-law, nephew) and the second time with my husband and I. We stayed in the penthouse unit 1509. It is on the top floor in the middle of the building, easy access to the elevators and all the ammenties the resort has to offer. It offers a full kitchen. It also had a wet bar with an ice maker and wine chiller. We loved the view so much that we found ourselves cooking in the condo more than eating out (we loved eating out on the balcony). The condo also had large flat screen TVs everywhere (my husband's favorite feature). Each time we stayed there we found the condo and the facility to be top-notch. If you would like to stay at a place that goes above and beyond your expectations, then I would advise the Mar Vista Grande. I know we will be coming back year after year.

Room Tip: Top Floor had no noise from upper units.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
17  Thank irishmanlq
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We have been to mar vista grande for two summers in a row. It is the best place on the beach....we will return year after year.

Room Tip: I would recommend oceanfront any day of the week
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
16  Thank daleshrgirl
Reviewed 24 January 2012

With three kids, the typical hotel room just doesn’t cut it. Our 3 bedroom - 3 bath, oceanfront condo at the Mar Vista Grande was well beyond our expectations, at a rate much less than we were expecting to spend. It was complete with a full kitchen that allowed us save money on meals and even had granite countertops.

My wife informed me she had specifically chosen room 1213 from pictures on the hotel’s website and it was a great choice. The room became a meeting point for all of our visiting family members, even my mother who lives locally spent time there because the kids wanted to swim in the indoor pool.

The view was incredible. Our room was a corner room, this allowed for tons of natural light and a better interior view.

The staff was very polite and honest - While checking into the hotel I inadvertently left my designer sunglasses at the front desk; the glasses were promptly delivered to our room before I even knew they were missing.

We have found our hotel for the next time we visit my mother. I was informed that Mar Vista Grande offers a discount for return customers; so even if it’s your first time tell them you are a repeat, because once you stay there you will be.

Room Tip: The Oceanfront rooms are worth every penny! Our room was a corner room that allowed for tons of nat...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family