“Fantastic- Felt Like Home”
Review of Mar Vista Grande

Mar Vista Grande
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Gadsden, South Carolina
“Fantastic- Felt Like Home”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My sister celebrated her 64th birthday and we had great accommodations!.. The master bath was a dream and the furniture was not your typical beach condo type. It was well made and very comfortable. This was important to us because we spent a lot of time in the room. The staff was knowledgably and friendly, we could not have asked for more. The resort is close to shopping and some fine restaurants.
My birthday is in July and we will definitely be back !

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank darmst25
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
We are so happy that your recent stay to the Mar Vista Grande Resort felt like home! It is wonderful hearing that you found the furnishings comfortable and our staff knowledgeable and friendly. Please do come back for your birthday in July--we would love to help you celebrate your special day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Hardly can think of any nitpicks; the condo unit we had for two nights this past weekend was grand (without the e). While you won't be guaranteed the unit you request, it's worth a try. We reserved an ocean front, penthouse unit and received #1513; the corner unit, top floor, south end. This has to be the most desirable unit in the building, and we were very fortunate to get it. Beautifully decorated (although the size of the furnishings somewhat over-powered the unit itself). Plenty of space for three couples, plus entertaining a few additional guests posed no problems. Other than buying food, you can move right in since all the amenities and supplies you need are on site. Checking in and parking were straight forward and there were no waits for the elevators (at least in the April shoulder season). The unit deserves the 5 star rating; you won't be disappointed.

Pricing of course changes with the seasons, and we found it preferable not to book on-line or with their call center. Ask to be connected to the front desk on the 5th floor of the property, and don't hesitate to negotiate your pricing remembering that accommodations tax in North Myrtle Beach is 12%. Pricing for our unit was very, very reasonable assuming all three bedrooms are utilized.

Room Tip: #1513 has to be the premier unit in the building.
4 Thank ValueFinder29455
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
We are thrilled that you have recommended the Mar Vista Grande Resort based on your recent stay. Thank you for confirming that the unit you rented is desirable and deserving of a 5-star rating, and that you found our prices reasonable for the quality and conveniences of the resort. We invite you back soon for another grand stay with us!
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My family stayed in unit 912. The furnishings and extra high end ammenities matouches Great access to beach, golf, restaraunts and shopping. All are ready to come back for our summer vacation. The pools, workout facilities and common areas were well maintained.

• Stayed March 2013
10 Thank tarheel509
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Mar Vista Grande. We are pleased that you found our resort and facilities well-maintained. We welcome you back any time!
Durham
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Some friends and I have a long-established tradition of spending a week together at a Carolina beach in the early fall. Until this year, we've always rented beach houses. Some were fine, others were disasters (think frat house gone to seed), and for me and a couple of the others who were mobility challenged, hauling beach stuff or groceries up the stairs to the house was a real challenge. This year, we decided to go the condo route. What a good decision! The apartment we shared at Mar Vista was ideal. It (#912) was spacious, recently renovated and decorated, and very comfortable. Shared spaces gave us the opportunity to spend time together in congenial settings, while the bedrooms offered privacy, quiet, and good mattresses, a real change from some of those pseudo-frat house beach houses. The balcony offered views of the beach and Myrtle Beach, including its famous ferris wheel and at night, in bed, I could hear the ocean. We had the option of swimming in the ocean or choosing Mar Vista's indoor and outdoor pools. The staff and other guests were uniformly helpful and pleasant. We'll be going back again next fall and, in the meantime, I recommend it without reservation.

Room Tip: I didn't actually visit any of the other apartments in the building, so I can't speak to the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank vagabondtarheel
We are very pleased that you chose the Mar Vista Grande when you decided to rent a condo this year. It is great that you found the condo beautifully decorated, spacious, and with a great view. We are also pleased that you had positive transactions with our staff. Thank you for recommending us and we will see you next fall.
Proctorville, Ohio
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I was amazed when we opened the door to our unit. It was absolutley gorgeous, everything in the unit was high end and it was very well kept. Our condo was spacious and we loved that it had soft carpet more like what would be in a home, instead of the mildew smelling thin carpet that is normally in myrtle beach condos. The bathroom was magnificent with a huge stand up glass shower and a whirlpool tub. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The girl who brought our towels everyday was so sweet and pleasant, and the staff always addressed us by sir or mam, which was very refreshing to be around such well mannered people :) The ocean view was floor to ceiling and was breathtaking! At Mar Vista, you can see all the way down the coast line, left, right, and center, we were vety pleased. And you dont have to worry about noisy neighbors, once inside the condo we could not hear any outside noise, in fact on one night of our stay there was a severe thunderstorm that we slept right through because we heard nothing!There are several indoor pools and a huge hot tub to utilize on chilly days that are heated. It was a little chiily outside during our stay so these pools were great for my kids! Outside there is another huge jacuzzi, a large pool with a sundeck, and a lazy river. My family and I have stayed at most of the four diamond resorts in N Myrtle, as we vacation there about 5 times a year, and this one far outshines the rest. We will definitley be back!!! Thank you for such an amazing stay!! Did I mention the condo was so clean you could eat off the floors? AMAZING! LOVE IT!!

8 Thank s300654536
We are so delighted that you took the time to share details of your amazing stay at the Mar vista Grande Resort. We are pleased you found the staff courteous, the condo spacious and clean, and the view breathtaking. It sounds like you took full advantage of our amenities as well. You are so welcome and we want to thank you for choosing us-- we invite you back for another amazing stay at our four diamond accomodations!
Caledonia, New York
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We have stayed at Mar Vista for the past 4 years after staying at Crescent Shores and Crescet Keyes. We changed to Mar Vista for the location near Main St and the pools. Nothing here has changed. Still a nice walk to main street. The pools are great, heated in late March and early April and a lot of fun for the kids. Like the wind shield set up around the exposed indoor pool to keep it real warm for smaller kids.

The changes I don't like are about choosing a room. Now it is more like a hotel. You pick a type of room and then they assign you to one. Not all the rooms are the same like in a hotel. We were in 501 and they had a 22 inch TV in the main room, a 19 inch in the main bedroom, a relic in bedroom #2 and then in the rooms 3 and 4 they had computer monitor size tv's mounted to the wall. Why would I complain about TV's on a beach vacation? I am a parent and we bring the kids. They are too young to leave and we don't have a sitter there so at night the adults like to watch sports in the main room or sit on the balcony and enjoy the ocean while kids head to bead and watch a movie. This year the NCAA basketball tournament was on during our stay and sometimes Masters Golf is on. Vacations are different for all people I don't watch a lot at home during work but I do like sports and don't like having to share the TV. Only the main room had a DVD player. In past years I would have been able to choose my room to avoid this. My sister has young twins. They are messy as younger kids are. We have looked for a unit with tile or wood flooring in the main living area in addition to avoiding glass coffee and end tables for them. Not able to do that. The cost. Instead of a set weekly rate it vaties based on when you book and demand so if it takes a week or two to make the decision as you research places the rate for Mar Vista may have changed. I actually was billed two different rates. I did not closely check the second email I got which contained a higher rate, I figured they were just sending check in information. Since I did not have my email and I was there to enjoy vacation I did not argue the rate change but when I got home and looked up the emails I did contact them and we were able to fix the rate. Thank you Mar Vista billing. Would all of this stop me from staying at Mar Vista? Yes and No. I will if I can book through VRBO or one of the rental agencies for sure. I can say that we did take a day and drive up and down Ocean Blvd and check out some of the other properties which I had not done before and if I have to go through the "hotel lottery" system I will seriously check out other properties.

2 Thank baidog
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize for the small televisions in your condo, and we are currently working on upgrading some of the units as we speak. We are also sorry for the confusion surrounding your reservation rates and billing--we had some problems with our booking system which have since been corrected. We do hope you will give us another chance to give you the grand experience you deserve.
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 22 March 2013

My family and I stayed in Penthouse 1514 and we loved it. It was our home away from home. We didn’t have to worry about anything because all the comforts of home were right there, i.e., full kitchen, which was well equipped, televisions in every room, wireless internet and much more. The owner’s decorated the condo beautifully, very modern and also very clean. The owner’s also gave us a beautiful gift basket, which was very thoughtful. The view from the balcony was awesome; you can see the beach for miles. The property also has some great amenities with indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub, exercise/weight room and easy access to the beach. On our next trip, we are definitely coming back to Myrtle Beach and staying in Penthouse 1514.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Jeannette B
Thanks so much for letting us know you found your home away from home here at the Mar Vista Grand. It is awesome that you have to worry about anything during your stay and that the condo, view from the condo, and amenities were all to your liking. Please do come back to the Mar Vista Grande soon--we would love to have you as our guest again!