“Wonderful stay”

Mar Vista Grande
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have been staying at Myrtle Beach for years, Mar Vista Grande is by far my favorite place so far. We stayed in the penthouse Room 1411 and it was great. Plenty of space for everyone to spread out with 3 bedrooms and 3 baths, all with upgraded higher-end finishes. The balcony is very large; it had a lounge chair and a table with 6 chairs. The parking garage is not crowded at all and very convenient to the 4 elevators. There are different amenity coupons that come with the room, free game of golf daily, Grand Prix tickets, and a few other options. There is a DVD box in the lobby with free rentals. My 7-year-old loved the kids' activities, which included a magician, clown, and several crafts he could choose from.
We received an abundance of towels daily and our trash was taken. I do recommend you place your dirty towels and trash cans on the floor near the front door, as the housekeepers don't go room to room in the condo. If you are expecting hotel maid service this place is not for you. Not an issue for us as I really don't like strange people traipsing around with all my belongings when I'm not there.
Overall this was a great stay and we will definitely go back to Mar Vista Grande.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Christirnmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Monroe, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Great place for the family vacation. Nicely located to any MB attractions you may want to visit. Right by the bypass so you can get about anywhere without the dreaded Hwy 17 traffic. Outside and inside pool, 2 hot tubs and a small lazy river. Great beach access. Plenty of room. Fitness center is just ok, but for most it will be fine. I am used to a state of the art fitness center. But how many people workout on vacation anyway. Honestly I did it to not feel terribly guilty about eating everything in sight while here.

Amazing thing about this place is that for a high-rise condo it doesn't seem overly crowded. Plenty of parking and plenty of room around the pool. 4 elevators so you're not waiting endlessly for a ride up not down. 4 level parking garage with plenty of parking. Very convenient!!

The actual accommodations are outstanding. We stayed at a friend's condo. It is a 3-bedroom. Spacious and wonderful.

My third stay here and it was wonderful!!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Matthew S
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was my third visit to the property. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. the front desk staff were courteous and helpful. I appreciated the call after checking in to make sure everything was in working order. This end of Myrtle Beach was desirable. The location is near restaurants and convenient to shopping at Barefoot Landing and Tanger Outlet Mall. I like the three bedroom property with three full baths. This was convenient for all in my party. The cost was a little high, although most properties of this type are pricey.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 August 2014

First time renting from Mar Vista Grande, upon arriving the staff was very personable and my condo was upgraded from a three bedroom to a four bedroom. The condo was nicely furnished and clean. I will definitely be returning , our ocean view was awesome!
M.Barker-Tennessee

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank michelle b
Sikeston, Missouri
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed 7-29 thru 8-3-2014. This was my family's 5th year in a row to stay at this property. I guess last year should have been my clue to not return, carpets and furnishings in last years unit were stained and tired, I guess I was assuming that these items would be replaced during the offseason as needed. My mistake was assuming anything.
This year we arrived at our unit after normal check in hours which is 10:00p.m. when we arrived at our unit, 1212, we were greeted with grime and dirt on the floor of the entryway. We cleaned this up ourselves as it was so late and front desk was already closed although that was one of the last things we felt like doing following a 15 hour drive to get there.
The next morning went down to the front desk to complete check in and complained about soiled floor in room, throughout the duration of our stay no one ever tried to contact us about the issue nor was anyone ever sent to clean the room.
The carpets in this particular unit are VERY stained and soiled. The walls are also incredibly marked up and soiled. In the master bath right around the toilet paper holder, are multiple smears and smudges of substances I dare not think about where they came from. There is no way our balcony area was cleaned before our arrival, we found sunflower seed shells, a smeary, gross table, and even nail clippings!!!
The handle on the toilet in my sons room would fall off and dangle if you didn't hold it just right. The first time I went to load dishes into the dishwasher I was greeted with dishes from the previous guest. I absolutely do not want to wash and put away someone else's dishes while on vacation!
In riding the elevators of this property, you are often on board with staff members who wear walkie talkie type radios. ( I don't know why there's not a service elevator) The conversations overheard on these radios are eye openers. "Does someone have a set of king sheets lying around? I need to turn this room over." Lying around? I would think that turning rooms would be done a little more professionally that trying to find a sheet set lying around. I also heard multiple conversations concerning not doing any work. It shows in this property!!
This place advertises as a luxury resort. It used to be just that however, I don't think any upgrades/updates have been done in a number of years. I can overlook worn carpets and furnishings however I cannot overlook a lack of cleanliness, so I will spend my money somewhere else next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Molly R
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at Mar Vista for the 3rd time in the last 5 years. Previously, we did rent from private owners but went thru the rental office this time. Our condo was excellent and we were pleasantly surprised to receive a 3 bedroom in place of a 2 bedroom when we arrived and the extra space was added comfort. The extra special touches was the housekeeping services each day with very friendly, courteous staff. The only negative was with one of the front desk employees. Was not friendly, courteous and basically gave the impression you were bothering her with questions. Very dissappointing.
Pools needed to be cleaned better and possibly repaired.
Upon arrival, it was difficult to get equipment to take all supplies, etc. to condo and the wait for the elevators was very fustrating.
One final point - if you are paying for a full day of rental, then the time of 4:00 pm needs to be earlier even at 3:00 such as hotels do. And when we did arrive after 4:00, our room was not ready. No excused other than not enough staff which was somewhat conveyed to us in the elevator by a staff member.
Simple solutions to these problems would provide EXCELLENT reviews!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
lancaster
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Save your $ go somewhere else! Had a 3 bdrm,3 bath, ocean front condo. Room 911. Smelled like smoke, carpets all visibly dirty & stained everywhere. deck cushions stained,burned.Table & chairs damaged. Elevators broke frequently.pool overcrowded.

Room Tip: Not nice -3bdrm suite #911, the view- fantastic, room no so much. Dirty bedroom, kitchen, dining ro...