“A great place to eat and drink!”

Flynn's Irish Tavern
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located on Main Street in the Ocean Drive section of North Myrtle Beach, Flynn’s Irish Tavern is a locals favorite and a must stop for annual and first time visitors to the Grand Strand. Just a short walk from the wide sandy beaches and first class accommodations of Ocean Drive, and a short ride from the many championship golf courses that populate the north strand. Flynn’s is a perfect place to enjoy a pint or two after a day on the beach or the golf links.Flynn’s is owned and operated by the Flynn Family and the authentic look and old country feel of the establishment comes from Marty’s place of birth, County Roscommon, Ireland. The tavern is housed in the former North Myrtle Beach jail, in fact, the jail cells are still here and tours are given upon request.
Reviewed 1 January 2009

We have been to Flynn's a few times since we have found this great little pub. The food is always wonderful and the staff couldn't be nicer. The large portions of food is enough to feed two people and its a steal for the price. I would recommend stopping by if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed 16 May 2008

We ordered our dinner for pick-up so I can not rate cleanliness, atmosphere, etc...
The BBQ salmon was delicious- Nice serving size, well-cooked and good flavor.
The Fish & Chips were really pretty- golden brown and fluffy.
Big chunks of cod- not too battered, just in spots.
Potato soup is rich and creamy-
We will return!

1  Thank ColoradoTourists
Reviewed 17 March 2008

OK, so I would guess St Patty's would hold the luck of the Irish, but I've been to Flynn's on another night and all I can say as a local is, dagnabit, I am sure I have missed some wonderful times at this emerald (irish gem) of a bar. I can't figure out why I have not been there more often. Just stupid I guess. Anyway, just got home on St. Patrick's day, and I have to say the corned beef is unbelievable. The staff is gracious and the vibe in the crowd is sprinkled with lucky stars. Just a great place to drink, eat, and be with my beautiful Colleen. Thanks Flynn's! I hope the rainbow leads you to the gold this summer season!!

1  Thank Chazmania
Reviewed 7 February 2008

Visited Flynn's for SPD 2007 with a large group of friends. The location is convenient to the street fair that is held on the Saturday closest to SPD. Flynn's had couple of beerstands set up outside for people in the crowd to walk up and quench their thirst with a pint of the black stuff or another flavor of your choosing. Inside the atmosphere was good; a divided seated area for those wishing to sit and dine on trad pub food and another bar area for those wishing to mingle and drink. There was also some live entertainment during the day. Overall the mood was festive. My only dissappoinment was that the pub closed around midnight...which may not have ben a bad idea after all. Overall would love to return. Cheers!

1  Thank RockyTheDog
Reviewed 20 August 2007

This is a great Irish Tavern, family owned by Marty and Jane Flynn, my wife and I met both of them, the nicest people, super food , great service, I reccommend the Shepards' pie $8.95, the fish and chips $8.95, on monday 8/13 had their all you can eat roast beef dinner, just $9.95, with great green beans and the best garlic mashed potatoes you ever tasted(we went there twice and plan on returning there twice in June of 2008). Yankees fans are really appreciated here. The owners are originally from NYC/NJ area. We also have an irish pub room at home and Jane gave us 2 of Flynn's Irsh pub glasses to decorate our room, and Marty gave us Irish St patrick Day souveniers for 3/17/08! Smithwicks at a bargain price too!

If you don't go here, you've missed a very enjoyable experience!

3  Thank TomSheedy