“Sea pointe 605”
Review of Sea Pointe Condos

Sea Pointe Condos
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Disappointed after driving 13 hours. Smaller than it looks in photos. Needs updating in kitchen, peeling wallpaper and discolored ceilings need to be fixed. Sliding glass doors are very old and you look through stains between the glass that cannot be cleaned. Looks like bathroom has been redone, however, with second hand vanity and tub. Not awful. Bedroom was comfortable but bright at night from spotlight in outside parking area. Need room darkening drapes. Agree with previous review, needs a little nicer balcony furniture. View was great and no noise issues even though condo is close to elevators.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank dc1228

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was a bit nervous after reading the reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised! It seems they're independently owned condos, so I guess it depends which one you get. 605 was adorable, the living room was nicely decorated, it was clean (even the floor grout!) and it looks like the bathroom was very recently re-done. The kitchen appliances were dated, but as I didn't go on vacation to cook, it didn't bother me. The location was cool; Sea Pointe really is located on a point, so just a bit north (walking distance, even carrying a 1 year old) there's a wide, natural area where there isn't any development. It was great to take pictures, since there weren't any buildings in the background, and our daughter loved playing in the calmer water where the creek (canal?) meets the ocean. My only complaint is that I wish the patio furniture was nicer--the view was incredible and, with a toddler, we spent a lot of time on the patio instead of the beach. Overall, we'll be staying again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank ScribbleratRest
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My family booked a week vacation through Global. We had a 2brm 2 bathroom unit for 2 adults and 2 small children. The condos are owned and maintained by separate companies and we noticed some were for sale. The building has a parking garage, but it is a little tight. We still handled a family can inside with no problem.

Our unit, 210, was very nice and clean. We had a corner balcony looking over the ocean, but being on the side of the building, neighboring balconies from the next door building were in sight. The balcony was very large and had a dining table and lounging chairs.

The location on the beach is lovely. It is within walking distance of a beautiful little inlet. Morning walks to the inlet are fantastic and our kids loved finding little hermit crabs in the tide pools.

The pool and hot tub are small, but similar in size to many other lodging choices in the area. The beach is so close. It is great to walk straight out to the ocean, but be able to quickly return to your room if needed.

The kitchen was nice and well stocked. We purchased groceries and local seafood and cooked many meals.

There is no wi-fi at the location, but with 3 TVs set up with blueray and DVD players, it was easy to settle the kids down into a movie when we had free time at night.

I was nervous about our stay initially because of some negative reviews, but we had a lovely time. We would book here again.

Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Caliah1
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We usually don't rent a unit that does not have a review, but the pictures made it look nice. We rented thru CondoLux and the people we dealt with there were very pleasant. The map had the condo in the wrong location but the person that checked us in noticed that and drew the correct location on the map. The entire unit smelled really bad! We opened the balcony door and we went out and got air fresheners for all the rooms and sprayed everything down with Febreeze. The unit could have been cleaner. The condo was small. You would not want to try to fit more than two people in there. There was no way to open and close the blinds in the bedroom and the blinds did not block out the outside lights. We had to hang blankets over the window. The heater is in the bedroom closet so that was rather noisy at night. The bed was in very bad shape. All of the flooring needs replaced. There was not adequate hot water for the shower. Ran out of hot water when taking a 5 minute shower using lukewarm water. They did supply a nice number of towels and washcloths. The kitchen appliances were very nice. The balcony was spacious with decent furniture. It was nice to have a washer and dryer in the unit even though they were small. The pool and hot tub are small and didn't look very clean so we didn't use them. We liked that it had an attached parking garage and it was in a nice quiet location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank S-T4438
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Rented this place through Century 21 Thomas. They were great, from check in (I called about 15 minutes before check in time to see if rental was ready - I'm sure they get hundreds of calls like this all of the time but the man was so cheerful!) Speedy check in. Anything we asked the rental company for was cheerfully done and quickly.

The condo itself was older, and there were a few broken things which we reported immediately and they came to fix them. The patio was also left very dirty with food laid out on the balcony ledge, sticky liquid spilled, ants, etc. My husband reported it while I was at the beach; I would have cleaned it but he didn't want me to have to do it. Anyway, two people came within 15 minutes on a Saturday night and spent 1/2 hour cleaning it up to perfection. (I personally think cleaning companies are paid to move fast and it'd be much better for everyone if every tenant who made a gross mess in someone else's home just cleaned it up themselves afterwards, but I digress.)

I wiped everything down with disinfectant when we got there just to make myself feel better; some of the light switches, etc. were dirty and overall, it wasn't as clean as I keep my home, but it's a vacation rental. However, condo was in decent shape overall and the oceanfront view made us love it! Pool was clean and it had a hot tub downstairs also.

Definitely would return - this rental company has earned my business. It was a great vacation!

Room Tip: Liked our corner condo 709.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank airport_brat
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My family and rarely take a vacation ,but we went this year on June 22-29th 2013 . It was the worst
Room or condo we have ever stayed in . First it was so nasty we had to clean it first thing , their was mold in the bathtub, on the air vents in about every room, dryer got the countertop so hot it would burn your hand ,it a wonder it did not burn the place down , I call to report it and the smart mouth lady that answered the phone said it was not a big issue , I told her it was going to catch on fire she said would not so I hung up and called again during this time laps the kitchen sink stopped up told the second lady of all the problems and we wanted to move to another room she said they did not do that and she would call a plumber she did so we had to spend one of our nights watching him unstop the sink it took him about 2 hours (this is not a person you want to leave my himself with all your valuables . The next day we had to watch the service guy fix the dryer (he was a nice guy and apoligised for the lady that said it was not a big issue ). Room also had. Mold and cobwebs on the ceiling , sliding glass dot would not lock , stove worked half way , all in out we would have been better staying in a tent on the beach or under the pier .

I WOULD NEVER RENT ANYTHING FROM ELLIOTT REALTY AGAIN
ALL THE WONT IS YOUR MONEY , NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL

Room Tip: If all rooms were like the one we stayed in go somewhere else we stayed in room 904
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Perry H
ElliottRealty, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Pointe Condos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

We are very sorry to hear of these concerns by one of our guests. We take all guest reports of dissatisfaction and appliance malfunctions very seriously. Even the best equipment and appliances occasionally malfunction. We cannot guarantee them to perform 100% of the time. However, we do guarantee to correct the problem as soon as possible. All of our service technicians are licensed and bonded, we have never had a problem with theft. As such, we do not require our guest to take time out of their vacations to supervise a service call. Elliott Beach Rentals has served the North Myrtle Beach community and the beach’s visitors since 1959. Our company strongly believes in providing unparalleled customer service, we are sorry that in this instance we did not live up to that standard.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

My family and I just got back from our vacation and I would have to say I would never stay at Sea Pointe again. This was my first trip to Myrtle my children and I usually go to Jersey or Ocean City. So we decided to come with my boyfriend and his parents. We chose sea pointe because of the description online. However, this was a mistake. The room was dirty actually nasty and the door wouldn't open to the patio but that was only the beggining. By the time we left we did not want to touch anything in the condo affraid it would break. The condo was not updated at all and we kept getting the run around when we talked to staff about our problems. The staff was not friendly nor helpful. So needless to say although I love the area and like Myrtle Beach and the grand strand we should have chose our condo wisely. Worse part we were not offered another condo or anything and only one of our issues was resolved. If you have never stayed here before think twice.

Room Tip: Do not choose Sea Pointe a lot of complaints by other visitors as well.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family