“seaside resort myrtle beach sc”
Review of Seaside

Seaside
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Dayton, Ohio, United States
“seaside resort myrtle beach sc”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

the condo we had was on the 10th floor ocean front, it was a 2 bedroom with 2 queen beds in ea, 2 bathrooms 1 with jacuzzi tub, kitchenette, front room and tvs in all rooms This was a very nice place to stay the rooms and facility is very nice, has a pool outside, lazy river and pool inside. For the price which was very resonable was well worth it and i would recommend and stay there again myself.. No complaints

1 Thank Kathy S
JimEg, Manager at Seaside, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Seaside and for your positive comments. We are grateful you took the time to write about your stay and that you recommend to other Guests to stay at Seaside. We do hope this becomes your home away form home.

See you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I am writing this review from my balcony, listening to the sound of the waves, looking at the beach, while the rest of the family is napping from a great day at the beach and pools. We got exactly what we came here for: nice relaxing family time, very clean rooms, spacious 2 bedrooms apt that give plenty of rooms for everybody to spread around, lots of families so even if my boys are sometimes noisy and active it is ok, clean pools, the boys love to go from the lazy river to the hot tub, to the outside pool, then the beach... No arcades/ snack bar to spend their money on which is great, and every employee I spoke to was extremely pleasant and helpful. The only downsides i see are uncomfortable couch in living room ( does not bother me sitting on the balcony!) and I would like nicer towels in the very nice bathrooms. I would definitely recommend this place to any family looking for a nice time in myrtle beach.

1 Thank Josee L
JimEg, Manager at Seaside, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
We are very appreciative of your efforts to let us know our staff has done its job well. We do appreciate criticism but it is especially appreciated when someone stops to say we did our job. We are looking at new sofas and some of our owners have opted to upgrade this year so hopefully next year you can get a unit with some upgrades. We are also replacing all the hallway carpet and painting the entire property for a new feel. Our staff truly appreciates their job we are fortunate to be able to meet so many wonderful guests as we work here. Seaside has such a great B & B feel with a real relaxed atmosphere so we are grateful you were able to relax, even with boys around, come back and see us soon.
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My family and I just got back from vacationing here. We had a great time, everyone was so nice. The rooms were great! The pool area was nice and clean. Only thing I would have liked was more tables with umbrellas. Rooms were clean and maid service did a great job! We even had dish towel animals made! The one downfall is the elevators. There is only one set and there is no AC in them. Otherwise love it here and will be back.

1 Thank Epcotluva
JimEg, Manager at Seaside, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We are especially pleased that you noticed our staff’s efforts as they do work hard. The housekeeping staff in particular do take great pride in keeping the rooms fresh and as clean as possible for our guests to enjoy. We too agree about the elevator but with the elevators opening into the parking area they could not have been enclosed but we will look into adding fans as this is needed at least.
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Let me start by saying when I walked in the door the person at the front counter looked at me and walked into the back room, not as much as a hello. I assumed she was busy since there were already two separate groups of people who seemed to be having issues with their rooms waiting for her in the lobby. I had previously contacted the hotel and told them that I would be arriving late and when it was my turn the woman at the counter said she was able to see that in the computer because there were ample notes placed under my reservation number. I arrived after 9pm with my two children (6&4 years old) and was told that my room was given away and there was nothing she could do for me tonight. Just randomly I decided to ask if there were any rooms at all available at the hotel since it was so late at night and didn’t want to drive the four hours back home with two sleepy and disappointed children; her answer is the reason I will never return to this establishment. She said yes we have rooms but they are three bedrooms and we have only charged you for a two bedroom. I was flabbergasted. She honestly did not take any responsibility, nor did she care, she did however let me know that she had no authority to do anything for me and that she was just the middle man (not sure what good that was supposed to do). I received a call the next morning from the day Manager Marvis letting me know that despite me calling and being told by the carol the day before that my arrival time would be fine- My credit card was charged for the night’s stay despite not actually staying at the hotel . No apologies; not even a thank you. I did notice a few other things. In order to check in you have to come through the parking deck, it is very small and only has one lane, if you are not able to use mirrors to see around corners you have to park across the street and walk through the parking lot to get to the “lobby” which really is a little office enough to hold about 8 people. I would not recommend staying at this hotel at Please check it out before you book. Thanks for reading & happy travels!

1 Thank Tricia A
JimEg, Manager at Seaside, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
While we certainly appreciate the frustration I thought it prudent to provide another perspective. We received a call that this reservation may be turned over to another person, this was written in the log on the 21st by Carol, no other calls are logged after that time but then we did not get a call back with any direction. We did call and left a message to verify if you were staying but we did not get a response. Upon your arrival we did have rooms but apparently you had some concerns with the cost and you decided on other arrangements whish is your discretion to do so.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We just returned from Myrtle beach....our stay at the seaside was pleasant.The rooms are cleaan and well maintained...the view from the room was spectacular....the matresss was uncomfortable..... the elevators need A/C, it was stifling.......the staff was friendly and available for any concerns....the location is good,,,beach quiet and very family friendly.....access to the beach is a bit of work , walking through the pool area with chairs and a coller is challenging but ok.....yes the pool was not working because a guest's child had pulled out one of the lights from the pool and then dropped it, we were there at the time it happened...the staff immediately closed the pool for safety reasons and was reopened a few days later.....but who wants a POOL when you have the ocean?????
We would definitely return to the Seaside.....

1 Thank stella p
JimEg, Manager at Seaside, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Seaside and for your understanding comments. Some issues we have no control over but we do work hard to resolve them. I am particularly pleased that you noticed our staff’s efforts as they do work hard and we do take great pride in keeping the rooms in the best shape for our guests. This part of the beach is so relaxing and we are grateful you noticed and had a wonderful time as our guest. We look forward to your making this your families Vacation Home.
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Overall, the value was good and the staff was friendly, but the property needs refurbishment and the parking is not easy. The parking garage is very difficult to maneuver and the parking spaces are very narrow for larger vehicles. They do have an overflow lot across the street. The view is great right on the beach. A lot of families staying at the property.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
JimEg, Manager at Seaside, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
We are very appreciative of your efforts to let us know our staff has done its job well. We do appreciate criticism and understand your concerns with the parking and the condition of the rooms. While we cannot change the parking we are looking at replacing all the public area carpets and the Condo owners are starting to replace furniture and carpet to upgrade their units so please ask about an upgraded unit next year when you return.

We do hope you do and are able to see the improvements!
birmingham
Reviewed 19 August 2013

A very nice Spot especially Ocean Front Suites. The Property was nice and clean well kept. Kitchen nice, Maid service great. Grounds well kept. There was something for the kids to do in the inside pools. Location is beautiful for walking without worry.

Room Tip: Higher floors viewing the Ocean are quiet NICE