“I love this place....already called about July 2015!”
Review of Beach Cove Resort

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is my 3rd time renting a condo at BC. The condo was beautiful and I've already called about renting the same one next year.

The rest of the resort was clean and maintained. I love that the pools are open until 11 pm and now security removes items from lounge chairs if left there too long which was a big problem in past years. Some days there is live music or a DJ but on the other days the hotel should have someone whip up an ipod playlist rather than play the radio because no one wants to hear obnoxious radio DJs or car commercials while they lay by the pool or sit on their balcony.

A few complaints: Javatini's closes too early, the restaurant and luaus aren't advertised enough and something has to be done about young kids in the pools and hot tubs alone.

My favorite nighttime activity at BC is sitting on the balcony watching people light off fireworks.

Room Tip: 5th floor and up...the higher the better. Better views and less pool noise at higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Explorer926
BCGManager, Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

I'm glad to hear you had another great time at Beach Cove, and I'm very excited to hear that you are ready for next year. We thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated and does not go unnoticed. We can't wait to see you next year!

Beach Cove Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is outdated, overrun with people during the peak times, and has cleanliness issues (as pertained to our rooms...we had to change rooms during our stay), and does not enforce its "no smoking" policy. Had we not been with a small group, we would have asked for a refund and found a different hotel, but our teenagers wanted to stay together. The cigarette smoke smell in our second "non smoking" room was awful for the entire week. In addition, folks were smoking in the hallways and on balconies (brought to the attention of the Front Desk, but nothing changed), which really ruins enjoying the ocean view. I had to have clothes that were hanging in the closet, and unworn, cleaned due to absorbing the smell. I did not take the majority of my clothes out of my suitcase the entire time due to this issue. The second room we had was more updated, but unfortunately ruined by the smell. This room also had a moisture problem with a leaky ceiling in the bedroom, and too much mositure on the bathroom floor from condensation.
The rooms are dingy and could be a lot cleaner. This can be said for the overall hotel. The linens were yellowish, and the beds old. We even received a scam phone call on the room phone identifying himself as a "guest services agent" who needed our credit card information to re-run our bill. it was pretty convincing, but we do not give out that kind of info on the phone, so we stopped by the front desk to pursue, and got confirmation that it was a scam. For these, and other issues, we will not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel, ask for an updated room. Each room is an individually owned condo, and n...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Beth S
BCGManager, General Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

I want to apologize that we did not meet your standards during your stay here at Beach Cove. I would like the opportunity to speak with you personally in regards to your stay here. If you would please give me a call at (843) 918-9000.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Just left beach cove today. When we got to our room on Saturday July 5th we put our luggage in the hallway and left. When we got back that night around 11pm. We noticed the room was not clean. There was sand in the fridge, on the floor and even in our beds. The room just wasn't clean. There was only one set of towels, large hole in the shower curtain, towel bar broken off, handle on sliding glass door barely hanging on, the carafe on the coffee pot broken, couch full of sand and broken.

After notifying housekeeping the next day they changed our bed sheets and put up a new shower curtain. Saw a maintenance personnel in the elevator and informed him of the towel bar and door handle. The gentleman fixed it that same day. My husband and I enjoyed our stay for our 1 year Anniversry but our room was not at all satisfactory. If we come back next year I hope the rooms are updated including the uncomfortable beds.

B&K
Renick, WV

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank BnK H

I want apologize that we failed to meet your standards,and provide you with a quality vacation experience. We are in the proccess of updating our rooms, so if you would return we hope that you would be able to experience our new improvements. However, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further. If you would please give me a call at (843) 918-9000.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My Family and I stayed here again for another great time. The corner room provides lots of privacy and a view that is most enjoyable. The side window allows an extra ocean view and the early morning set up of the banana boats. The heated pools are the best feature for me since I love to swim in the pool and teach my grans how to swim and float. Can't wait until next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa W

Congratulations on the graduation. We are excited to hear that you had such a pleasant stay here at Beach Cove. We love the heated pools as well, its so relaxing. We hope to see you and the grans again next year.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel many, many times throughout the years, but sadly, I think the last time will have to be our last. It's in a great location... North Myrtle Beach is much more laid-back and more family friendly than Myrtle Beach. There aren't nearly as many people, and overall, it's just simply prettier. I've stayed in just about every type of room the Beach Cove offers. I love the fact that the living room is completely private from the bedrooms and bathroom. They really know how to throw celebrations too. We've stayed here on the weekend of the 4th several times. They always put out huge speakers as tall as me during the day and hired a DJ to play great songs and take requests. The pools are great. BUT the rooms are now in serious need of being renovated. If they completely redo the rooms and put in all new beds, baths, flooring, and couches, I'll think about returning. There's no way I'd visit this hotel during peak season and pay premium prices. It might be worth it, as is, to visit during the off season when rates are very low, otherwise, you'll be sorely disappointed to pay $300+ per night for such outdated rooms. Just a tip... We drive a large truck. It wouldn't fit in the parking deck!!! I called ahead to ensure we'd be able to park. They told me we'd fit fine. Not even close! The truck would only fit on the entry level, and it was a TIGHT squeeze there! Seriously, there were about two inches of clearance above the truck! There were notices posted that it gets even smaller on the next level, so we had to ride around for hours until one of the few spots on the entry level opened. The hotel also told me they had uncovered parking. Yes, they did... About four or five spaces on an area of dirt about a third of a mile uphill hike from the lobby. If you come, make sure you come in a mid to small sized vehicle!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank BeachBlonde09

We are in the process of updating all of our rooms and whats in store will be great. We hope that you will chose to return once more to see all of our wonderful improvements. As I far as the parking goes, I apologize that you had such a hard time parking your vehicle. Most guests don't have any trouble parking, so I'm sorry hear that we failed you in that aspect. Again I say we hope to see you return to Beach Cove.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We just returned from a 5 night stay at Beach Cove. We stayed in C Tower in a beautiful 2 bedroom condo. I know a lot of reviews state that they are outdated but ours wasn't at all. The appliances in the kitchen were new and the counter tops were granite. It was incredibly clean and well kept. The master bedroom had a private bath and the bed was so comfortable that it could have been my vacation!

We stayed on the 3rd floor so it was a bit noisy from the lazy river/pool area on the balcony and I'd like to have been higher but it wasn't an actual problem. The view made up for the noise. :)

We came for the week of 4th of July so I knew it would be busy but even with the huge amount of people the staff was extremely polite and helpful. I only had towel service to our room for our stay, but the housekeeper still took time out to speak with us and make us feel welcome. She also took the time to double check to make sure we were set. Very accommodating.

All of the pools and the lazy river were pretty packed but the kids found room to enjoy themselves while my husband and I enjoyed the Tiki Bar. Even as crowed as it was, we were always able to find a seat.Mark, the bartender, was a super cool guy with some serious multitasking skills. I didn't even mind 'paying' to hang out with him! :) (Mark is seriously one of your best assets Beach Cove! Don't let him get away!)

The arcade was fun for the kids at night before we went back to the room and during our one day of rain from the Tropical Storm that came with Hurricane Arthur. It was great that we didn't have to drive in the wind and downpour to keep everyone entertained. We didn't try the food there but I liked the idea of the option. We also didn't try the Tradewinds restaurant, so I have no idea about that to say anything.

Beach access was very close to the pool area and the beach was very clean and so beautiful. It was easy to get back and forth between the room, the pool area and the beach.

As far as location, it was great. We were right across the highway from Barefoot Landing and just a few miles from Broadway at the Beach. There was a convenience store just at the end of the road and a grocery store not far from that so we didn't spend a ton of time in traffic. There was also a breeze way from the parking garage to our floor so that made going out even easier.

All in all, I'd really say this was our best vacation yet. I really don't have any complaints. Everything went smoothly and Beach Cove played a really big part in that. I couldn't be happier.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be more quiet on the balcony I believe.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank OhScarlett

It excites me to hear that you had such a wonderful vacation experience. I don't believe I could sum up our resort better myself. You really do seem to have enjoyed yourself. Trust me, we are not letting Mark get away he's a wonderful asset. So Mark and the rest of the Beach Cove family will be awaiting your return for another great vacation!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The elevator was terrible because only one was working. Several times we had to wait 20 mins to get on it...so frustrated!
I had requested to be in Tower A when I booked the room and under the 4th floor...when I arrived they put me in Tower B on the 8th floor...if I hadnt complained, thats where I would of had to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank CCCretin

We have some of the best views of the beach here at Beach Cove. I do apologize about the elevators, with such high volume it begins to take a toll on the elevators. However, we are glad that you were able to be moved to the A tower. We try our best to accomodate every guest to ensure they have the best vacation experience ever. We look forward to seeing you again at Beach Cove!