Message from TripAdvisor:

“Very disappointed!”
Review of Beach Cove Resort

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This place used to be great but it is in desperate need of updating, I got stuck in the elevators twice, the furniture in the rooms is in bad shape. It's really sad because it was once a great place to stay, be warned...it's gone down hill fast! I won't be back unless it's updated and new elevators installed!

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Jason G
BCGManager, Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I want to apologize that we did not meet your standards during your stay here at Beach Cove. We are in the process of upgrading our units and our property. We want you to please give us another chance to show you that we can give you a great vacation experience. If you decide to stay with us again, please contact me directly at (843) 918-9000.

There are newer reviews for Beach Cove Resort

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is our third year staying at the Beach Cove Resort. The first year the rooms were so so, the second year we received an updated room and it was beautiful. This year, we had an updated room, however the outside of the resort is becoming run down. We were very disappointed in the upkeep of the grounds and the housekeeping. We did have our Do Not Disturb tag on our room a few days, however when they did come in to clean, we only got clean towels and the beds made. We do have children...with tiny hands, so they do touch the glass on the doors to the balcony, and they were not cleaned once, therefore if you were sitting inside, you were not able to see outside. There were medicine tabs under the dust ruffle of the bed, therefore I know it was not cleaned properly after the prior guests. When I did mention all my concerns to the front desk staff at checkout, I simply got "I will pass your message along"....not, let me get you my manager in which would have been the proper way to handle the situation. On the good side of this resort, there are plenty of pools, and the lazy river. If you are there in the busy season, get to the pool early in order to get a chair, otherwise there will not be one to be found. I have very mixed feelings if I will return, I know some stuff may be fixed in the off season, like the tiles coming off in the lazy river...but the mold around it...that does not come overnight and would be an easy fix when they are cleaning the pools...I am sure there will be a response written by the manager that they are sorry for the issues...however...that does not solve the problems...they need to be proved...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank 88Golfer

I want to apologize that we did not meet your standards during your stay here at Beach Cove. We are a property of action and we want to prove our to our guests that we are committed to providing them with the best vacation experience ever. I would like the opportunity to speak with you personally in regards to your stay here. Your feedback would be very beneficial. If you would please give me a call at (843) 918-9000.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We visited Beach Cove in late June and we got our favorite 2BR unit, unit 1005. Here is a tip, if you are going to rent a 2BR ask for an end unit. It will have a room number that ends in 05. These units are larger than the other 2BR units. The 2 & 3 BR units at Beach Cove are directly facing the beach. You literally walk right off the property and the beach is right there. They also light the beach at night so that you can sit on your balcony and watch the waves roll in or you can spend it on the beach.

There are 3 pools, 2 hot tubs, a lazy river, an indoor pool and sauna, along with an indoor hot tub. There is an exercise room, racquet ball court and shuffle board courts. There is a coffee bar, soda shop, arcade, restaurant.

There are daily children's programs in season.

Unit 1005 has been renovated, features a full kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave. There is a king sized bed in the master BR with floor to ceiling windows with an ocean view. The second BR features 2 queen beds. There are 2 full bathrooms in the unit, along with an in unit washer & dryer. There is an oversized recliner that is great for taking that nice nap or for watching the waves roll in.

We love Beach Cove

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bapeljagr

We want to give our the guest the most exciting, fun-filled, and enjoyable vacation experiences ever, and we here at Beach Cove are proud to be apart of your vacation experience. We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay, and that you were able to enjoy all of our many amenities. We pride ourselves on giving our guest convenience by having many things to offer right here at the resort. We can't wait to see you for your next vacation!

Beach Cove Resor

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was pretty disappointed in the accommodations this hotel has. The pictures are extremely deceiving. The room was extremely outdated. I booked my room 7 months in advance and asked for an updated room (since I saw that some rooms may be older) and that request was clearly not filled. I can look past some of the outdated décor but the microwave door handle was broken, the DVD player in the living wouldn't even turn on and the tv in 2nd bedroom was so dusty we had to clean it ourselves. For the most part the room was clean and housekeeping was very friendly. It's a shame to spend this much money (we were in tower C in a 2 bedroom condo) and not even feel comfortable in your room. I understand that the condos are privately owned but the hotel should simply not rent there rooms until they are updated. Its not fair to charge the same price for 2 different condos and one be updated and one not be.
Also when we were checking in (around 5, and check in is at 4) our room wasn't ready. We drove 9 hours and still had to wait for an hour to get our room. And when we were checking in there was only 1 person at the front desk. It was clear they are understaffed, from the front desk to the coffee shop to the pool bar. I would not recommend Beach Cove and I will not be returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank michaela g
BCGManager, Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

I want to apologize that we did not meet your standards during your stay here at Beach Cove. I would like the opportunity to speak with you personally in regards to your stay here. If you would please give me a call at (843) 918-9000.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is my 3rd time renting a condo at BC. The condo was beautiful and I've already called about renting the same one next year.

The rest of the resort was clean and maintained. I love that the pools are open until 11 pm and now security removes items from lounge chairs if left there too long which was a big problem in past years. Some days there is live music or a DJ but on the other days the hotel should have someone whip up an ipod playlist rather than play the radio because no one wants to hear obnoxious radio DJs or car commercials while they lay by the pool or sit on their balcony.

A few complaints: Javatini's closes too early, the restaurant and luaus aren't advertised enough and something has to be done about young kids in the pools and hot tubs alone.

My favorite nighttime activity at BC is sitting on the balcony watching people light off fireworks.

Room Tip: 5th floor and up...the higher the better. Better views and less pool noise at higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Explorer926

I'm glad to hear you had another great time at Beach Cove, and I'm very excited to hear that you are ready for next year. We thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated and does not go unnoticed. We can't wait to see you next year!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is outdated, overrun with people during the peak times, and has cleanliness issues (as pertained to our rooms...we had to change rooms during our stay), and does not enforce its "no smoking" policy. Had we not been with a small group, we would have asked for a refund and found a different hotel, but our teenagers wanted to stay together. The cigarette smoke smell in our second "non smoking" room was awful for the entire week. In addition, folks were smoking in the hallways and on balconies (brought to the attention of the Front Desk, but nothing changed), which really ruins enjoying the ocean view. I had to have clothes that were hanging in the closet, and unworn, cleaned due to absorbing the smell. I did not take the majority of my clothes out of my suitcase the entire time due to this issue. The second room we had was more updated, but unfortunately ruined by the smell. This room also had a moisture problem with a leaky ceiling in the bedroom, and too much mositure on the bathroom floor from condensation.
The rooms are dingy and could be a lot cleaner. This can be said for the overall hotel. The linens were yellowish, and the beds old. We even received a scam phone call on the room phone identifying himself as a "guest services agent" who needed our credit card information to re-run our bill. it was pretty convincing, but we do not give out that kind of info on the phone, so we stopped by the front desk to pursue, and got confirmation that it was a scam. For these, and other issues, we will not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel, ask for an updated room. Each room is an individually owned condo, and n...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Beth S
BCGManager, General Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Just left beach cove today. When we got to our room on Saturday July 5th we put our luggage in the hallway and left. When we got back that night around 11pm. We noticed the room was not clean. There was sand in the fridge, on the floor and even in our beds. The room just wasn't clean. There was only one set of towels, large hole in the shower curtain, towel bar broken off, handle on sliding glass door barely hanging on, the carafe on the coffee pot broken, couch full of sand and broken.

After notifying housekeeping the next day they changed our bed sheets and put up a new shower curtain. Saw a maintenance personnel in the elevator and informed him of the towel bar and door handle. The gentleman fixed it that same day. My husband and I enjoyed our stay for our 1 year Anniversry but our room was not at all satisfactory. If we come back next year I hope the rooms are updated including the uncomfortable beds.

B&K
Renick, WV

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank BnK H

I want apologize that we failed to meet your standards,and provide you with a quality vacation experience. We are in the proccess of updating our rooms, so if you would return we hope that you would be able to experience our new improvements. However, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further. If you would please give me a call at (843) 918-9000.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#18 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Caribbean Resort And Villas
Caribbean Resort And Villas
#26 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Beach Cove Resort? Share your experiences!