“Torn between a 3 and a 4”
Review of Beach Cove Resort

Beach Cove Resort
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The location was perfect, right down 48th avenue on the corner, banana boat rides right out front of hotel, and wonderful outdoor pools. We loved all of the pools and the lazy river. We loved the access to the beach and the tiki bar. However, the room was not what I was hoping for. My daughter dropped some water in the floor and I went to wipe it up with a washcloth using my foot and litterally black dirt came up. I dont think the housekeeping really cleans the rooms other than trash, beds, vacuum, and stocking towels. The floors in our bathroom was pretty gross. We stayed in 714 or 715, cant remember which one, but it was quiet. We couldnt hear anyone on either side of us. The fireworks were annoying for us because we had a 2 yr sleeping in the sleeper bed in the living room of 1 bedroom exec suite. The fireworks went off from about 9pm until about 11:30pm. The sliding doors seem to be paper thin and the fireworks were realy loud in the room. Not a problem for most but anyone with young children can probably relate. I highly disliked the Tradewinds Cafe breakfast buffet. We had to pay for it and it was like 10.50 a person which was WAY overpriced for what you get. The food really tasted like hospital food. I would def not eat at that restuarant again since Mcdonalds and cracker barrel is right down on the corner. Another bad thing about this elevator is one of the elevators on Tower A broke down so we had to wait like 30 minutes with our dolly cart to be able to check out. The elevators are also very hot and humid, I would have hated to be lucky one to get stuck in elevator yesterday morning. yuck. Also, our patio door would not lock. We had to get maintenance to come and fix it since we have a two year old and certainly didnt want her to be able to get out on patio herself.

Overall, for the price, I would stay here again. The pools were really really nice and shady and in the evening.

I paid 360 total for the weekend but I wouldnt have paid anymore than that.

2  Thank JGBR2010
Kathy K, General Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

I apologize for the all the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay. All feedback from our guests is very important to us and use it as tools to see where have area's that we need to improve on. I would love to have the opportunity to provide you with the product and service that you deserve and ask that you contact me to plan a return visit.

Kathy King

Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The resort is located in a very convenient place, the rooms are spacious and clean and comfortable. Every very room has a great ocean view. The beach access is easy and the pools and grounds are well kept. The facilities are very good, coffee shop, restaurant and Tiki Bar The DJs and special events are very good

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank richiepug

We are so glad that you had a great stay and enjoyed all that Beach Cove Resort has to offer. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

While this resort is not fancy, it meets the needs for family stays on the shore. I understand the complaints from others about the place showing wear and tear and maintenance has room for improvement. Our first night, I had maintenance up for plumbing, electrical and tv reception issues. I have to say that they responded fairly quickly and everything was resolved. For rainy days there is an arcade and a racquetball court - both were hits for us. The beds were acceptable but could use replacing in the near future. One surprising thing to me is how quiet the hallways were. They are all exterior hallways and there were little to no noise from passers by.

The Tradewinds Café's morning breakfast was fine to me but my family said otherwise. breakfast was part of our packaged so they had no choice;) We didn't take advantage of the other dining places on the property as there are so many other dining options in the area. Parking can be a challenge but the garage is several stories so you will eventually find a spot.

I would be inclined to stay here again and will request an updated room. However, since each unit is privately owned, I'm not sure if that is possible. Overall, I think this resort should be considered for family stay but if you want fancy, try the Hilton up the street.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We do have improvement projects scheduled for the units during the slower rental season and new furnishing are on order for the lobby. We hope you will return and see a new and improved product. Please contact me to personally handle your future reservation.

843-918-7765
gm@beachcove.com

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Check-in and Check-out were easy and fast. Everyone at the desk was friendly and helpful!! We asked for a renovated room because we have a son with asthma and I had read on here some of the rooms were dated and musty. They were able to accommodate my request!

We were on the 5th floor which was good, not to far up since the elevators run very slow you could do the stairs in needed to. We were in room 516 tower B. The room was wonderful, all newly remodeled and clean! Furniture was great and the room was a great size for our family of 4! Housekeeping was great and did a wonderful job!!

Only negative with the room was the walls are paper thin and our 2nd to last night a family checked in next to us at 12am. You could hear everything they said and it woke us up. So I hated that people can check in at any time during the night.

The pools are one of the most enjoyable parts of the stay!!! Fun for the entire family and very easy to get to from your room or the beach. Super clean!!! The lazy river was fun too!!

The negative is if you want a seat at the pool good luck. They have signs saying no reserving chairs but they don't follow it. Every day by 9 every seat would be reserved with towels so if you would decide to go down with the family you could not get a chair. It is really disappointing.

Beach is steps from the tiki bar and easy to get to. The banana boat rides are offered right in front of the resort and defiantly worth the ride!!!

Room Tip: Ask for and updated room.
1  Thank Jennifer F

Thank you for choosing Beach Cove Resort and we are very happy to hear that your first vacation with us was so enjoyable! We hope to become your Myrtle Beach vacation destination for many years to come.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Got end of season rates for summer so it was a wonderful value. 1 bdr condo with 2 queen beds. Lots of room in condo. Beautiful view. Bedroom had "windows" to living room so would not recommend if you have kids or others who would be staying up later as it is not soundproof. 1/2 stove, 1/2 fridge. Condo does not provide paper goods but fully stocked dishes. Room had not been updated for a while but was fine for price. Staff was nice, good gameroom, great pools. Music ondeck sometimes. Great family atmosphere. Tiki bar with hamburgers, mixed drinks, etc. Barefoot landing and cracker barrel and beach stores very close.

Room Tip: all rooms are oceanfront
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

It's wonderful to hear that you loved your vacation! Thank you so much for all the positive feedback and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Spent the first week of August at the Beach Cove Resort. Tower B room 800 something, We had a 3 bedroom suite. For the price it was not bad at all compared to other rental units in the area. We were literally in the room long enough to eat breakfast, come in from beach to grab quick bite, then back in late afternoon for showers then back at night for bed. Furniture was not luxurious, nor top of the line, but it was comfortable and fitting for a beacfront condo. We had elevators right down the hall from us and the average wait we had for an elevator was maybe a minute. There is another elevator that goes to the center of the building that the cleaning crew uses, which may make wait time worse as well as the time of year you go with the property at full capacity. It's the beach, tons of people go, elevators get full, it's ok.
The grounds were nice and clean and plenty of do for the kids. The beach was obviously packed, but luckily we had pleasant people around us the entire week.
Hotel staff friendly, breakfast buffet was good. We stayed away from the drinks at the pool bar as they were pricy and besides we brought our own big cooler!!!! Worked out very well.
Regarding the noise, we were at the end of Tower B in corner unit above the lazy river. Noise was not an issue at all.
All in all this was a fantastic trip for our family, and if we go back to North Myrtle, we will be staying at the Beach Cove.
I can say the condo we stayed in was clean, pretty much up to date, appropriately furnished, plenty of utensils, plates, etc for our family of 10.

2  Thank david e

Vacations are meant to be relaxing and we are very happy to hear that your Beach Cove vacation was relaxing and very enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your experience with others on Tripadvisor. We look forward to your return and another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

First off I want to say that the staff here was great!! Very nice and polite!! But the rooms are average at best.. Even the 1 bedroom that we had (which was an UPDATED ROOM)... Was not in very good condition.. There is SUPPOSED to be quiet time after 11 at night but that's just a joke!! But without a doubt the worst thing here is the elevators!!! We have waited on average 12 minutes all week long!! One day we waited almost an hour!! Now us being on the 16th floor with kids.. Walking up with luggage was not an option!!! Over all this place is awful in my opinion!! They will NEVER get my business again...

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Wnc-77

I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced while a guest at Beach Cove Resort. I completely understand how frustrating it is wait on an elevator and especially with children. We have unit improvement projects planned to take place during the slower season and I hope you will consider giving us another try as a vacation destination. I appreciate the compliment about the service you received from the staff.