All reviewsroom was cleanpoolside bar isocean frontbasic needsno elevatorprivate balconysmall lazy riverbeach tripcleaning staffpool areaeasy access to the beachpots and pansnorth myrtletikinmbcontractorshousekeeper
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

The only good thing about this place is the location. Not terribly clean. Beds got made and towels replaced (late in day. If you wanted to shower early maybe you could get towels early). Other than that no cleaning. Room could have been vacuumed daily to get rid of sand. I would not walk on carpet without shoes on. AC really didn't work. Had to clean the glasses and mugs before use. Pans were disgusting. Luckily we weren't cooking. No kitchen towels until the day we left. Impossible to sit on balcony due to cigarette smoke from surrounding balconies and noise and smoke from bar. Room 309 ocean view very limited due to roof of bar. Water in lazy river was an odd color. I wouldn't go in it. Parking was difficult as there were several skidoo trailers in the lot. Wifi was very slow. I'd sleep in my car before staying here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank carol r
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Upon arriving at Castaway I was pleased with the front desk clerk, she was very kind. I wasn’t able to get into our room and maintenance was called over. A strange man finally appeared and jiggled the door handle, and kicked the door open and said “there you go!” And went about his way. The door was very beat up and clearly had been kicked open frequently, very scary for a room full of us ladies. The room itself was appalling. The stench was unbearable and there was filth everywhere. The beds were sloppy and sticky. The “kitchen” was absurd. The bar that was directly outside was littered with sketchy drunks at 4:30 in the afternoon. The “lazy river” was tiny and tinted brown. I immediately went back to the front desk to cancel and check out. The clerk was super helpful and kind enough not to charge us and let us on our way. She was the only good experience about this place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank J G
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We do not mind staying in older motels as long as they are clean. Some maintenance needed here, but the amenities are good, and the motel has a good location. Good family motel. The staff were very nice too!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a cheap
place to sleep then you found it. We paid $55 total to stay here on a Thursday night but the fact is you get what you pay for. The bar and grill behind it is the nicest thing about the place. When we walked into our room (114) there was a smell that I can’t explain. Our 20 month old looked at me and grabbed her nose. A few of the pillows had a stench to them. I will say that otherwise the room was clean and the house keeper we met as we were coming in was very nice. The commode ran the entire time we were there. It had a pool and a lazy river. The lazy river had two floats to use and had cigarette butts in it. I was surprised to see the room had a full size refrigerator in it, an electric stove, dishes and silverware. Maybe I’m just spoiled.... like I said, it is what it is.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Staff at check in was very quick and friendly. Three floors, no elevator. Aged but clean. Bed comfort ok, but not great. No balcony noise. Air conditioner unit is on the outside beside the entry door instead of on the balcony. Flat TV works very well. Wifi comes and goes. Very small lazy river. Economical rates. If you’re on a tight budget, this would be a good stay.

Stayed: September 2017