“Will go back”
Review of Avista Resort

Avista Resort
Reviewed 1 October 2007

We were there from 09/22 to 09/26. Even if I was prepared for the across-street parking, I still felt that it was an inconvenience when we first arrived. But once we got set, parking was no longer an issue. This hotel was okay. The pool areas and the ground areas are not so impressive. All pools are small so we didn't bother to be there. The exercise equipments are still very new to me. I used the fitness room twice and have lost a couple of pounds during my stay : ) The room layout was great. The room was clean, clean, and clean. My type of room has a big bathroom with lots of natural lights. Don't expect high-end or expensive-look kind of furnitures and decorations though. Everything is just plain and simple.

The front desk services were great. The check-in employee wasn't that friendly but she got her job done timely. We were greeted by a different employee when we went back to the front desk a few minutes later to ask for an additional room key and parking tag. With no question asked, she gave us the key and the tag in no time. We also informed them about a missing fork and they sent someone to give us a fork in no time. Their paying attention down to this kind of details impressed me.

In short, I will go back because of the nice room, the great services, the price is right, and of course, the beach.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 55yroldvrgn
Write a ReviewReviews (2,379)

Reviewed 27 September 2007

Having driven all day arrived in N Myrtle beach early evening Sept 19.very tired having made no reservations it was a question of finding a suitable hotel/resort for the next 5 nights. Tried a few hotels which were either not suitable ( Dingy/tired ) or full, drove past The Avista Resort it looked great from the outside . Went inside spoke to receptionist Angela who couoldnt have been more helpful and friendly. Explained what i required for next 5 nights. At this point Angela stated that there were vacancies that night but hotel was fully booked for for the wekend due to a dance convention taking place in n.myrtle. She kept trying to assist but the best she could offer was a room that night with 2/3 room changes for the entire stay. Being very tired i agred to this and booked. Later that evening Angela phoned our room and stated that she had worked around the problem and we could stay in same room for the duration of our stay .

This hotel resort exceeded my expectations without exception all staff were friendly and helpfull . suite of rooms excellent very clean and well presented . maid service great and unobtrusive.
Generally hotel v clean and well run facilities excellent and despite hotel beeing full for the weekend no waiting for lifts or queuing at bar or restuarant etc.

drawbacks; indoor pool and lazy river not heated water to cold to enter so remained emp[ty ( other than a couple of polar bears)
whilst adjacent outdoor pools fully in use.

recieved 2 automated telephone calls after midnight welcoming me to the hotel.,

overall couldnt be faulted . also a great price.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank colcas
Reviewed 21 September 2007

My wife an I stayed at alvista for six days. We booked a ocean front view room and everything was as promised. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: September 2007
8  Thank swifty68
Reviewed 11 September 2007

We stayed at Avista Friday, Sep 7th and Saturday Sep 8th. We were in an L-shaped room and I loved the 2 balconies. You have plenty of windows throughout the room and you get both a city and beach view. Just delightful.

Rooms are clean and comforatable. L-Shaped room is larger than some of the other oceanview rooms, also a plus.

The lobby is bright and beautiful and I love the winding staircase that leads up to the ballrooms they have. The front desk was accomodating and friendly.

I arranged to have my husbands surprise bday party with Avista and would do it all over again. The event coordinators see that your requests are met and are so nice to work with. It was my first surprise party planning experience and I was very nervous, but they took care of everything and put my mind at ease.

The event was decorated beautifully, the guests all loved the food, and the bar was very accomodating on getting the guests what they requested.

The pool area is lovely and clean. The restaurant has a great breakfast.

One of my husbands gifts was a gift certificate to a restaurant in the area and we are already planning a nights stay at Avista for when we go to dinner.

Fun fun fun!

Thank you Avista for a wonderful stay and party!

• Stayed: September 2007
8  Thank oinee
Reviewed 11 September 2007

Wow! Finally a place that actually measured up to what you saw online and the information we we're given. The Avista Resort is a place we will stay again and again! The rooms we're really nice in that they made great use of a small space. The lay out of the room was awesome! The bathroom is huge & nice! These bathrooms & accommodations were even better than some of the Hilton's I have stayed in. The kitchen was modern. The room was up-to-date. The view was incredible. What stood out the most was the cleanliness of the room!!!!! I am so tired of staying places were a million have come through obviously to stay and the places are not clean. Very high marks to the "maid service" and to management for realizing this is so important. The section of the beach where the resort is located is very nice. Here you are not far from a nice little town called Calabash- discover it. We loved it! We went on the boat tour-The Hurricane there. So worth it! Kids loved seeing the dolphins and the shrimp boat at work. Educational. Don't be fooled by others-this is the best! Thank you Avista! We WILL be back again! We have be vacationing at Myrtle Beach 20 years & this is the best of the best.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank imsuny
Reviewed 10 September 2007

My husband, son and I stayed at the Avista from 8/23-8/27. It was our 1st time staying in Myrtle Beach and had read about the property on Trip Advisor. We booked a 2 bedroom/2 bath ocean front suite. The accommodations far exceeded our expectations. The unit was huge, very clean and had spectacular ocean views. We ate in the hotel dining room one evening and were very surprised by the excellent quality of the food and service. We also appreciated having a small kitchen. We loved the pools and beach. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank barb0624
Reviewed 10 September 2007

We stayed at Avista from Tuesday, August 29-Friday, August 31, 2007. I had called another property looking for a room. The girl who answered informed me it had been torn down (to my disappointment), but offered me a room at Avista. Well, we're so glad we found this place! We had a one bedroom, oceanside room with king bed. We got a great deal with her so we were excited. We arrived and had no problem checking in. We had requested early checkin (with no fee) and our room was ready when we arrived at about 3pm. (an hour early) We were very happy with the accomodations. We were on floor 16. It was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. there was no evidence of other previous guests. Everything still looked very new (the property is only 2 years old). You walk in to a small living room with a two person sofa, a chair, 4 person dining table, TV, DVD Player, double murphy bed (we never pulled out-didn't need it), and the beautiful balcony. The balcony was very spacious, with two chairs and a small table and had a wonderful view! You go down the hall to the back of the building...the kitchen is in the hall. It's basically one wall of the hall with all the components. However, everything that you need is there for cooking. Large fridge, microwave, full range and oven, toaster, dishwasher, dishwasher detergent, dish towels, cooking and serveware. It was perfect. On the left of the hallway was the door to the bathroom. A good size, included a jacuzzi tub which I enjoyed. At the end of the hall was the bedroom (no windows, but the balcony light would reach it if you left the door open) with a king bed two nightstands, and another TV. We loved the room! They offer to clean everyday, you just have to stick out the door hanger. If you don't, they still come in and replace your towels and shampoos/etc. The hotel itself was also very nice. Snack/drink and ice machines every two floors. Restaurant and room service on site. Bar/lounge on site. We never ate there, but the menus looked good. Pool bar. Lazy river, pools, and jacuzzis inside and outside. The outside pools were very nice. Especially enjoyed the lazy river. We didn't feel the beach was crowded. Of course, we went late august during the week...The location is very convenient as well. Only a minute to 17 the main road. Parking was very tight in the deck across the street, but was sufficient. I felt sorry for the large SUVS. There were activities for kids everyday. An office in the lobby was set up to help you book any shows you wanted to attend at discounted prices. Plus computer you could use the internet on for 15 min. We loved the resort and would highly reccommend it!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank arauth