“Another great vacation”
Review of Avista Resort

Avista Resort
Reviewed 27 July 2012

another great vacation. Hotel staff was top notch. Cleanliness was pretty good. Our room had newer everything except the carpet. It needs replaced but otherwise perfect. They say no saving chairs at the pool but that's not true. I went down at 8 am and most if not all chairs had towels on them saving them. So if you want a chair at the pool get there early and get your towel down.that is the only real negative I have. Oh be careful in the parking garage its a tight fit. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 26 July 2012

INever plan on staying anywhere else. Great vacation place for kids and adults! And just a short walk from great shopping a entertainment. I believe once you stay here you'll never wanna stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Donnak939
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Beds were very comfortable. For the price of the room, a full breakfast should be included in the stay. Parking was across the street which was inconvenient especially since it was a parking deck and you could not always see who was coming at you. The elevators were kind of scary. People continued to pile on even when there was barely any room left in the elevator.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is our second time staying at the Avista. The first time we stayed in a one bedroom ocean front room and this time we stayed in an LNS room which is an ocean view end unit. I loved having all of the windows in the living and bedroom. Like a previous reviewer, we kept the curtains open at night and enjoyed the view. We were on the 14th floor in the north tower, I'm not sure how good the view would be below the 10th since the hotel next door is about 10 stories and might block part of the view. I loved the fact that the front ocean view balcony was deeper than the ocean front room. I'm not real fond of heights and being able to be back from the railing made it much more comfortable to sit and enjoy the sounds of the ocean.
The room was spacious and clean, the beds comfortable. The only issue I had with the room was that the service elevator was on the other side of the bedroom wall. Whenever anyone opened or closed the hall door to get to it, two walls in the bedroom shook so hard that you could see the mirror on the wall shaking. There was also more street noise than I would have liked but it was not too bad.
Check in was quick and easy, it was a little difficult finding a valet cart but again, not too bad. The only issue with room service was that one day I put out the do not disturb sign because we were napping and housekeeping knocked. When I answered the door they said they were sorry that they thought housekeeping was in the room with the do not disturb sign out.....
As also noted by other reviewers, the parking garage can be a challenge and the elevator is slow. This normally would not be a problem for us but we had my elderly mother with us and she could not take the stairs. It was also a challenge at times to cross the road because not everyone stops or even slows down for the crosswalk and some cars drive way too fast for that road. I don't think we will stay at the Avista next time but that is because next time I'd like to be a little further south, closer to Myrtle beach.

Room Tip: If you want a good view with an LNS room, be mindful of which tower you are in and what floor. On t...
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed in a 3 br/3 bath corner room and the view was fabulous! It was clean and comfortable. Parking in the garage is a bit of a challenge unless you have a Mini, but that would be the only issue and it would not stop me from staying there again. Loved the fireworks on Friday night. Great way to have a girls weekend!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed at the Avista the week of July 16. We had a 2 br/2 bath oceanfront and we loved it. It was very clean and well maintained. The staff were very willing to assist us with the 2 issues that arose during our stay. This is a great facility for families and the dj on Saturday by the pool was so much fun. They had the guests participating and kept us entertained. We have stayed at the Avista fpr several years and will continue to. We love that the Avista is within walking distance of ice cream, restaurants, etc. Thanks for a wonderful vacation and look forward to returning next summer.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stalked the reviews for this resort months in advance. We wanted a very quick section of North Myrtle Beach, and this is the place. Although at one point, the reviews were so ugly, I cancelled & booked with another hotel. Then I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to stay at the loud part Myrtle Beach, so I rebooked with the Avista Resort. Upon arrival, the hotel was super easy to find. Parking in the tight desk to check in wasn't fun. My husband, 1 year old daughter and I arrived at 4:50pm. At the front desk, I was told that my room wasn't ready yet. But check in is at 4pm? After a couple of minutes, I was told that I was being upgraded to a oceanfront suite, the kitchen is still being working on the room that I reserved. I accepted, but was upset. I booked the LNS oceanview room for a reason. It was very spacious and I loved the floor the ceilng windows that I viewed online. After check in, we went up to the 14 floor. PS, the elevators were not slow, at least not when I was there at peak season, July. I opened the door and stopped at the entrance. I saw others people belongs everywhere. I quickly slammed and door and told my husband that the room was occupied! So, we went back downstairs to state the problem. Another front desk person had to give me another room, from the previous person's mistake. Then, we went to our correct room and settled down. The oceanfront room wasn't nice. The bathroom was huge though. The bedroom in the back was dark and it had a closed off feeling to it. I went out on the balcony, and I could see everyone on the balcony in the north tower (we stayed in the South tower), it really wasn't oceanfront to me. People were smoking all the time, couldn't enjoy leaving the door open. Also didn't leave the balcony door open after reading the note that's states not to. The beach was what I expected. I have been to Myrtle Beach before I was born, so the beach isn't nothing new. I did see the 2 wooden planks in the ocean, I didn't know what it was my entire trip and I didn't go near it. Afterwards, I read that it was the drain. Didn't even attempt to go swimming, too crowded. The next day I asked the front desk if I could switch to the oceanview room, and they switched us. The LNS oceanfront is the best. Long hallway that leads to bedroom which had a wrap around balcony and flatscreen T.V. The bathroom was huge. Large Living Room with huge Flat screen. The floor to celing windows were great, I loved to keep the curtains open at night and view the amusment park less than a block away. The balcony was huge, could view the ocean and the street, no smoke and very quiet. The Kitchen was small, but I wasn't expecting a chef's kitchen or anything. Tried the washer and dryer. I didn't have any problems with the washer, but the dryer was weird. The clothes were still damp. I thought I read the directions correctly, but oh well. The location was perfect. Our family took at walk to the amusement park and the local shops. Wasn't far from Barefoot Landing, but I dind't know that we were right next to Cherry Grove. Hated the parking deck, was bothersome in the rain & parking was so tight. The elevators were so slow in the parking garage, we took the stairs the enitre time. We stayed from July 9th to the 12th and didn't want to leave the last day, even after the rough start. I would like to visit again, I was suprised that I had a great time with my family.

Room Tip: LNS Oceanview is the best, private, great view of ocean & blvd. 2 flat screen T.V.'s, washer...
2  Thank YiErSan
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#16 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Avista Resort? Share your experiences!