“Small issues.”

Avista Resort
Jacksonville, Florida
“Small issues.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We had made reservations. made it all the way here to find the room was not ready.management steped up and took care of us. Awesome view of the ocean and the room was clean. We will be coming back soon.

• Stayed June 2014
Zach F, Front Office Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear dearmas6059,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us. We are very happy to see that after the rough start we were able to give you a great stay and that you enjoyed the amazing views our spacious condos can provide. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
Marion, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Horrible room service had to call several times to front desk cause dish washer nor washer nor TV worked no one never came to check..also called for more towels no one came had to go get the my self. Front desk black lady was rude. Just horrible service period. Not staying ever again here. Not worth a dime.

4 Thank hotcakesforever
Dear hotcakesforever,

We are extremely disappointed to hear that your stay was not to yours or our standards. I can assure you that what you experienced is not typical for us here at the Avista. I will be sure to see that our procedures are being followed as they should in each department as you should have had no issues getting the items repaired or towels brought to your unit. We would love to make this up to you and show you how great it is to stay at the Avista. If you would be interested please contact me anytime.

Zach Frazier
zach.frazier@avistaresort.com
843-417-5511
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We absolutely love staying here! We wouldn't stay any where else!! I highly recommend it for you and your family!! This is tag best place to stay for SOS and for the Beach Music Award show. Book your shaggin good time here!!!!

1 Thank HeatherLDudley
Dear HeatherLDudley,

Thank you for making us a part of your family traditions, we are thrilled to be your home away from home when you are coming to the area for SOS and other fun events. We look forward to your next visit and having the chance to serve you and yours again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great location on the beach. Easy access to shops and restaurants. Staff was freindly and helpful. One bedroom suite was nice and clean. Did not dine there but close to all restaurants. Would recommend a a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ocean view is great. Was on 5th floor and had no complaints. Little bit af a party at the pool just...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Voyagepar
Zach F, Front Office Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Voyagepar,

Thank you so much for your review on your time at the Avista Resort, we are extremely pleased to see that you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed one of our spacious one bedroom condos. I too think that the ocean view units provide a great view of the beach and a different perceptive being able to see a little further down that when straight on the ocean. We hope that you will choose the Avista again in the future and giving us the opportunity to serve you and yours again.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

You will not be disappointed. Avista is quiet, very clean, safe, family atmosphere. The staff is very nice and make you feel they are happy you are there. Pools are clean. Beach is clean. Wonderful place to stay.

2 Thank AnnMargaret47
Dear AnnMargaret47,

We very much appreciate your kind words and for choosing the Avista Resort for your vacation in North Myrtle Beach. We are happy to see that you had a great time and that you enjoyed the family atmosphere that we strive to ensure is great. We look forward to having you back with us again soon, and giving you another fantastic vacation.
Charles Town, West Virginia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here the week of May 31 to June 6th, 2014. It is in a fantastic location in North Myrtle Beach. We wanted to avoid too much congestion on the beach itself and from that aspect we were completely satisfied. Traffic was light at this time of year and they were not at full capacity. We were close to many of our favorite spots as well.

To be honest, we had limited interaction with the staff but what we did have was pleasant enough. Our biggest complaint was the state of the room. It was clean, but it just looked so abused/worn. The refrigerator looked as if it had been in a hail storm. So many dents on the outside of it but it worked. The furniture is well worn. The biggest issue I had was that the carpet appeared to have been just laid down on the floor with no effort to trim the edges and place them next to the walls and sliding doors. The murphy bed did work great for the kids. There was a small table and four chairs in the room. No complaints there. There was also a sofa bed which we did not use but the sofa was comfortable enough. The king bed in the bedroom was comfortable. The dresser/chest and nightstands were working but looked dated.

Don't get us wrong, our stay was just fine. We had a great week and again the location on the beach is terrific. I guess we just felt like it could have been better. I would give it 3.5 if I could.

Room Tip: Rooms in the South Tower appear to be a bit nicer.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank colflagg
Dear colflagg,

While we very much hate to see that we left you expecting more, we are very appreciative of your comments and letting us know how we can improve our guest experience. If you had a moment I would love to speak with you about the unit that you were in so that I can ensure the unit is up to our standards and if not that we get with the respective homeowner to make the changes that may be needed. I look forward to speaking with you soon and having the opportunity to wow you and yours in the future.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Hi my name is Gabrielle Barker and myself, my husband and our child stayed at the Avista nearly a month ago. I've been calling for weeks and talking to different managers trying to resolve this issue. I've finally contacted the corporate general manager after leaving him 2 voicemails over the past few days. I feel as if I've been continuously placed on the back burner to avoid inconveniencing the staff at the Avista.
After my checkout I called to report I had left my purse in the room. The manager verified they had my purse in their possession and had my address on file; I gave her my card number so she could have it mailed and was told to expect it within 7 days. 7 days later I had yet to receive it and no charge had been applied to my account. After multiple attempts to get to the bottom of this I eventually had to file a police report and the officer concluded that purse was left unattended in the managers office area and was stolen by an employee or hotel affiliate. The purse was not extremely valuable but the contents inside are irreplaceable. My newborns pictures were in there and are now in the hands of a thief; you can imagine how unsettling this is. My checkbook was in there and I'm in the process of canceling that account. The final item was my schedule book; I'm a photographer and all my client contacts and valuable appointments are in there. I've spent so much time trying to resolve this matter and I've dealt with incompetence and negligence repeatedly. The corporate manager finally offered a discounted stay and free food....this is simply not enough. Not to mention, front desk was rude at check in and check out

• Stayed May 2014
11 Thank MrsBarker13
JimEg, Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Ms. Barker the Avista Management would like to sincerely apologize for the loss of your purse. Please know that this is not a normal occurrence and our Director of Housekeeping had the best intentions of sending this back to you. Unfortunately she did not keep the item in a secure location as she was going about her daily tasks and the item went missing. She was apprehensive to call you back as she was really embarrassed but as I said on the phone to you she was trying to get it together in order to mail to you but got caught up in her busy morning. This in no way is an excuse as we talked things can happen and good people make mistakes. I do feel bad about you losing some photos and your scheduling book as I know this caused you some stress and I appreciate your working with us to resolve this matter. I think we have been more than fair with you and we look forward to showing that we are a very caring Resort and even though we did not live up to your expectations, nor ours, during your last visit and we do sincerely apologize for that. Best Regards, Jim Eggen General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,026 reviews
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,434 reviews
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,572 reviews
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Avista Resort? Share your experiences!