“The Avista Resort is STILL Heaven on Earth!”
Review of Avista Resort

Avista Resort
Reviewed 20 June 2014

You simply cannot beat this resort, I love it. I just spent two of the most enjoyable days ever here. I will be back in July and hopefully in August too! I would move in if I could! The Just Off Main restaurant has awesome food and service, so eating at the resort is a pleasure. I want to go back already. Do yourself a favor and stay here if you are wanting to enjoy North Myrtle Beach, you won't be sorry! After you stay there, you can come back here and tell me how right I was! Enjoy your stay at the Avista!

Room Tip: I like floors 5-8 so I can see the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michaelishere
Zach F, Front Office Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Michaellishere,

Thank you so much for your continued support and patronage of the Avista Resort. We also cant thank you enough for all of the kind words and taking the time to share those with others looking for a great place to stay. We look forward to your return in July, and August, please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to improve your stay.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.The pros are the hotel has many activities to do on site.Four resturants,indoor and outdoor pools,right on the beach,safe and secure building,we had a washer and dryer in the room,dishwasher,stove,microwave,full size refrigerator,a pull out bed,and separate living room,the entire staff was great,they have a dvd rental station in the lobby,and it was family oriented.We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a jetted bath tub with an ocean front veiw.The bed was comfortable.The cons is even with all of the nice things and great view the livingroom furniture had a musky smell and was a little outdated.I used Lysol and all was well.I was told when I reserved the room that it was a jetted tub IN the bedroom but it was a jetted tub/shower combination.I still enjoyed the stay.The experience was great.The appliances were up to date and there was a flat screen tv and dvd in the livingroom and a flat screen tv in the bedroom..I plan on staying here next year.

Room Tip: Get an upper level room so you can get the full effect.We were on the 7th floor and we could see all...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy B

Dear Kathy B,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us, we are happy to hear that you and your husband had a fantastic visit. It also sounds like you were one of the first guests that had the opportunity to use our DVDNow program, which gives unlimited DVD rentals to all of our guests. I would love if you had a moment to speak with me in regards to the furniture and the unit that you were in, so that I can be sure we check the furniture and make sure that is still up to our standards or possibly in need of replacing. I look forward to speaking with you soon as well as having the chance to serve you and yours again in the future.

Zach Frazier
843-417-5511
zach.frazier@avistaresort.com

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great family stay!!! Grounds kept beautifully!! Unfortunate we were in a privately owned condo unit 101. Not stocked with anything. Not even salt!! Terrible kitchen, small rooms. Just don t believe the pictures they post. We did. Very disappointed. And be sure your idea of an ocean view is the same as theirs!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy H

Dear Kathy H,

Though you did book with an outside agency and not with the resort itself, we are upset to see that you and your family didn't have the vacation you had planned and deserved. We would love to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again so that we can give you the relaxing and fantastic vacation that you are looking for and if there are any shortfalls or items needed we can get them to you quickly and efficiently. If you have any questions or concerns, I welcome you to contact me anytime and look forward to working with you in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our family recently stayed at the Avista Resort in Room 422 at North Myrtle Beach. The resort was very clean and had lots of outdoor amenities which included a pool side bar and grill that played good music during the day and ice cream stand. My kid loved the hotdogs and fries and its huge plus when in need of an emergency beer or snack for the kids. The pools were very well maintained and the indoor ones were heated. The staff cleaned the pools and deck everyday which was nice to see.

There's a really good work out room on the 4th floor right around the corner from room 422 which I was super pumped about. It was far from the typical cheesy hotel ones I've used. It was a good size and had lots of good treadmills, machines, and free weights. I was really impressed and took full advantage of it. Huge High Five to who ever put that room together.

The Avista also has an indoor bar on the 4th floor and a restaurant on the 1st floor. We ate dinner one nite at the restaurant which was our least favorite part. The food was just okay and kind of pricey for the quality. But there's plenty of good food with in a 5 minute walk to downtown. I heard the restaurant has a good breakfast buffet though. We made our own breakfast so we never tried it.

The resort is less than a five minute walk to downtown which was awesome. Seafood, pizza, burgers, and Ice cream all are right there. We enjoyed getting Ice Cream at night and walking back to our place on the beach. There's also a small amusement park there which we visited one nite and had lots of fun.

You can unload your car at the front doors however parking is across the street in a covered parking garage.

We never had to wait long for the elevators which was cool. There is enough to accommodate a busy day and they move quick.

Room 422 was very clean and had a fully equipped kitchen with washer/dryer. The view of the ocean from the balcony was true ocean front with no obstructions. The balcony was a nice size and the view was amazing! Our room had free wi-fi, cable, and flat screen tv's in both the living room and bedroom. We were very pleased to have stayed here. I would highly recommend the Avista to families with kids looking to save a few bucks and have a great time. We had a blast!

Room Tip: Because of the curved design of the building, I think all rooms facing the ocean have great views...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John_DeAngelis

Dear John_DeAngelis,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on your stay at the Avista Resort. We are very happy to see that you and your family had a fun and memorable trip and that you enjoyed the great views and location of the resort. We hope that you will choose the Avista again in the future, giving us the chance to host you and your family.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We had made reservations. made it all the way here to find the room was not ready.management steped up and took care of us. Awesome view of the ocean and the room was clean. We will be coming back soon.

Dear dearmas6059,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us. We are very happy to see that after the rough start we were able to give you a great stay and that you enjoyed the amazing views our spacious condos can provide. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Horrible room service had to call several times to front desk cause dish washer nor washer nor TV worked no one never came to check..also called for more towels no one came had to go get the my self. Front desk black lady was rude. Just horrible service period. Not staying ever again here. Not worth a dime.

4  Thank hotcakesforever

Dear hotcakesforever,

We are extremely disappointed to hear that your stay was not to yours or our standards. I can assure you that what you experienced is not typical for us here at the Avista. I will be sure to see that our procedures are being followed as they should in each department as you should have had no issues getting the items repaired or towels brought to your unit. We would love to make this up to you and show you how great it is to stay at the Avista. If you would be interested please contact me anytime.

Zach Frazier
zach.frazier@avistaresort.com
843-417-5511

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We absolutely love staying here! We wouldn't stay any where else!! I highly recommend it for you and your family!! This is tag best place to stay for SOS and for the Beach Music Award show. Book your shaggin good time here!!!!

1  Thank HeatherLDudley

Dear HeatherLDudley,

Thank you for making us a part of your family traditions, we are thrilled to be your home away from home when you are coming to the area for SOS and other fun events. We look forward to your next visit and having the chance to serve you and yours again.