Recently spent our vacation at the Avista and couldn't be happier with our stay there. Arrived too early (2:30) to get a room key so decided to go to the local WalMart to stock up on "in room" supplies. The desk clerk said that I would be called when room (828) was ready. Finished our shopping and got back to Avista around 4 and no call yet. After driving 10+ hrs from Pa, I was starting to hit a wall and wasn't in any mood for delays. Went to the desk and me being polite, waited in the line with the other 4pm check in people. Once waited on, and watching the clerk, I discovered that the keys were ready and at the end of the desk. Which means that the room was probably ready earlier, but not even 1 clerk was assigned the task of calling the early check-ins that their room was ready. But nothing to fret about. The room was spacious enough for the 4 of us and even though I took care of the trash, the housekeepers were more than helpful to exchange the towels for clean ones. The elevators were slow/crowded as "beach people" and new tenants were always overlapping. But during summer season, that is to be expected so no biggie. There was always someone cleaning the pool deck/chair area. Didn't use the pool at all. After all the Atlantic was all I needed! Besides I think that the 2 side pools are WAY TOO SMALL for the amount of people for both towers. I know that the Avista won't take my advice, but I would totally eliminate the existing pool area and make 1 giant pool and maybe keep the 2 hot tubs.
I don't want any readers to be discouraged by this review because every individual will find something even though petty, to complain about, but our family loves staying at the Avista. Location is great and not far from clubs, restaurants and fun for all. Would/Will definitely be coming back!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of North Myrtle Beach's newest oceanfront condominium resorts. Extraordinary features and architectural beauty combine to offer visitors the ultimate vacation experience. A condo to suit your every need and provide the finest experience possible; this is what differentiates between an average resort and the Avista Resort. As one of the first guests to have the opportunity to enjoy the experience of our new resort it will be our pleasure to serve you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Avista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Avista North Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel n Myrtle Beach