Avista Resort
Rodeway Inn(North Myrtle Beach)
US$79
RodewayInn
Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$114
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$137
Quality Inn & Suites(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
The Prince Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$108
Beach Cove Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$160
Seaside(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$126
Edgewater Inn(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$189
US$167
Travelocity
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$73
Travelocity
2,403 results
All reviewsacross the streetwasher dryer combopool areaocean frontmurphy bedparking garagelazy riverthe kitchennorth towerliving roomgreat resortbedroom oceanfrontmain sthigher floornorth myrtlethree bedroomfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2014

First time staying at Avista. The hotel is in serious need of some major upgrades. It seems a bit worn down. The hotel was not very clean and the pool area had cigarette butts on the pool deck and in the sanded seating area. The pools needed a major cleaning, were constantly filled with sand and the outside faucets to wash off the sand kept breaking. We were originally planning a five day trip but left early because we were displeased with the hotel. The second night we were here, the tenants next door to us had a loud party with loud music which woke us up at 1:30am. Called the front desk, and it stopped for a few minutes but started up shortly thereafter. Overall the only thing we liked was the oceanfront room view. Will not be staying here again. The Marriott Ocean Watch Villas make it hard to like anything else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
JimEg, Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

We both agree just ok is not good enough and yes we were full but we should have done a better job and I know if you had stayed you would not have seen the cig. butts and trash as that is not normal, as smoking is not allowed, not sure how we even let that happen but as I walked to pool area today I did not see any and the area looked great and ready for more guests. Again I am sorry that your first impression was not up to your standards and that we let you down and do hope you come back to see a different Avista Resort.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Had a great visit with the family week of Aug. 24th. Place is clean. Great location. Many restaurants are within walking distance. Wanted a north side room but received a south side room. No big deal,still had a decent view of the ocean and the North Myrtle Main street area. The whole area is so laid back. Also a small amusement park 2 blocks from the hotel,which is great for younger children..Want a nice vacation in North Myrtle,start with the Avista.

Room Tip: Upper north side rooms have great views of Cherry Grove.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Zach F, Front Office Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear ranger319,

Thank you for sharing your comments with other prospective travelers and taking the time to let us know how your visit to North Myrtle Beach and the Avista Resort had gone. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed the many different things to do within walking distance and the breathtaking views that not only our oceanfront rooms but also our ocean view units do provide. We also want to thank you for choosing the Avista a second time and we do hope to have you back with us again.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We have stayed at the Avista many times because we love the location; however, I think it is time for us to find a new place to stay when we vacation in North Myrtle Beach. While the staff and room were fine, we had an issue that we have never had before. We always rent an umbrella and chairs from the beach service in front of the Avista. The first time we went out there, I checked my name on all the open umbrellas and couldn't find it. I went to ask the guy renting them and was told which one it was and as I walked towards it a large group of Latinos who had been under it got up and walked away. I was told by the people under the umbrella beside us that these people had been sitting under our umbrella all morning. The same thing happened the next day to some people near us and I had to ask the chair rental guy to chase them away. While I realize this isn't the Avista's fault, I also saw large groups of people around the Avista pools in the late afternoon/early evening that I don't think were staying there. Several other guests mentioned this issue to me as well. They used to require pool bracelets but don't seem to require them anymore, which is encouraging people that don't stay there to hang out. We also had issues with the parking deck and people who were staying at the Avista almost ran us over several times. For these reasons, I think we are going to look for a more upscale place to stay the next time we come to North Myrtle Beach.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RelaxedAndHappy010

Dear RelaxedAndHappy010,

Please accept our apology on behalf of the responsible parties for the chair mix ups you had faced while staying with us. I certainly understand how frustrating that can be, and I have shared your comments with the proper people to ensure that issues like these aren't negatively affecting our guests.In regards to the pool bands, we certainly do still require them and do multiple checks throughout the days and typically done by different staff members from our courtesy and engineering teams. However we do allow guests of the resort that are staying with a unit that is rented by an outside company to show their room card and verify where they are staying. This would explain why it may seem that at times there are people that don't belong but typically those people have been asked for verification. We do hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the future and give us the chance to continue to host you and yours as a home away from home.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

The hotel is nice but it is a little pricey given the parking "situation" and the cheap plastic chairs on the balconies. Check in at 4:30 pm was not as smooth as it could have been given that check in is at 4pm and the lobby was full of people being check in by 2 people. Since we were going for my friend's birthday, I had asked for some help with balloons, cake, etc... after I spoke with just about everyone in the hotel- I finally was charged an additional $60 for 3 balloons and a cheap bottle of champange. Our room keys didn't work and our entertainment the next morning was watching the servers in the hotel restaurant argue over sections and who had what tables. All in all it wasn't bad but for $300+ for one night- you kind of think it's not the Super 8 or what other less expensive hotel comes to your mind.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Tracy D,

I am terribly sorry to see that you didn't have the experience that we believe you should have had and would love to speak with you about these issues a little further and hopefully we can make up for the shortcomings and have the chance for you to return so that we can be sure you get a memorable getaway. I look forward to speaking with you soon and hope you have a fantastic start to the upcoming fall season.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed in #932. It was a large one bedroom unit that was very tastefully decorated with a number of welcoming touches. This was our second time staying at the Avista. It was helpful having a refrigerator and washer/dryer for our use. The kitchen was small, but we were not there to cook gourmet meals so it met our needs perfectly. Our three children loved the beach and the pools. The pools were rather crowded at times, but the beach was terrific. It would be helpful to have a bathroom on the main level near the pool because we had to bring our young children upstairs to the restrooms when the need arose. The front desk employees were extremely pleasant.

Dear M0mT0Three,

Thank you very much for taking the opportunity to post your comments on your recent visit to North Myrtle Beach and the Avista Resort. We are delighted to see that this was your second trip and that everything was as great as the first visit with us and certainly appreciate the support and patronage and look forward to having you back with us again.