“nice place”

Avista Resort
swifty68
“nice place”
Reviewed 21 September 2007

My wife an I stayed at alvista for six days. We booked a ocean front view room and everything was as promised. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed September 2007
8 Thank swifty68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
Lumberton, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 September 2007

We stayed at Avista Friday, Sep 7th and Saturday Sep 8th. We were in an L-shaped room and I loved the 2 balconies. You have plenty of windows throughout the room and you get both a city and beach view. Just delightful.

Rooms are clean and comforatable. L-Shaped room is larger than some of the other oceanview rooms, also a plus.

The lobby is bright and beautiful and I love the winding staircase that leads up to the ballrooms they have. The front desk was accomodating and friendly.

I arranged to have my husbands surprise bday party with Avista and would do it all over again. The event coordinators see that your requests are met and are so nice to work with. It was my first surprise party planning experience and I was very nervous, but they took care of everything and put my mind at ease.

The event was decorated beautifully, the guests all loved the food, and the bar was very accomodating on getting the guests what they requested.

The pool area is lovely and clean. The restaurant has a great breakfast.

One of my husbands gifts was a gift certificate to a restaurant in the area and we are already planning a nights stay at Avista for when we go to dinner.

Fun fun fun!

Thank you Avista for a wonderful stay and party!

• Liked — Service, cleanliness
  • Disliked — They don't let you stay longer than what you pay for. :-(
  • Stayed September 2007
8 Thank oinee
Manassas, VA
Reviewed 11 September 2007

Wow! Finally a place that actually measured up to what you saw online and the information we we're given. The Avista Resort is a place we will stay again and again! The rooms we're really nice in that they made great use of a small space. The lay out of the room was awesome! The bathroom is huge & nice! These bathrooms & accommodations were even better than some of the Hilton's I have stayed in. The kitchen was modern. The room was up-to-date. The view was incredible. What stood out the most was the cleanliness of the room!!!!! I am so tired of staying places were a million have come through obviously to stay and the places are not clean. Very high marks to the "maid service" and to management for realizing this is so important. The section of the beach where the resort is located is very nice. Here you are not far from a nice little town called Calabash- discover it. We loved it! We went on the boat tour-The Hurricane there. So worth it! Kids loved seeing the dolphins and the shrimp boat at work. Educational. Don't be fooled by others-this is the best! Thank you Avista! We WILL be back again! We have be vacationing at Myrtle Beach 20 years & this is the best of the best.

• Liked — Cleanliness! Rooms/ accomodations.Modern up-to-date decor. Ammenities.Great beach area.
  • Disliked — Loved everything!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
7 Thank imsuny
Boston,MA
Reviewed 10 September 2007

My husband, son and I stayed at the Avista from 8/23-8/27. It was our 1st time staying in Myrtle Beach and had read about the property on Trip Advisor. We booked a 2 bedroom/2 bath ocean front suite. The accommodations far exceeded our expectations. The unit was huge, very clean and had spectacular ocean views. We ate in the hotel dining room one evening and were very surprised by the excellent quality of the food and service. We also appreciated having a small kitchen. We loved the pools and beach. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2007
4 Thank barb0624
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 10 September 2007

We stayed at Avista from Tuesday, August 29-Friday, August 31, 2007. I had called another property looking for a room. The girl who answered informed me it had been torn down (to my disappointment), but offered me a room at Avista. Well, we're so glad we found this place! We had a one bedroom, oceanside room with king bed. We got a great deal with her so we were excited. We arrived and had no problem checking in. We had requested early checkin (with no fee) and our room was ready when we arrived at about 3pm. (an hour early) We were very happy with the accomodations. We were on floor 16. It was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. there was no evidence of other previous guests. Everything still looked very new (the property is only 2 years old). You walk in to a small living room with a two person sofa, a chair, 4 person dining table, TV, DVD Player, double murphy bed (we never pulled out-didn't need it), and the beautiful balcony. The balcony was very spacious, with two chairs and a small table and had a wonderful view! You go down the hall to the back of the building...the kitchen is in the hall. It's basically one wall of the hall with all the components. However, everything that you need is there for cooking. Large fridge, microwave, full range and oven, toaster, dishwasher, dishwasher detergent, dish towels, cooking and serveware. It was perfect. On the left of the hallway was the door to the bathroom. A good size, included a jacuzzi tub which I enjoyed. At the end of the hall was the bedroom (no windows, but the balcony light would reach it if you left the door open) with a king bed two nightstands, and another TV. We loved the room! They offer to clean everyday, you just have to stick out the door hanger. If you don't, they still come in and replace your towels and shampoos/etc. The hotel itself was also very nice. Snack/drink and ice machines every two floors. Restaurant and room service on site. Bar/lounge on site. We never ate there, but the menus looked good. Pool bar. Lazy river, pools, and jacuzzis inside and outside. The outside pools were very nice. Especially enjoyed the lazy river. We didn't feel the beach was crowded. Of course, we went late august during the week...The location is very convenient as well. Only a minute to 17 the main road. Parking was very tight in the deck across the street, but was sufficient. I felt sorry for the large SUVS. There were activities for kids everyday. An office in the lobby was set up to help you book any shows you wanted to attend at discounted prices. Plus computer you could use the internet on for 15 min. We loved the resort and would highly reccommend it!

• Liked — Condo set up in rooms, great pools
  • Disliked — I guess the parking...but it was sufficient.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank arauth
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 6 September 2007

Stayed at the Avista Aug 26 - 30. After reading mostly good reviews about Avista, I figure I would give it a try. I am originally from South Carolina so I grew up with Myrtle Beach vacation experience. The last time I was at Myrtle Beach was during Sept. 11th 2001 with my wife. Now onto the hotel review. I found Avista looking like most of the candid photos posted on the internet. We arrived 2hrs earlier than expected (THANKS ALOT PRICELINE.COM FOR RE-BOOKING MY FLIGHT WITHOUT TELLING ME!). Guess what! Our room was ready, so we checked-in. The check-in process was very straight-forward and simple and with three elevators our wait time was minimal (even on the 12th floor). The hotel room was adequately large, clean and tidy with a great view of the ocean. The room washer/dryer is not very time efficient but as long as you do small loads you are okay. I did notice that the one bedroom room flat-screen TV reception seemed a little fuzzy, but we were at the beach to enjoy the beach. The parking garage is tight but manageable for a hotel of this size. I visited the Island Vista during this trip and found the parking garage to have more driving space from deck to deck but getting into the parking spaces took more work. Other than the sound of a young child running and crying in the hallway at 7am for 10 minutes one day, the noise level at the Avista was very low. The outdoor pool area was cleaned daily and the pool crowds were small (in the morning), large (at noon) and medium (in the evening). I payed closer attention to this since we saw a small jellyfish (i think it was dead?) on our very first day walking on the beach. And with a small child we decided to spend more water time at the pool. Be careful, we heard of at least 3 persons (two were small children) being stung by jellyfish. All in all Avista is a resort I could see us going to again and would recommend it for families. It is a hike of ~30 minutes from MB's famous Broadway at the Beach, but is located in a quiet and decent area of North Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank AJTIGER
Penna.
Reviewed 29 August 2007

My husband I arrived on Saturday, August 18, 2007. While waiting for the room, we immediately went to the pool area. The pool area needs attention. From Saturday until Wednesday, the pools were cloudy and unclean. The pool area needs swept everyday. It was obvious that they were not being maintained. Wednesday and Thursday the pools looked better but still needed a good cleaning. The Lazy River also needs cleaned.
Several other tourist spoke about the dirty and cluttered conditions.

They have rules posted for the swimming area that were ignored because there are no lifeguards or managers overseeing the area.

Be prepared for a longer then usual wait for an elevator. There just aren't enough of them to serve the number of people at the hotel. It was very fustrating on arrival and departure days.

The people who work at the hotel are very friendly but it was glaring that they need more help. There seemed to be no management in charge or aware of customer concerns.

There is parking across the street from the hotel. We did not mind that at all.

The rooms were nice and they were kept clean.

Overall, the hotel was disappointing and we plan no future stays there.

• Liked — The view of the ocean.
  • Disliked — The pool area.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PennaTraveler136
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#7 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#17 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Avista Resort? Share your experiences!