“Excellent View, walk-out beach front”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tricia Lynn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Myrtle Beach
Tricia Lynn Motel
Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Excellent View, walk-out beach front”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

Older 2-story, no elevators, exterior entry doors, outdoor pool, spacious rooms, No Hair Dryers!! We had a 2nd floor room with a great view of the beach, after we carried our luggage up the exterior stairs. The room was actually studio-type with living room/kitchen combo and a separate bedroom and separate bathroom. The rooms were CLEAN and older in need of updating and the a/c was a window unit. The bath was older with No hair dryer and No electrical outlets! The view was Fantastic! and the pool was ok too. Was the most expensive place we stayed for the entire 10 days. Would go again, but at a lower rate, was $198 as we checked in after 8pm without a reservation.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank AnEastCoastTraveler

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2009

My family and I have stayed at the Tricia Lynn several times, and while it is a little dated, you can't beat it! The staff is very hospitable, the motel is clean and roomy, and it is on the beach at a reasonable price. The location is great as well. Many thanks to the owners for making our vacations very enjoyable!!!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank beachbabies3
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2008

It is a small 2 story motel from the 60's but has a very cozy feel to it. The open porch balconies are a great way to meet the other guests. Our unit had a kitchen and over looked the pool area. While the furnishings were dated, they were clean and in good condition. The location is great for getting on the beach and a close walk to Barefoot Landing was very enjoyable.

While its not a fancy resort, we found it quite enjoyable and the family that runs it was more than hospitable.
Would definely return.

• Liked — location and friendlyness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank nmb46
North East NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2007

My husband and I had a room at the Carriage House as we were traveling with dogs. When I booked the room, the gentleman didn't want to let me have a room because of the dog hair.My dogs were crated while in the room. He should have been concerned about the cleanliness of the room. The stove had not been cleaned, The kitchen and bathroom floors had not seen a cleaning in at least 5 years, very sticky and dirty. I was told that the carpet was new this summer, may have been, but it was filthy. I walked across the floor with a pair of white socks on, they were actually black on the bottoms. This is the quencher, I had to make use of the bathroom at 2:am, turned the bathroom light on and there was the biggest roach in the tub that I have ever seen in my life. I took a picture of it. Nasty!! It made by skin crawl. It was left so that the owners/cleaners could see. I started packing immediately, only having one day of a 5 day vacation. I told the owner about the situation and of course the response was that the room was cleaned, etc. etc. On top of all of this, they would not refund any on my money "I'm sorry but we can't refund any money" Never, ever, again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Newfymom

Travellers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

WV
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2007

We have been staying at the Tricia Lyn and Carriage House for many years and have always had a pleasant experience until this year. I am not sure if the management has changed or what the problem is, but I can assure you that it is not what we are used to from the Tricia Lyn. Our room had a smell and was very dirty. I will probably return next year, however if things are not back to the way they were that will be the last.

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank socks998
NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2006

This had to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed at period! There was construction right beside our room that consisted of a skill saw and loud music early on Saturday AND SUNDAY morning. The room was in need of cleaning. The toilet was not bolted to the floor and would move a little when you sat down. The kitchen sink leaked into the floor. The stairs were very weak and made you afraid you would fall. The water went from hot to cold throughout your shower. There was no toiletries items other than bar soap and toilet paper (2 rolls for your stay). During our stay the maintenance man brought the bug man through to spray for ROACHES! The people were friendly but this hotel definitely needs some maintenance. I wouldn't suggest this hotel to anyone! The budget price wasn't worth the stay. Spend a little more and get a nicer, more relaxing vacation.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank chattykat
Glade Valley,NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2006

Do not stay at this motel if you want to get any sleep. We had a room on the bottom floor and the people in the room above us made so much noise we could get no sleep and the manager would not give us a refund I will NEVER stay at this motel again Hopefully they will tear this place down!!!!

• Stayed July 2006