“Clearly the worse place I've ever stayed at.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Orangeburg
Naples, Florida
“Clearly the worse place I've ever stayed at.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

It was close to 1045p and having been driving for hours we decided to find a hotel. There were about 5 choices at this exit off I-26. We made the mistake of choosing this property. It was 11pm changing shift time at the front desk. But it wouldn't have made much difference...they were both not very friendly. When you first walk in the room -smelled like mold. That should have been the que to walk right out and find another place but we were so exhausted. Went in to shower and I guess at the QI, they don't offer hot showers after 11!! Took a cold one anyways. The bedding was awful. I slept with no covers. The bed felt like you were in quicksand. The AC was blowing out nasty, smelly air. The TV remote was no where to be found. Overall experience was beyond crappy.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
ELYRIA
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We got a suite in the separate building in the back, a king size bed with a large sitting area. Either this room was recently remodeled or not used often, but we were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the furnishings. The carpet was vacuumed, and not worn, it had a flat screen tv, a mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean, but the shower surround did need to be caulked. The breakfast area was neat and clean. They served bagels, toast, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, yogurt, 3 kinds of cereal and oatmeal. They also had a make-your-own waffle bar. Don't know how the rooms are in the main building, but room 244 was good. There is a seafood restaurant next door, as well as a Fatz, a Chick-fil-a, and a Ruby Tuesday within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our family lost our rock-my grandmother. Relatives came to Orangeburg from out of state. The GM of this location gave our entire family a bereavement rate and made sure all our rooms were in close proximity. The rooms were ok...I've seen worse, but the staff found my daughter's iPad she left accidentally and called me right away. This may not be the 'Ritz' but I would take great customer service over a fancy $300/night suite anytime. BTW, I stayed in an Embassy Suite in Canada - Niagara Falls and the front desk service was very disappointing/rude. Thank you to the staff of Quality Inn -St Matthews Rd Orangeburg.

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A friend and myself broke down on the interstate, and tried to get a room and they claimed that their hotel policy stated that no one under the age of 21 could stay there, i was only 18 at the time and was not able to stay. The staff there claimed that no other place in town would have room or allow us to stay. So i promptly left and went right across the street to the Southern lodge where i was able to get a room for my friend and i for the night.
Do not even bother with this place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sinclairville
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have been in the cleaning services industry for decades and was appalled at th filthy and run-down conditions of the room. There was a band-aid on the tub shelf. There are boogers on the bathroom walls. The carpet is dirty and torn. However I saw no bugs and the desk service was excellent and so was the breakfast. The room has not been vacuumed properly in months because there is a huge build up of soil and food in the corners and on the edges. The whole room FEELS dirty and grimey. The cleaning staff needs to be TAUGHT how to clean because they just may not understand how to clean properly
As everyone's idea of clean is different. I also suspect that I did not have clean sheets. Sorry for the bad review. I've never done this before as I used to be a maid myself but this room was extreme

• Stayed June 2014
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Other hotels in the area were full. So we stayed one night here. Not nice, run down. A shame because it could be nicer. Corporate should look into this one. The people were nice, but this place needs some attention. I would not want to stay again.

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TN
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stay here for a convention. It was awful we had roaches in our room, the tub was dirty the floor was nasty, they did put us in a different room but then charged us for the upgrade. REALLY. I have several friends that have also stayed at this hotel they all have had bad experiences and would never stay here again. The staff try to accommodate us the best they could.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business