“Storm Stay Made Bearable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Orangeburg
Springfield
“Storm Stay Made Bearable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I travelled to SC from Virginia to check on my house in Oragngeburg which had received damage so I could not stay in it. I called the reservation line and I was given very friendly assistance and booked at the Orangeburg Holiday Inn Express. My stay was superior from begiining to end on both nights. The rooms were clean and comfortable and affodably priced.I would stay there again without reservation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OrangeburgScManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your review will hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

The location is ideal. It's close to the interstate. It has a large parking lot which is essential when hauling college sports teams around the country in a bus.

The rooms are large and clean. The staff is quite friendly. Breakfast is adequate. I'd stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed February 2014
Fountain Inn, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed here recently for one night. The room was updated, huge and clean....microwave, frig, nice TV, coffee pot, ironing board, etc. The king-sized bed was extremely comfortable and clean, as was the room. The breakfast area was also updated, extremely clean, and many choices, including eggs, biscuits, bacon, sausage, cereal, hot and cold, pancakes and fresh fruit. Only complaint is that the shower didn't have a lot of force or hot enough water. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. We didn't complain about the water, but I suspect if we did, they would try to do something about it. Nice stay. :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I am staying here this weekend and the room and bathroom are nice and clean. The room has a microwave and small fridge plus a couch area and desk. Nice room for the money. I will definitely stay here again. Hot breakfast in the morning also that is complimentary.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had a great experience there last night. The clerk at the front desk was very nice. When my kids saw our room they were very excited because it was HUGE!

I saw a previous review that said that they had bedbugs but I did a thorough mattress check and saw absolutely no sign of the little critters. Phew! The beds are really comfortable and I loved the pillows. The room was very clean, which is good because I get creeped out very easily by hotel dirt.

There was a mixup regarding the pet policy but it was handled very well and we are so incredibly grateful for that!

The breakfast was yummy - they had real scrambled eggs and not those odd egg puck thingies that I see so often at breakfast bars.

Overall, we had a great experience! I thought it was pricey when I made the reservation but once arriving, we saw that it was worth paying a little extra for.

Room Tip: If you are an incredibly light sleeper you may want to get a room on the odd numbered side of the ho...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bentillian
OrangeburgScManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
thanks for your feedback
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Not a bad stay in Orangeburg, beds comfortable, the 2 queen bed room was very roomy. But, I want to talk about my experience with breakfast. First, I wish breakfast had gone later than 9:30, on vacation I don't want to get up early and 9:30 is too early to end it. (most hotels now end at 10 and 11 on weekends) Even though I got there at 9:05, the African-American breakfast attendant told me she was out of sausage gravy and wasn't making any more. She was somewhat friendly but not overly helpful especially since I really wanted some sausage gravy and biscuits. But, oh, when a whole group of African-American people came down at 9:50 (twenty minutes after when the breakfast was supposedly closed) she made a big to-do for them and brought out more food, etc. I felt like there was a little racial favoritism going on...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank squeege777
OrangeburgScManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear guest thank you for your feedback. We do serve breakfast from 6:30-9:30am daily. Although our gravy is a favorite item it does take about 40 minutes to prepare. I will discuss we breakfast host to make sure she has ample gravy to last till 9:30... If you are visiting again please email me at Elizabeth@guestwelcome.com we will make sure you stay will be excellent including sausage gravy and biscuits. Our guest are important to us because you are very special people. look forward to seeing you soon.
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Yes, this hotel has bed bugs. I went to the room of my family members and my niece said that a tick was on her pillow. She also said that they saw one the previous night. I covered the bug with a tissue and took the pillow to the front desk. The clerk did not know what kind of bug it was so I taped the bug to a sheet of paper so that the issue could be addressed with management. We had to leave out and got a call later confirming that it was a bed bug and my nieces were moved to another room. Their clothes were heat treated and they sanitized the infested room (whatever that meant). This didn't do anything to help any of us, emotionally, because we were all paranoid after that. Getting another hotel was not an option on this particularly busy weekend. The room I had was furnished with worn, dirty upholstered furniture and battered wooden items. The ceiling was stained from an apparent leak. The linens were fresh and the bathroom was properly cleaned. We did not have hot water on Saturday morning and were given a little consideration for the inconvenience. The problem was resolved later in the day. I have staying in two hotels in Orangeburg and had major issues with both. If you do not have to stay in Orangeburg, I would suggest driving further and stopping in Santee, Columbia, or Charleston depending on the direction you are going.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family