“Very Disappointing Experience”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Orangeburg
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The initial appearance - external and lobby was very positive. The beds were fine but the furniture in the room was bad - desk chair missing one caster; sofa too dirty to sit on; desk and tables were badly marred and dirty/dusty. Should add, received two bites during the night from some critter. Employees were friendly and the breakfast was fine. Would not stay again in its present condition - way over priced.
Marlan C

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
OrangeburgScManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear valued guest we are still in process of renovating we should be installing our new furniture and complete our flooring by mid 2014. We hope you will try us again after this time. We are anxious to here your feedback.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Booked site un-seen. Impressed with the rooms. Large, clean, with plenty of working space. Internet is very fast with no interruptions. Walking distance to many restaurants and convenient store across the lot.

Working 2nd shift hours I never heard the cleaning staff one time as they were working. and never had a knock on the door.

I plan on booking for 3 more weeks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I travelled to SC from Virginia to check on my house in Oragngeburg which had received damage so I could not stay in it. I called the reservation line and I was given very friendly assistance and booked at the Orangeburg Holiday Inn Express. My stay was superior from begiining to end on both nights. The rooms were clean and comfortable and affodably priced.I would stay there again without reservation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
OrangeburgScManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your review will hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

The location is ideal. It's close to the interstate. It has a large parking lot which is essential when hauling college sports teams around the country in a bus.

The rooms are large and clean. The staff is quite friendly. Breakfast is adequate. I'd stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed here recently for one night. The room was updated, huge and clean....microwave, frig, nice TV, coffee pot, ironing board, etc. The king-sized bed was extremely comfortable and clean, as was the room. The breakfast area was also updated, extremely clean, and many choices, including eggs, biscuits, bacon, sausage, cereal, hot and cold, pancakes and fresh fruit. Only complaint is that the shower didn't have a lot of force or hot enough water. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. We didn't complain about the water, but I suspect if we did, they would try to do something about it. Nice stay. :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I am staying here this weekend and the room and bathroom are nice and clean. The room has a microwave and small fridge plus a couch area and desk. Nice room for the money. I will definitely stay here again. Hot breakfast in the morning also that is complimentary.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had a great experience there last night. The clerk at the front desk was very nice. When my kids saw our room they were very excited because it was HUGE!

I saw a previous review that said that they had bedbugs but I did a thorough mattress check and saw absolutely no sign of the little critters. Phew! The beds are really comfortable and I loved the pillows. The room was very clean, which is good because I get creeped out very easily by hotel dirt.

There was a mixup regarding the pet policy but it was handled very well and we are so incredibly grateful for that!

The breakfast was yummy - they had real scrambled eggs and not those odd egg puck thingies that I see so often at breakfast bars.

Overall, we had a great experience! I thought it was pricey when I made the reservation but once arriving, we saw that it was worth paying a little extra for.

Room Tip: If you are an incredibly light sleeper you may want to get a room on the odd numbered side of the ho...