“Great place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Seafood Academy - CLOSED

The Seafood Academy
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We dropped in for dinner on our way home to NC. We were impressed the second we walked through the door. The staff is very friendly. Jasmine and Vania are wonderful. I even asked for the owner to compliment her personally. I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. We will be back ourselves

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank tadpole1076

Santee, South Carolina
“Great Food Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My mother and I decided to dine at the Seafood Academy on July 8, 2014. We ordered shrimp and oysters and the ayce crab legs. Our food was absolutely wonderful and our service was great. I asked our server for another order of crab legs and after that she watched our table and would bring them out on her own. Our server "Jasmine" was very attentive and made our dining experience a pleasure. She thanked us for dining at the Seafood Academy and invited us to come back. This is a really nice restaurant and it is pleasure to dine here. Thanks Jasmine for taking care of us. We will definately visit you again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good food, disorganized service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I have driven by this place many times but decided to give it a try tonight. I really liked the atmosphere in the restaurant and the hostess was very friendly but the wheels fell off shortly thereafter. It was nearly a ten minute wait from the time I was seated until my waiter appeared, considering the place was barely half full I thought this was excessive. I ordered the lobster bisque and seafood platter. The bisque took nearly twenty minutes to make it to the table and it was cold so the search began, again, for my elusive waiter. Five minutes later he brought out a bowl of hot lobster bisque along with my entree. A major no-no in most decent restaurants but not here. The bisque was very good. I had shrimp, scallops and flounder - the flounder was hot and delicious but the shrimp and scallops were Luke warm. Its like the front of the house and the back of the house could never get in sync.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank joefromjohnsisland
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great service and offerings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Here on business this week and was pleased to find a very good offering of more than fish and great service. Good bar area. Chris especially did well in taking care of me and my order. Very close walking to all hotels and Wi-Fi offered. A very decent alternative to the chain restaurants nearby.

White House, Tennessee
“Good food. Great service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The food was very good. Atmosphere good. Our server Jasmine, was very good! She was delightful, full of energy.

• Visited May 2014