“Decent stay for one night”
Review of Southern Lodge

Southern Lodge
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Orangeburg
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Pretty good overall, the front desk staff was friendly. Nice breakfast in the morning. Room could have been a little cleaner - I found a beer bottle cap next to my bed, and I did have a roach crawl across my bed which almost gave me a heart attack. I can overlook the bug though - those things happen. We paid $60 for one night using the coupon in the South Carolina travel hotel guide. I wouldn't pay anymore than that for what you get.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great hotel with a friendly staff and exceptional clean rooms. When I arrived I was greeted by the front desk staff opening the door for me. During my check-in the clerk was very accommodating and helpful. The owner is on the premises most of the day and makes sure the guest have everything that they need during their stay. The rooms are exceptionally clean with a flat screen TV, coffee in every room, comfortable bed, hair dryer and most of all a very safe place to stay. Great rates, exceptionally clean, safe environment, close to interstate and a very friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Wasn't sure about stopping here as it isn't a name we were familiar with. As we walked up to the door we were greeted as the door was opened for us. The hospitality by the women at the desk was wonderful. The room was very clean and very comfortable. The breakfast that was provided, although most of the items had to be microwaved, was enjoyable and there were many items to choose from. We only stayed the one night as we were only passing through. I would definitely stay here again. We used one of the coupons provided at the Welcome Center which made the great rate that much better!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Iiesha at the front desk was wonderful from the moment we stepped in until we checked out two days later. Everything we needed was there.

Originally I was going to stay at my clutch hotel the Holiday Inn, but they were sold out along with the other big brand hotels on the strip.

Southern lodge was chosen by default but will be my first choice if I decide to visit this lovely small town again in the future.

Thanks for a great time for my girlfriend and I. And thanks for the free cookies and restaurant recommendation!! Hymens Seafood in charleston really is amazing.

:))

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The young lady opened the door as we approached and welcomed us. Room very good, micro, frig, clean.
New flat screen TV, first floor (all rooms) discounts.

The breakfast was way better than average, with a hostess .

A must stop the next time through.

Room Tip: Great value
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We are member of Hilton and stay there most of the time , this hotel staff by far put all the hotels we stay at to shame , the two girls Tanika and Ieesha are first class we travel to Tn. alot this will beour hotel to stop at from now on

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is the way a front desk should be run! Big smiles, helpful and courteous, and assistance above and beyond to make sure all was well with the room. The basket of everything from a comb, and a razor to a toothbrush and toothpaste and other toiletries in the room was a nice touch. Not the" tip top" cleanest and shiny, it's age is showing...but well worth the price, around 50 bucks, and the self serve breakfast allows you to put together a healthy meal if you like hard boiled eggs and a bagel and maybe fruit cup and yogurt. But it was the Staff that made the stay a "I would return" night!

Room Tip: the Cracker Barrel just down the road was a nice added incentive....
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business