“Consistently excellent”

Mel Sole Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Pawleys Plantation, a Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course 30 minutes south of Myrtle Beach. 3-day schools, 1 and 2-day programs, private lessons, and 2-hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs also available. Stay & play on-site with our 'Best Ever Golf School' package or attend as a Commuter Student. Computerized video analysis and personal take-home video via CD or email. A GOLF Magazine "TOP 25 USA Golf Schools" since 1991.
Kensington, Maryland, United States
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I just completed my third golf school over the last ten years with Mel Sole.

The enthusiasm, interest, knowledge, positivism, and energy that Mel exudes in all his instruction is as strong as ever.

Mel simplifies the complex, no matter the skill and experience level -- from lifelong golfer to adult beginner. His insightful video analyses are very valuable both during the school and also afterwards in helping you to follow through with the benefits of your instruction.

I have received lots of instruction over my 50 years of golfing, including from several "Top 100" teachers, but none has been better than Mel Sole.

Kensington, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“once again, excellent!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was my second time to the Golf School. Within a few short minutes on day 1 Mel was able to tell me exactly what was still 'good' and what needed to be changed, and (most importantly) tell me how to improve.
The three mornings were divided into swing, pitching, chipping/putting with adequate time to practice and start to acquire good habits.
The video analysis of my swings was priceless.
I highly recommend this to all - whether you are a beginner or returning to refresh you game, unlearn bad habits.

Falls Church, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great School”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great facility, quality time with Mel as my instructor. Tailored lesson to focus on swing faults in all facets of the game and very helpful tips on how to practice and improve. Will definitely come back again to continue to get instruction. Very good video analysis as well.

Brampton, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bring hope and enthusiasm back to your game”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Spent three days at the Mel Sole Golf School in Pawley's Island. I've had many lessons over the years but none were as good as this. Plenty of teachers can show you what to do, but few can actually help you produce a better swing. There is no doubt working with Tim for three days has been one of the golf highlights of my life. I couldn't believe how many friends asked how I had improved so much as they watched me hit great shots upon my return. I now know what I need to do to get ready to hit a shot. I have far more confidence as I stand over the shot. I have a specific practice routine when I go the the range and I understand what went wrong when I hit a poor shot. If you want to improve your game, at any age, spoil yourself and attend Mel Sole's Golf School.

New Philadelphia, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A great learning experience that was fun and rewarding.”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was my 3rd trip to Mel's school, and each time I learn more about my swing and how to correct faults that have crept in. Mel is a great teacher and very patient with each student. You can tell he really cares and wants to help each student as much as possible. I will definitely be going back next year! The facilities are great at Pawely's Plantation, and they treat you so well there too. If you are serious about improving your game, you should really take advantage of having such a great teacher as Mel. Learning from a Master Professional is just awesome. Mel is a lot of fun too, making jokes, telling stories, and suggests the best places to eat and stay. Thanks Mel....

2 Thank golfnmusic