“After years away, I'm impressed!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hog Heaven BBQ & Raw Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Georgetown, South Carolina, United States
“After years away, I'm impressed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

It had been several years since visiting here. A lot has changed.

The eating area has expanded. There's an inside bar and outside bar. Great tables to dine at, too.

My friend and I ate outside and enjoyed the buffet. Not one thing I had was bad. The BBQ was sauced just right and the all-you-can-eat shrimp was seasoned a little differently than what you'll traditionally find in seafood eateries, so that's a plus if you are looking for something different from the norm.

Very impressed with the layout (new to me). Will definitely be back.

Baldwin City, Kansas
“South Carolina BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

An interesting experience. As a Kansas City resident I have tasted several very good BBQ meals. The ribs were very tender with a tangy vinegar flavor.

Visited May 2014
“You're kidding. Right??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This place should be closed down by the health dept. it is so dirty. The food is awful. I couldn't even eat the barbecue pork. It was pure vinegar. The Mac n cheese was dried out. The apple was anything but crisp. No one helped us or seemed to care about us. The buffet was dirty and old. Ugh. Do not go. Please

3 Thank ConsAff
Richmond, KY
“Hog Heaven = Human He((”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Had I not been so hungry and the food so good, I would have escaped right after the gum-chewing waitress (with her long unkempt hair) couldn't be bothered to bring me a straw. Instead, she pointed to some vague spot that was three barstools away so I could wrestle one out of the re-purposed mayonnaise squirt bottle (!). She stood around indiscriminately ignoring the other lunchtime customers and then complained to me that someone asked if more chicken were on its way. They were down to three breasts when I took one, but what did she care?
The nice young man behind the bar refilled my tea glass twice (great fresh tea, by the way--sorry I could not find you to go back and tip you personally, sir) while the unmotivated waitress was on the patio chatting with two other women (who also seemed uninformed about southern hospitality). The black lady chef was very nice and personable when I told her this was my first visit; the man in the orange refilling the buffet seemed annoyed when I stopped to ask about the greens and compliment the food. Maybe he was just wearing the Clemson shirt without being an alum.
Paying my bill was another ordeal as I did not receive a check and the lone cashier was in the middle of prepping a large take-out order. Devil forbid the waitress cash me out at the table or they put another person up front to ease the congestion! Not so surprisingly, they do not take DISCOVER cards, but I would have paid with my emergency $20 just to get out of that drab-looking inferno without so much as a fire-pit for atmosphere! I drive by at least twice a week and will risk a speeding ticket next time before I consider returning or recommending Hog and Human He (anything but Heaven!)

Washington
“Shrimp and fried chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Just enough breading to make you feel guilty for eating fried. Can't imagine better shrimp or chicken. Service is spotty. Would have had several more drinks if the waitress was more attentive. Disappointed that no oysters were available. Will go back.

Visited April 2014