“Service excellent- food not so much”
Review of JD'S Steakhouse and Pasta - CLOSED

JD'S Steakhouse and Pasta
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

Sadly excellent service doesn't make up for the food. My wife and I visited JD's last weekend during our movie night out. We chose to sit in the dining room as they were having a jazz band in the bar section. It was 7:30 on a Saturday night and there were 4 tables with people seated. Our waitress, Cheryl, was pleasant and efficient. We started with drinks and ordered the Stuffed Mushroom appetizer. Totally tasteless. The bread that was brought to the table was dry and spongy at the same time like it had been microwaved. I ordered the Osso Boco which was covered in this thick tomato paste sauce. After I scraped off the paste, I enjoyed the meat. The mashed potato side was nothing to write home about either. My wife ordered the Filet- Pittsburg Rare. She enjoyed her steak. I would not make the 17 mile drive to eat here again. Not worth the money they charge.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Cozy up to the bar,meet the owners and relax in one of four dining ares to enjoy a great steak and casual ambiance. Kevin is one of the ares top mixologists and sources of info.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I'm not one to complain but this place was not good! Overpriced, chicken was like rubber, fries were cold.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

This place lived up to the good reviews here on Tripadvisor. I have lived in the area for 3 years now and this was the best prime rib I've found so far. The only issue I have is the rest rooms need updating and maybe a cleaning once in a wile would be nice.

Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Ate here for a family dinner on vacation. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Food was OK; not bad but nothing great or special given the prices compared to other restaurants in the area. We had the ribeye, fillet and a medley of chicken, pork, and beef. Also didn't think the menu had enough variety for our family. All 4 of us had trouble identifying something on the menu that we really wanted so most of us went with steak. All in all, it was an ok dinner in a very friendly atmosphere.