“I was very pissed off by this place!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My brother had made a reservation there for us. When we got there to check in they tell us that it was not paid for and we needed to pay for it. We were thinking, "I thought my brother paid for this room." Come to find out the night before we left, he did pay for the room for us, about $200 some. We went to the managers office to get our money back and they told us they couldn't do anything about it. So they lied to us and told us the room was not paid for and when we found out it was they would not give us our money back. We were extremely pissed by this point. The room that we were in stunk really bad and our bathroom was very dirty. The motel is owned by a Pakistani guy. When our room was cleaned while we were gone, all that was done was the beds were made, nothing else was cleaned. So we stayed at a bad motel and got screwed!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I began staying at this motel in 1990 when it was a Ramada Inn. Changed ownership 3-4-5 times since. Advertised price starting at $39.99 on 2 internet sites. Lowest price on June 30 was $53. Promised 1st floor, got 2nd. Tub didn't drain. Electrical outlet in bathroom went out. Nite attendant was disgusting. Slept in personal sleeping bag and pillow. Location to Pawley's Plantation only advantage. Coffee in lobby luke warm. Now owned by a person of South Asian descent-Pakistani or Indian.With every ownership change I have seen a downgrade in services and less upkeep of the property. Except for price and location, I would not recommend staying at this motel. Left one day early.

Room Tip: There are no "good" rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ed S
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Furniture in room was in poor condition, remotes to the TV's (1) broken, (1) No Batteries, backs were missing from both (manager provided batteries and placed tape over the back!) Phone did not work, spoted roaches on the intertainment center. Cigarette burns in the comforter, towel racks were loose and coming apart, hangers were held together by electrical tape. Bed was too low to the ground and the mattresses were extremely uncomfortable! There wasnt enough towels (Maid stated that she would have to wash more!). Carpets were stained and dirty, entry door was weathered and coming apart. (NO KIDDING! We stayed in room 116) WIFI was only available from the parking lot area. Pool was empty of water but was full of trash and mold! A couple of our Motorcycles were vandalized over night. This hotel was like a scene from a horror movie! I would never recommend it even to my worst enemy! Stayed because there was nothing else available for a group of 12 during bike week!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gary Meshell F
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I've stayed here in September for the last two years. I LOVE the staff. They are incredibly accommodating and all have a sense of humor. Whether the internet needs rebooting, a room change is needed, a key card goes awry, or I keep going down to the desk to extend my stay anyone who works here is happy to help. I LOVE the price and my dog is kindly welcomed. One minute from the island!!! GREAT MOTEL. GREAT!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank corgilove_12
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We booked our reservation online months in advance and we reserved a room with a King bed. We arrived at about 11pm on the first night of our reservation. Does the desk staff have any kind of dress code to follow? I realize that it was the night shift, but still... Anyway, we were given a room with a Queen bed. When my wife called the desk to inquire about this (just a few minutes after check-in) she was told that all of the King bed rooms had already been taken. I'm sorry, but if we reserved this MONTHS in advance, why wouldn't you hold it?

The microwave didn't work. At all. The fridge didn't work. The bathroom had a bent towel rack that had the screws on one end hanging out of the wall. The bathroom mirror was the kind that tilts forward for handicapped access, and it was only held to the wall by one hinge on the right-hand side. The left hinge was detached from the mirror. The remote control was missing the battery cover and the batteries kept falling out. All of these things are basics that should be covered by maintenance. If you doubt me, go check. We were in room 122. I should also mention that there were multiple cigarette burns through the comforter in this "non-smoking" room.

We were not given any kind of refund by the front desk and paid for a King room while we stayed in a Queen room. I will definitely be contacting Guest Relations and will NOT recommend this location to anyone looking to vacation in the area. Is your safety worth saving a few bucks a night? Mine isn't.

Room Tip: No room here is a "good room"
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Rick M
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Usually stay in upper-echelon hotels but we booked late... very late... considering it was the wk of 4th of July.... approx $240 including taxes/fees for 5 days 4nights !!! That's TOTAL for all 4 nights in 2012! PLUS we have 2 (TWO) big dogs... dogs stay free btw. Anywhere else is at minimum $20 per night per dog on top of everything (max 80/night/dog) so this seemed almost too good to be true. True it was though and we were happy just to find a place to stay. As for the room...
As for the room, I usually stay much nicer but it appeared and smelled very clean! (They even wash top comforter). Rooms were well cleaned and felt fresh and comfortable despite it being an obviously older motel. I was especially impressed with the staff.. For such a bargain motel I expected a s#!% hole but got much more and left after 4 nights as a happy customer... Best value in MB area!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bryant R
Rick W, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Bryant R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay. I'm glad we were able to make you stay afforable for the holiday weekend. I will share with my staff and thank you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

If you want to throw away all of your clothes and electronics when you get home, please by all means come here. First of all we were supposed to be in a room with 2 queen beds. We get to our room and we have a full size bed and a pull out couch. Our room was also supposed to be non smoking and the room we get stinks of cigarettes! We ask the front desk clerk, who was at least friendly enough, bit she says that the one suite they have is dirty and won't be cleaned till tomorrow. The phone is stuck to the night stand with something gross, the walkways are filthy, the pillows aren't even square anymore, the toilet is nasty, and the overall area is shady as all get out. I told my husband, next time we are on our way here to remind me so I cam bring a pillow and blanket and sleep in my car.

• Stayed: May 2012