“Excellent food!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was visiting Myrtle Beach with the family and heard about Caffe Piccolo. We were told the 25 minute drive was well worth and it truly was! Best Italian food I have had outside of my grandmother's kitchen! Make sure you leave room for dessert or at least take some to go, you'll regret it if you don't!

1  Thank Alexis P

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have wanted to try Caffe Piccolo for some time, and recently when some friends were visiting, it seemed like a good time. We met for lunch and sat outside, and in spite of the warm weather, it was very pleasant. The outdoor tables are arranged in an attractive terraced garden, and they have large umbrellas that provide shade. The server, Andie, was excellent ... very welcoming and helpful. My friends both chose the special which consisted of scallops on a bed of pasta, and they agreed it was a delicious choice. I had the portobello panini with sun-dried tomatoes and gorgonzola ... and it was absolutely amazing! One friend and I had side salads with balsamic dressing, and they were tasty, too. The other friend had a cup of the tomato basil soup, and in spite of the warmness of the day, she said it was wonderful. Overall, we enjoyed our lunch in a beautiful setting, and we will recommend Caffe Piccolo to everyone!

1  Thank Winyah
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This place is incredible the service was exceptional and the food was just as good. Best Alfredo I've ever had. Loved the entire experience and can't wait to return!

1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Quiet, quaint place to dine, a hidden gem of a place. Standard Italian fare. Portions are enough for 2. Wife and I dined with a well trained staff. JR was on the job about 3 weeks and knew his stuff. Opted for 2 appetizers and salads and we had a wonderful sorbet... the dessert was #1... a quartered mix of 3 different flavored sorbets within a shell of white chocolate. The salads are skinny for $8. My Cesar was a very small side salad and if you order the Gluten Free bread, be prepared to pay an additional $4. I would opt for the regular bread or no-bread at all... the gluten free was tasteless and doughy although purported to have come right out of the oven.

My wife's Sausage and Broccoli Rabe was the top pick of the evening. This small-plate trumped my stuffed eggplant dish. However, her tomato basil soup was a miss.

Seating outside was very pleasant and there was enough white noise that drowned out the road noise of the very close Hwy 17. The surrounding garden was so very pleasant, no-see-ums were at a minimum.

SaleebScore: Food 8.5/10; Service: 7/10 (our waiter was a bit new and the hostess had to come by to fill up our water goblets); Value: 6/10, we thought it was a bit on the expensive side for what you got, however the $6 dessert was worth its weight in gold.

+++

FYI: Il cibo era molto buono ma costoso = The food was good, but expensive.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I ate out on the patio at Caffe Piccolo today for the first time. I don't do gluten and they were very accommodating. The waitress, Andy, was so friendly! She made great suggestions and was very attentive. Everything tasted great! I can't wait to go back!

2  Thank Carla J