“Great southern food...to go!!”

Get Carried Away Southern Takeout
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I recommend checking the specials menu and swinging by this amazing take out restaurant specializing in southern food. They step out of the "southern box" as well, for example I had their chicken parm and it was great!! In addition, make sure you pick up some Palmetto Cheese and grab some of their homemade baked goods (Sweet Potato Brownies).
Looking forward to their Shrimp & Grits this Thursday night.

1  Thank CPHVirginia

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I found out about this place via Palmetto Cheese on Facebook! As my hubby and I were going to be on vacation for 3 weeks (this past August) I thought why not! I was LUCKY to win a gift certificate from their Facebook posts. After settling into our condo @ True Blue, which is right down the street we stopped by to get some eats. Well, we not only got a chicken pot pie we heard people rave about, but also some potatoes, and of course some OMG dip and Palmetto Cheese! I had read on some posts here and FB that you do need to make sure the items for baking are completely thawed and really room temp. before baking~~that way they come out wonderful. We did have to cook the chicken pot pie a bit more, but we think it was the ovens fault. But let me tell you, it was probably the BEST POT PIE we had ever eaten! And we're from Vermont, the 'Chicken pot pie church supper capital of the US'!! It was creamy and super rick and delish, and FULL of wonderful chicken! They did NOT skimp on that chicken. And as it was a double crust even more delish! We did go back a few more times for things, and this chicken pot pie (the large) did make enough for our dinner for the 2 of us, and leftovers for lunch! Keep up the good work, and YES, I'm so glad I told everyone at True Blue back in August at the pools!! But I do know you got kinda slammed with orders 1 week... oopss!! But hey, sales are good right! So go, enjoy and find them tucked back in off the road. Enjoy good eats!

1  Thank BBQLuvR
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I thought this was a great idea- fresh food frozen on the go. I bought several items and cooked them as suggested and I did not really love any of them. Very convenient but not my style. I bought cinnamon buns and a pasta dish as well as other items. I have not been back.

1  Thank Victoria t
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I find it hard to cook when I am on vacation - Get Carried Away has dinner specials that are different every day and many regular menu items that are home cooked, delicious and ready to put on the table in front of a hungry family - no muss, no fuss and no kitchen! Plus, their pies are out of this world - especially the chocolate pecan pie - good for dinner and then breakfast and maybe even lunch if there is any left in the pan. Next time you are in Pawleys, go there. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Amy C
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Love they whole concept of dinner being ready after a long day. Just a few of my loves tomato pie,seafood pie Collard greens,meatloaf,low country boils and the desserts are to die for! to sum it up in one word EXCELLENT