“Nice stay for the price.”

Best Western Pawleys Island
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Rochester, New York
“Nice stay for the price.”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We were in the area for a funeral and I booked this hotel over the phone.
The rate was excellent, the front desk staff very nice then even let us check in early.
Close to the beach in a nice area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ACD50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 March 2012

During the check-in, I was told I had two rooms reserved via Expedia and would have to pay for both. I called Expedia and they had only one reservation--which is what I expected. They called the hotel and I was later told not to worry about it. We'll see.

The first room had the bed made, but dirty towels in the bathroom + a stray pill on the table. I was moved to another room, the person at the desk apologized but added "I have no control over that"; as if I thought she cleaned the rooms.

After walking out of the second room, I was greeted by a homeless person pushing her bicycle down the hall, with all her belongings piled on the back. I don't know if they let her take recyclables or what, but she came past the front desk; my colleague said they had a brief chat. She obviously is a regular. We later saw her sitting by the side of the road. This is not someplace I would use again.

Room Tip: Not the first floor, you may run into homeless people.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank R_lot_teas
Seattle
Reviewed 21 December 2011

If you're looking for a place to stay and don't want to spend tons of $$ for a place on Pawley's Island, this motel is great! It's right on Highway 17, and just a few minutes drive from Pawley's and the beach. And, this is the only hotel that I've ever stayed that has LMN as a part of their cable offerings!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Molly D
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here for a family reunion which was part of the time in Myrtle Beach and part of the time in Georgetown, SC. It was an ideal location, close to the beach and next to Fresh Foods.

The rooms are nicely appointed and clean and the property was quiet.

Definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Moderate price hotel in a resort area. I am a semi-regular there and I always am treated well. Typical H/I express breakfast fare. Location is convenient to many restaurants, and is a good choice for business ops in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Room was completely unclean. My husband first found an old bottle while looking for the remote. My two year old, while trying to help him, then found a used HYPODERMIC NEEDLE in the small space under the bed. We also found a band-aid wrapper and various other trash on the floor. Upon turning down the sheets in one bed, we discovered bright red blood on the sheets, of which I took a picture. The housekeepers proceeded to try to blame us instead of taking responsibility for their negligence. The executive housekeeper was very rude, as well as the manager who offered no solution or apology. When returning the evening after speaking to the manager, we found our door had been left cracked open by the housekeeping staff with all of our belongings in the room. Upon trying we found that this was hard to do as an accident, as the door swung shut very well. Even if it was an accident, it was a very careless and stupid one. I would never bring my child back to this disgusting place, and would NEVER recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank KmooreAIAR
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 July 2010

We stayed there during our trip along the east coast. Myrtle Beach is overpriced and too crowded so we decided to stay in Pawleys Island. Good location, maybe a mile from a beach, good restaurants around, and friendly staff. On the other side, the building and rooms are in need of cleaning. There was a strong smell of mold in our room and dark stains in the bathtub. There is no elevator.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Surfside Beach Resort
Surfside Beach Resort
#1 of 5 in Surfside Beach
Hampton Inn Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach Area

Been to Best Western Pawleys Island? Share your experiences!