“It was a pleasant stay”

Best Western Pawleys Island
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I stayed there this past memorial day weekend. We normally stay at the Marriott but evrything was booked due to bike week in myrtle beach. We ended up staying at this hotel. Honestly I was skeptical at first staying at this hotel. But, I was pretty satisfied with this hotel. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was good, and we only had to drive about 30 mins to the oceanfront. good hotel :-)

• Stayed: May 2012
There are newer reviews for Best Western Pawleys Island

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Several of us traveled to the area for Myrtle Beach bikeweek and were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We stayed two nights and slept great. They were very motorccycle friendly: allowing us to park under the awning in front. The front desk was very helpful and always polite. I will say this though, they do not have an elevator. That didn't bother us at all because it's only two floors, but if you are a handicapped traveler make sure you tell them at booking that you need a lower floor room. The hotel is right next to a fresh foods supermarket which is worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zpaul
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Big clean rooms,Ice Cold AC, lovely outdoor gazebo covered in honeysuckle,A very refreshing stay!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the first floor,very easy to unload and load car
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Staying in Pawleys Island for a birthday party for my nephew and decided to give this one a try. Arrived late and the hotel looked to be full. Entered and had no problems, night clerk was super friendly and seemed to be very efficient which is not something to take lightly any more with budget hotels. For the price I really enjoyed the stay. The room was extremely clean and no funky odors in the halls or in the room itself. The refridgerator and the microwave were nice to have and clean. Overall the room and the lobby area were very clean and the staff all seemed super friendly. The room was a non smoking and actually didnt smell like smoke. Hallways are very well lit and the breakfast the next morning was nice. Hot gravy and biscuits, waffles and the other amenities one would expect.
All said it wasn't all rainbows and gumdrops. The walls to the exterior hall and the doors to the room appear to be poorly insulated. As a direct result you hear all the noises going on in the hall. The only other issue I have with the hotel is its lack of security in the parking lot. We had to park the first night at the rear of the hotel and the car was broken into. Oddly enough the only thing that was stolen were the birthday gifts for the nephew. Hope the thieves like three year olds toys. HAHA!! Its not the holels fault I understand but it would be a great touch if like at other places the clerk walked the perimeter from time to time or if at least they would install security cameras. Never would have believed a break in in Pawleys Island but what are ya gonna do. Not very smart criminals anyway after all they took the toys and left the diamond pendent hanging on the rearview, the garmin on the window and the pistol in the glove box. Just goes to show you, never safety anywhere. I would overall recommend this hotel and if you stay there is The Fresh Mkt next door. You MUST forgoe the hotel breakfast one morning and pay their bakery a visit first thing and of course the coffee bar. MMMMMMM

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank cjournigan
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We were in the area for a funeral and I booked this hotel over the phone.
The rate was excellent, the front desk staff very nice then even let us check in early.
Close to the beach in a nice area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ACD50
Reviewed 13 March 2012

During the check-in, I was told I had two rooms reserved via Expedia and would have to pay for both. I called Expedia and they had only one reservation--which is what I expected. They called the hotel and I was later told not to worry about it. We'll see.

The first room had the bed made, but dirty towels in the bathroom + a stray pill on the table. I was moved to another room, the person at the desk apologized but added "I have no control over that"; as if I thought she cleaned the rooms.

After walking out of the second room, I was greeted by a homeless person pushing her bicycle down the hall, with all her belongings piled on the back. I don't know if they let her take recyclables or what, but she came past the front desk; my colleague said they had a brief chat. She obviously is a regular. We later saw her sitting by the side of the road. This is not someplace I would use again.

Room Tip: Not the first floor, you may run into homeless people.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank R_lot_teas
Reviewed 21 December 2011

If you're looking for a place to stay and don't want to spend tons of $$ for a place on Pawley's Island, this motel is great! It's right on Highway 17, and just a few minutes drive from Pawley's and the beach. And, this is the only hotel that I've ever stayed that has LMN as a part of their cable offerings!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club
Hampton Inn Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach Area
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel

Been to Best Western Pawleys Island? Share your experiences!