“Nice stay ,only one problem”

Best Western Pawleys Island
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We had a great stay
-clean room 2-queen beds
-nice pool
-great location
Only one problem-could use more items at breakfast

Room Tip: all rooms nice
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here 3 days the week before the 4th. I chose this hotel because of the price and the appearance of the place from the website. I was not disappointed. You have to drive a couple miles to Pawley's Island beaches or Huntington Beach but it's not bad.
The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and the pillows were great. Bathroom was very clean. The staff was friendly and it was quiet...no partying or anything like that. Plenty of parking. Also the pool was nice and the work-out room too. The continental breakfast was muffins, bagels, waffles and cereal, and juice, I think. I didn't try the food, but the coffee was good and they keep it available all day. Also, there is a Fresh Market grocery right next door, and lots of places to eat very close by. I was very satisfied with my stay and will return if I stay again in Pawley's Island, which by the way, their beach is gorgeous!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

Comfortable room, quite, close beach, nice breakfast

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I checked in to this hotel on July 6th and stayed for 2 nights. The whole experience was exceptional. Nothing at all bad to say from the TV stations to the beds. THANKS for a good stay

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2012

As soon as I got to the hotel there was no one upfront it took 5min before the women saw me. When I checked in she looked at my ID and said his don't even look like you. On the way in there was a really big water bug which looks like a roach. Then room I got was a king bed no smoking room. It smelled really bad in the room and the carpet was really dirty. The shower was so bad I kept my shoes on. I hope the bed was clean but if not I turned the air on high and put on long clothes and kept on socks in the middle of the summer. If I had to do my vacation over again I would stay in charleston and drive to the beach every morning because hotels there are so nice and about the same price.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hopeandfaithPluslove
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Found this as part of Wyndam's Group and it was great we stayed last time in November 2011. Looking on Google I think it used to be a Holiday Inn Express ,Loved the place for us close to Brookgreen Gardens lovely quite hotel ,super breakfast nice large room great bed too we had room 103, best you can say is we are back in a couple of weeks . We live in Columbia SC so we pick each month between the mountains in NC and the SC Coast ,nice to be able to choose about equal distance , and a break from " Famously Hot Columbia".

Room Tip: Try for ground floor no elevator..
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I stayed there this past memorial day weekend. We normally stay at the Marriott but evrything was booked due to bike week in myrtle beach. We ended up staying at this hotel. Honestly I was skeptical at first staying at this hotel. But, I was pretty satisfied with this hotel. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was good, and we only had to drive about 30 mins to the oceanfront. good hotel :-)

• Stayed: May 2012
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club
Hampton Inn Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach Area
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel

Been to Best Western Pawleys Island? Share your experiences!