“Vacation Stay”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Lima, Ohio
“Vacation Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel is ideal for those looking for a great location, comfortable beds, well kept grounds, a friendly and helpful staff, and a quiet stay. It is a beautiful setting where it's at in Pawley's Island with many nice and varied restaurants close at hand. I would highly recommend this hotel for those visiting the area. It was much more desirable than staying in the thick of all the masses in Myrtle Beach. The pool was clean and well maintained as was the room. This rates a 10 in my book.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Greenville, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is in desperate need of remodeling. Room (we had a suite) was dark and musty, there was mold in the bathroom, the floors and sheets were damp from humidity in the room, and the furnishings were old. We couldn't wait to check out.

1 Thank Colleen K
hamptonpawleys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Sincerely;
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Very clean, very nicely kept up, lake and benches, water fountain, we usually would sit outside and have a drink before going to bed, very enjoyable. Great service. Good breakfast, everything was fresh, food was hot, GREAT coffee :-)! Great employees, always smiling, very friendly, "happy" people.

Camilla, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Staff was so friendly, quick to respond, and made awesome restaurant recommendations! Room very clean, but had a faint musty smell typicall in high humidity areas. Hotel is situated at a signalized intersection and very easy to get in an out of, but still was very quiet. Breakfast had good selection of healthy choices - oatmeal, fruit, boiled eggs. Only ammenity I wish hotel provided was bike rack. Pawley's Island/Litchfield area has awesome network of trails and most businesses had provisions for bike parking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Orangeburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Wonderful staff and facility. Front desk people very helpful. Parker, the manager, stayed late one day and helped me with a computer issue - which took 45minutes. Good location. Easy to get to beach and state park.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chelmsford, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

While the hotel itself met all the requirements of a Hampton Inn (very nice), the front desk staff was incredibly rude and unhelpful. I checked in late in the evening, after a very long drive, and the front desk wouldn't give me any directions and/or landmarks to help guide me to the hotel. (Not everyone in the world has GPS on their phone!) The morning checkout was filled with just as much attitude. The young man wouldn't even come out from in back of the wall to talk to me at the front desk. He just yelled instructions and answers to my questions from around the wall. It wasn't until I asked him if it were possible to talk to him face-to-face, that he came out from the back - annoyed that he had to get up from his chair!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Brian B
hamptonpawleys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. I have spoken to all of my staff concerning your unpleasant experience so another of our valuable guest does not have the same negative experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Let me start by saying, I was already upset my husband wanted to use my Hilton Honors points for this weekend for his sister's wedding. I only had enough points for one night and we had to pay $213 for the second night. We waited at the counter for about 10 minutes before anyone came to front desk to check us in. I thought this would be a great location by the beach, but his hotel was not updated. The elevator was broken on Saturday afternoon and again on Sunday morning just in time for checkout. Thank goodness it was only 3 floors. Fixtures in the room were old and one was hanging off wall in bathroom. Light fixture bracket fell off wall when I was trying to get my tv to work on the second day. Someone did come quickly when I called about the tv not working. They came and wiggled some cords and got it operating. Not worth the money or points I paid for this weekend, and I would certainly find another hotel if I am in this area again. Sorry.

Marsha-Columbia SC

2 Thank Marsha R
hamptonpawleys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We here at the hotel would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. Unfortunately, our elevator did have technical issues during your stay and we called and had technicians out ASAP. We are continually trying to improve our hotel and are looking into the unpleasant issues you experienced in your room during your stay. Also, I will personally speak the desk agent and make sure someone else doesn't have the same experience. We look forward to you staying with us again in the very near future and hope you won't experience the same problem again. Thanks you again for staying with us and hope you visit us again soon.

Sincerely;
Surfside Beach Resort
#1 of 5 in Surfside Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,395 reviews
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club

Been to Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield? Share your experiences!