“It was like staying in an old musty basement.”

Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“It was like staying in an old musty basement.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The room I checked into on July 3rd was an absolute disgrace. It was damp and musty. The carpet was filthy as well as the layers of dust everywhere. The furniture is outdated. Nothing like pics online. I have severe allergies and asthma and my stay at the Hampton totally ruined my weekend. I was constantly taking allergy meds and using my inhaler. Oh did I forget to mention the huge spider that I woke up to in my bed where my 1 yr old and I where sleeping. Not all of your staff was rude. Rich acted annoyed when I told him about the smell instead of having someone clean it he gave me a can of Frebreze. I had to leave my room door open and open the window. Now the policy says if your not satisfied we dont expect you to pay. So if I stayed three nights shouldn't I get a refund for three nights. It's alot more to the horror story so to sum it all up don't waste your hard earned money or vacation time on this overpriced fossil of an establishment. P.S.when your staff tells its a problem dont just patch it fix so the next guest wont have to suffer.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank lovelife1972
hamptonpawleys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I really appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Pawleys Island as your hotel of choice. I received your TripAdivsor review today of the issues you had with your stay. I want to personally apologize that you felt this way about the room and carpets. You can be assured that I will immediately look into the issues in your review.

I do want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am personally sorry you felt this was not the case during your stay with us.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please call me if you are ever in the area, so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and cleanliness!

Sincerely;
Parker Fox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel is ideal for those looking for a great location, comfortable beds, well kept grounds, a friendly and helpful staff, and a quiet stay. It is a beautiful setting where it's at in Pawley's Island with many nice and varied restaurants close at hand. I would highly recommend this hotel for those visiting the area. It was much more desirable than staying in the thick of all the masses in Myrtle Beach. The pool was clean and well maintained as was the room. This rates a 10 in my book.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Greenville, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is in desperate need of remodeling. Room (we had a suite) was dark and musty, there was mold in the bathroom, the floors and sheets were damp from humidity in the room, and the furnishings were old. We couldn't wait to check out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Colleen K
hamptonpawleys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Sincerely;
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Very clean, very nicely kept up, lake and benches, water fountain, we usually would sit outside and have a drink before going to bed, very enjoyable. Great service. Good breakfast, everything was fresh, food was hot, GREAT coffee :-)! Great employees, always smiling, very friendly, "happy" people.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Camilla, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Staff was so friendly, quick to respond, and made awesome restaurant recommendations! Room very clean, but had a faint musty smell typicall in high humidity areas. Hotel is situated at a signalized intersection and very easy to get in an out of, but still was very quiet. Breakfast had good selection of healthy choices - oatmeal, fruit, boiled eggs. Only ammenity I wish hotel provided was bike rack. Pawley's Island/Litchfield area has awesome network of trails and most businesses had provisions for bike parking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Orangeburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Wonderful staff and facility. Front desk people very helpful. Parker, the manager, stayed late one day and helped me with a computer issue - which took 45minutes. Good location. Easy to get to beach and state park.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chelmsford, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

While the hotel itself met all the requirements of a Hampton Inn (very nice), the front desk staff was incredibly rude and unhelpful. I checked in late in the evening, after a very long drive, and the front desk wouldn't give me any directions and/or landmarks to help guide me to the hotel. (Not everyone in the world has GPS on their phone!) The morning checkout was filled with just as much attitude. The young man wouldn't even come out from in back of the wall to talk to me at the front desk. He just yelled instructions and answers to my questions from around the wall. It wasn't until I asked him if it were possible to talk to him face-to-face, that he came out from the back - annoyed that he had to get up from his chair!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Brian B
hamptonpawleys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. I have spoken to all of my staff concerning your unpleasant experience so another of our valuable guest does not have the same negative experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pawleys Island
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club
Surfside Beach Resort
Surfside Beach Resort
#1 of 5 in Surfside Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield? Share your experiences!