“Nice dog-friendly accommodation”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Columbia, South Carolina
“Nice dog-friendly accommodation”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Of the hotels we've visited with our dog, this is my favorite so far. The room was comfortable and it smelled fresh--sometimes there's a weird odor in the rooms of pet-friendly hotels. Our room was on the first floor, and it was very quiet.
It was nice to have breakfast included, and the staff was pleasant and helpful. Although the box by the pool was often out of towels because it was a hot week with lots of swimming, we were always able to get additional towels at the desk.
We enjoyed having access to coffee and tea all day as well as cookies in the evening. The only thing that would have made this hotel better was a location closer to the ocean. While the ocean was walking distance, it was over 1/2 a mile one way. I would have liked to walk on the beach at night, but I didn't feel like trudging that distance. One day we drove to the beach, and that was ok. I like being closer to the ocean when I visit the beach; however, the choices for a summer hotel where my dog can visit the beach during the day are limited because of county regulations.
On the bright side, it was convenient to be walking distance to Bilo and the restaurants in the Bilo shopping center. The traffic wasn't bad either, and the areas around the hotel for picnicking, (even grilling out if you so chose,) and dog walking were plentiful and pleasant including bags for waste disposal.

Room Tip: We liked our first floor room. It was convenient for taking our dog outside.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HedwardsB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a lovely stay holiday week. Hotel was quiet despite a pool, families with children and some with dogs. Clean beds, clean room, breakfast service and a very accommodating staff made it easy. Especially impressed that housekeeping and front desk called us to report we'd left quite a bit of clothing in a dresser drawer and wanted to help us retrieve it. Impressive!

Room Tip: Pool view is unusual in a chain hotel and theirs made it special.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The room I checked into on July 3rd was an absolute disgrace. It was damp and musty. The carpet was filthy as well as the layers of dust everywhere. The furniture is outdated. Nothing like pics online. I have severe allergies and asthma and my stay at the Hampton totally ruined my weekend. I was constantly taking allergy meds and using my inhaler. Oh did I forget to mention the huge spider that I woke up to in my bed where my 1 yr old and I where sleeping. Not all of your staff was rude. Rich acted annoyed when I told him about the smell instead of having someone clean it he gave me a can of Frebreze. I had to leave my room door open and open the window. Now the policy says if your not satisfied we dont expect you to pay. So if I stayed three nights shouldn't I get a refund for three nights. It's alot more to the horror story so to sum it all up don't waste your hard earned money or vacation time on this overpriced fossil of an establishment. P.S.when your staff tells its a problem dont just patch it fix so the next guest wont have to suffer.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank lovelife1972
hamptonpawleys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I really appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Pawleys Island as your hotel of choice. I received your TripAdivsor review today of the issues you had with your stay. I want to personally apologize that you felt this way about the room and carpets. You can be assured that I will immediately look into the issues in your review.

I do want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am personally sorry you felt this was not the case during your stay with us.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please call me if you are ever in the area, so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and cleanliness!

Sincerely;
Parker Fox
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel is ideal for those looking for a great location, comfortable beds, well kept grounds, a friendly and helpful staff, and a quiet stay. It is a beautiful setting where it's at in Pawley's Island with many nice and varied restaurants close at hand. I would highly recommend this hotel for those visiting the area. It was much more desirable than staying in the thick of all the masses in Myrtle Beach. The pool was clean and well maintained as was the room. This rates a 10 in my book.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Greenville, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is in desperate need of remodeling. Room (we had a suite) was dark and musty, there was mold in the bathroom, the floors and sheets were damp from humidity in the room, and the furnishings were old. We couldn't wait to check out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Colleen K
hamptonpawleys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Sincerely;
Parker Fox
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Very clean, very nicely kept up, lake and benches, water fountain, we usually would sit outside and have a drink before going to bed, very enjoyable. Great service. Good breakfast, everything was fresh, food was hot, GREAT coffee :-)! Great employees, always smiling, very friendly, "happy" people.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Camilla, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Staff was so friendly, quick to respond, and made awesome restaurant recommendations! Room very clean, but had a faint musty smell typicall in high humidity areas. Hotel is situated at a signalized intersection and very easy to get in an out of, but still was very quiet. Breakfast had good selection of healthy choices - oatmeal, fruit, boiled eggs. Only ammenity I wish hotel provided was bike rack. Pawley's Island/Litchfield area has awesome network of trails and most businesses had provisions for bike parking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Surfside Beach Resort
#1 of 5 in Surfside Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,455 reviews
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club

Been to Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield? Share your experiences!