“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
South Carolina
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2008

We stayed at the Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort for a 4 day / 3 night getaway this month. We were recommended to Litchfield by a family friend, who said it was the perfect place for families to vacation on the beach. She was right!

We stayed at the Heron Marsh Villas (until 58). Ours was 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. We had 4 adults and 2 young kids. Our unit was extremely clean, well stocked and in a great location. It was a short (less than 5 minute) walk to the beach. We drove to the pool and checked out much of the grounds around the resort. The resort is beautifully landscaped, well kept and well run. We were very impressed. There are lots of nice areas to walk, run, fish and take in the scenery. The resort is also in a great section of town - very convenient to grocery stores, restaurants, etc.. We did not have to go further than 5 minutes away to get anything we needed.

The beach area at Litchfield is wonderful. It is a great family atmosphere. Lots of kids but not crowded. The people at this resort are nice middle class everyday folks, somewhat different from the types of people you tend to see in Myrtle Beach.

Overall, we were very impressed with this resort and we will definitely plan to stay here again.

• Liked — Location!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
Charlotte
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

I have stayed several times at Bridgewater since 1996. We have rented a home at Litchfield for the past years but decided to stay at Bridgewater for a short vacation. I would no longer reccomend this part of the resort. The building is in need of rennovation. The one bedroom 1.5 bath condo was in desperate need of a cleaning and a full rennovation. The room also had a rather unpleasant odor. This is all outside of the fire alarm being pulled at 7:30pm and 6:00am the following morning. The management simply excused it as having a defect and no offer of refund, etc.
One additional point, if you are a freind of resorts with GP(general population) go to Bridgewater. If not, then stay at another resort such as Kiawah.

• Liked — Beach
  • Disliked — Facilities
1 Thank CLTCharlotte
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2008

I was truly disappointed with the resort. I was looking forward to a nice vacation at the beach... but the apartment was smelly, noisy and beware of bedbugs!! Overall not quite the experience I was looking for.

• Liked — Close to the beach
  • Disliked — Everything else
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

I recently stayed at Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort for a long girls' weekend. I booked here because the resort was running a special for the new hotel, Summerhouse. The resort has several hotels and condos for rent. Summerhouse was the newest, featuring one bedroom with 2 Q beds, living room with pullout sofabed, full kitchen(with dishes and utensils incuded) and beautiful bathroom. The hotel was very quiet, could not even hear our neighbors. The pool was very close by, nice and clean. There was a shuttle to the beach every 10-20 minutes, and it was only a 10 minute walk to beach. Having Starbucks just a few steps away was awesome!! I would recommend this resort to anyone and everyone....families with children, singles, couples, etc. There is something here for everyone.

• Liked — very comfortable, quiet, relaxing
  • Disliked — nothing!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

This place is OK. We paid $130 total to spend one night. This place is a step below what my husband and I have become accustomed to. Our room was your standard hotel room. On the back of the building in which we stayed you can see screened in balconies however our room didn't have a balcony on it? I"m not quite sure how or why that is, and I don't remember that being an option on the web site..to pay more for a room with a balcony?
This place is called the Sea Side Inn, however it is at least a 10-15 minute walk to the beach, or you can stand in the 100 degree weather and wait for a shuttle to show up and drive you to the beach. We ate at Webster's, the restaurant on the resort. It was nice, not cheap, but the food was good.
Pictures can be quite deceiving as well...the swimming pool looks MUCH nicer on the web site than it is in real life.
Upon our departure I got a print out of my receipt. I was charged a $5.70 "Resort Usage Fee" and I was charged $1.00 for booking online....which I find confusing because I booked online at their web site. So, I guess it would be a better idea to book through Orbitz and not use their web site.
Overall I can't complain too much about our night at the SEa View Inn/Resort, but I don't think we'll be returning.

• Liked — The Restaurant
  • Disliked — Sub Par
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2008

Just returned from a four night stay at the Litchfield in Pawleys Island. What a great place. Rooms were clean and well stocked. We had a 1 bedroom suite, which featured full kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom with 2 double beds, large bath, washer & dryer and outside deck. The wireless connection was ok, nice to not have to pay extra for internet. Pool area nice and clean, very kid friendly. We stayed in Seaside we had our own indoor parking space which was very nice. Beach access is wounderful, peaceful not very crowded, however long walk from our room but we simply drove which may be easier if you have to carry chairs and towels. Great stay - we are planning a return visit in August.

Crushfamily/VA

• Liked — Large rooms
  • Disliked — na
fort mill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2008

This place was great! Me and my family/husband plus 2 boys who love to fish! Came to Pawley's Island and stayed @ the Litchfield in the Summerhouse. The rooms were perfect for my size family. It had a full kitchen, living room with pull out couch and a huge bedroom with 2 queen sized beds. I put the boys on the pull out so me and my hunnie could have some alone time. 2 flat screen tv's and view of a cool pond full of turtles. The room was very nice and clean, they brought towels everyday and made our beds. The shower was huge where you had a ledge to sit down on to shave our legs - ladies! It was a 5-10 minute walk to the beach...which was not a problem for me..I love to walk and quite honestly needed it too!! The beach was one of the best beaches I've been to thus far. The sand, very soft and smooth and big waves. My boys caught all kinds of fish, from sting rays to king macrlsl that we grilled and ate that nite. They fished right off the beach while I layed and relaxed. The resort had a cool fitness center, not like you see in the Hampton Inn, this one is a little better than that! We stayed with the starbuck special which allowed us coffee and a danish of our choice every morning of our stay. The starbucks is right where the lobby is located! The gift shop lady was very sweet, she's a newly local who just moved to Pawley from Texas, her and her husband decided to retire there and their home is almost done with the building process. This is where I want to be for my retirement. The front desk staff was nice and had no troubles checking in or out!! The pool and attendants both were really great! I know I sound like a broken record @ this point, but was very pleased with our little get a way! We stayed 4 days and 3 nites during July 4th. It was great, great fun! My kids met other kids and I can't wait to go back. FYI...if your staying in one of the vIllas - rent a golf cart to get around with the rental place is right up the street and they'll bring the cart to you. "Pawley's Island golf carts". Eveyone had a golf carts!! The grounds were nicely kept and lushes. I can't wait to get back there!! We're only a 4 hour drive living right outside of Charlotte NC!

• Liked — everything!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — not too much!!!!!!!!!!! Loved it all!!!!!!!!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pawleys Island
#2 of 6 in Murrells Inlet
BEST WESTERN Pawleys Island
BEST WESTERN Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island

Been to Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!