I made a reservation through the TripAdvisor advertised special. The banner for Litchfield Inn appeared, so I proceeded to book a room. I double checked that I could cancel the reservation. An email arrived from front desk at Litchfield confirming the reservation, giving a reservation number and having a return email address and phone number at the Inn. It restated the cancellation policy.
When I called to cancel, they claimed no knowledge of the reservation. When I replied to the email, again I got the Inn, but they claimed I had to "cancel through TripAdvisor".
Apparently they're running a "special" through a third-party system, but they won't honor those reservations.
Book only through reputable companies. Litchfield Inn has a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic South Carolina Oceanfront Resort. The hotel is situated on quiet and serene Litchfield Beach, yet only minutes from faster paced Myrtle Beach. Are attractions include Caledonia Golf and Fish Club, Brookgreen Gardens and Pawleys Plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Oceanfront Litchfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island
- The Litchfield Hotel
- Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island